• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Characters do you want as dlc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridleyfighter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ghostshooter13
This thread is about if there was going to be dlc for ssb4, who would you want and why? Remember, this is not a place for full scale arguments, but you can explain why you disagree/agree, just don't escalate it.
Now for me, I would go with Ridley.

The reason why is because, he is Samus's greatest nemesis, even greater than mother brain! And no, his size is not the problem, Sakurai said that adding Ridley would be tough because of deciding his speed, I think he should be fast in the air, and slow on the ground, the damage output of his attacks would depend on if he's in the air or not. He also was clearly able to be resized in the brawl hacks making this size argument irrelevant.

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
In my sig, I get both of them and I will never complain about anything Smash related.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Roy and Matthew/Isaac.

Roy, because he was my main in Melee and I haven't felt 'okay' with any other character as much as him. He's also my favorite FE character.

Matthew because Golden Sun is my favorite series and I prefer Matthew to Isaac, but I'd be fine with either.

Last edited:

Potpourri

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2921-9942-8562
Wolf, Lucas, Dixie, Impa, Ridley, Mewtwo
Cooking Mama, Savvy Stylist, Inkling, Captain Toad, Daisy

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
Isaac, Golden Sun deserves to have a character in Smash and he would make a great addition to the current roster.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Mewtwo
Ridley
King K. Rool
Isaac
Wolf
Impa
Ice Climbers

More or less the top 10 from the poll in my sig.

Geno

Last edited:

Seph 64

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1821-9451-2886
Tharja seeing as how they removed her as a trophy.

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Veterans that need to come back are Lucas, Wolf, Mewtwo, and, if they figure out a way to make them work, Ice Climbers.

Newcomers I want to see:

Isaac: My most wanted for Brawl and SSB4.
Ridley: No explanation needed.
Impa: Zelda series needs a newcomer and aside from the Triforce trio (and Tingle), I'd say Impa makes the most sense.

I also wouldn't mind Dixie, King K Rool, and/or Inkling.

FinalArcadia

Smash Cadet
NNID
FinalArcadia
Veterans:
Mewtwo
Wolf
Ice Climbers (I hardly even played them but I think it's sad they're gone, so if they could be Wii U exclusive DLC, that'd be nice)

Newcomers:
Ephraim (FE: Sacred Stones) - a lance-wielder would be unique, albeit unlikely with FE having got 2 newcomers already
Krystal (Star Fox) - give her the lance/spear thing from Adventures and I think she'd be a nice 3rd rep in place of Wolf now (RIP)
Professor Layton - not sure if he'd be possible, but he's shown some fighting skill in the games and movie and would be a neat addition
Komali, Medli, or Makar (LoZ: Wind Waker) - I'd love to see a Wind Waker rep in addition to Toon Link, and I think either of the Rito in particular could work, like give Medli attacks involving the harp somehow and the wind in general

luigijerk

Smash Cadet
I could care less about newcomers for DLC. I'd prefer Ice Climbers, Mewtwo, Ivysaur, and any other previously cut character.

Last edited:

Cactusblah

Smash Apprentice
Isaac and K. Rool are top priority for me. They deserve to be in the most.

Most veterans should return as well.

JDlightside

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0576-4808-8828
I would like to see Chibi-robo in the game. His moveset could like a cross between Villager and ROB. He would also complement stages like the toy room and the recently revealed "gamer" stage quite nicely.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Ok, this thread has just lost seriousness! LOL
Lost seriousness? Look, we should get Ridley, but Inkling's the main player from a well-received new IP and KK Slider's probably the second most iconic character from an extremely popular and memorable franchise.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
Ridley, Mewtwo are on top.
Anyone else I can think of would be like K.Rool, Bomberman, Birdo maybe? Ice Climbers and throw Geno in there for Brawl nostalgia ;)

Spirst

I think Boo would be such an interesting character if they could figure out a proper moveset to attach.

Morbi

Scavenger
I believe that Mewtwo and Ridley are happening regardless of what I want. Other than that, Wolf and only Wolf. I do not even like Wolf in the Smash Universe to be honest, but it does not feel as though the roster can be taken seriously without one of Nintendo's most iconic antagonists. One could argue the same about King K. Rool or Ridley, but the difference is that Wolf was actually on the roster at one point.

#Rekt :4jigglypuff:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Mewtwo, Lucas, Wolf and Ice Climbers. Returning veterans should take priority in my opinion. :)

I'd also like some clones and alternate costumes along the lines of Lucina and Alph, such as Impa being introduced as an altered Sheik or a costume of hers.

I'd certainly like a few new characters, but given how happy I am with the current roster and how I think returning veterans should return first (obviously this is debatable), I'm not too fussed. I mean, Ridley would be great, but I can't really say that I care much anymore. :p

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I was gonna put Takamaru but is Assist...
Veteran:
Mewtwo- Is Dr. Mario can return, Mewtwo too!
Ice Climber- There should. never.but.never.never. be. CUT!!!
Lucas and Wolf- They have own reason to be IN and show how clones should work.

Newcomers:
Isaac- Because golden sun cannot be in the dawn anymore, someone praise the sun for us our boy Isaac.
Bandana Dee- Is a spear wielder and I kinda bias with Kirby.
Ray MK III- We need more SUPER FIGHTING ROBOTS
Chibi-Robo- Same like Ray MK II.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
Isaac is definitely my top choice for DLC. He would just fit in so perfectly and some Golden Sun rep would be great. Yeah, another sword character and all, but he'd also be able to use his Psynergy to attack, kinda like what Ness does with his PSI. Plus, with what you can do using the Djinn in the game, finding a Final Smash wouldn't be too hard for him.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Pretty sure that discussions or threads pertaining to DLC are not allowed until DLC is confirmed. If it has been, well, forgive me.
However, my votes:

- Mewtwo
- Isaac
- Dixie Kong
- King K Rool
- Ice Climber
- Wolf
- Sami (Snake successor)
- Jill Valentine
- Shovel Knight

NavySage

Smash Rookie
I think a great case can be made for Snake, Isaac, Zero from Mega Man, and Hector from FE.

Mataata

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mataata
3DS FC
2964-8599-6875
Krystal/Peppy/Slippy (Star Fox has a lot of great characters and deserves more representation due to its upcoming reboot)
Tetra (Recent Wind Waker HD remake and generally an awesome character, tons of creativity for her moveset being a pirate and all)
Bandana Waddle Dee (Recent importantness due to the newer Kirby games, overall neat character)
9-Volt (Probably the second most recognizable character in WarioWare, has a stage in the Wii U version, lots of possibility for retro-inspired moves from games that Duck Hunt doesn't represent)
Jeff/Paula/Poo (MOTHER series has lots of interesting characters, recent Virtual Console release of EarthBound)
Dixie Kong (Has a rather large role in Donkey Kong Country, room for interesting moves using hair)

I'd like to see Chibi-Robo as a possible character as well due to his extremely varried moveset, but he just isn't very recognizable.

Pirate Goomba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BackburningPyro
3DS FC
3969-6919-4080
Switch FC
2859 5488 3187
Since a Goomba can somehow play baseball why not fight.

Last edited:

wifishark

Smash Rookie
Well if I was picking someone who never appeared in a smash game, I would love to see someone from the Advance War series join the main cast.

Ghoti

Smash Cadet

Espio the Chameleon is who I would want.

And let's not forget about Nonspecific Action Figure.

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Personally, I'm not too keen on DLC for this game, but if it were to happen, I'd be into seeing a Skull Kid. Aside from all the technical stuff, Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda title, and I'd love to see that game have its own rep (no matter how unlikely that character ever appearing in a smash game is) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom