• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Characters Do You Hate Fighting?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
:rosalina:Shuts down DHD's projectile game pretty much entirely if played well
As someone who plays DHD as my third main (first being Rosalina herself, second being Sonic), I will say things will get at least a little better in a patch, unless the dev team decides to be really ignorant and ignore the completely unacceptable glitch whereby Rosalina's Down B can literally render DHD's projectiles unusable for the entire match if she uses it while DHD's projectiles are being "shot" by the Zapper cursor (meaning they aren't even an option at that point).

Even though I main Rosalina, I think this is a completely unacceptable bug and is totally unfair.

----------

For me, I just have trouble against ZSS right now. Getting better against her though. Down B is the main issue across the board, and with Rosalina, her Neutral B is effective on Luma.

Little Mac is also annoying. If I'm Rosalina, it's because I know it will be an easy fight, or they win due to Little Mac's noob friendly KO Punch (as in, I dominate the whole fight and they barely hit me, but that stupid move gains charge even from taking damage). If I'm trying to participate in Conquest though, and I'm using a character I'm not great with, then I genuinely gonna have a hard time because of the Super Armour.

Also, Palutena because she's way too easy for me and the MU is just boring for me as Rosalina and DHD (haven't really fought her as anyone else though).

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Sonic. Not Little Mac. Not Duck Hunt. Not even Rosaluma.

Just friggin' Sonic.

Shulks in FG just back slash and play like they're MK with buster and smash on. Also, they're really predictable with vision. Jesus. As a Shulk main, it's a free win.

Anyone I hate fighting? Shulk also. My eyes are on fire while I'm going against one. Oh and there's ****ing Diddy who's both annoying on and offline. Need to get used to the match up >.>

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
Samus, Link, Toon Link. All the noobs who like rolling repetitively and spamming ranged attacks, and they taunt at you if you afk or SD. Those are the scums of For Glory and Sakurai made a big mistake making it FD only! I've found ways to punish these guys but they honestly need to be taught a lesson, and the fact that they actually think they are good just makes me cringe... =/
As a Samus main, it's kind of my job to spam projectiles. Her close range game is HORRIBLE. I'll only hit you with a Smash attack to get you off my grill so I can get a charge shot ready and start a missile barrage.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
As a Samus main, it's kind of my job to spam projectiles. Her close range game is HORRIBLE. I'll only hit you with a Smash attack to get you off my grill so I can get a charge shot ready and start a missile barrage.
Samus' ground game is bad. But she has mostly been a character who was focused more on her aerial game for as long as I can remember.

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
Samus' ground game is bad. But she has mostly been a character who was focused more on her aerial game for as long as I can remember.
The screw attack helps with this a lot, but it's kind of hard (for me at least) to play a good air game when none of the stages have platforms. :(

ferioku

Smash Ace
That's not my point, they continuously roll and spam projectiles. Megaman is one of my mains and you don't see me spamming projectiles, rolling continuously, taunting if people self destruct or afk, or play cheap for that matter!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's not my point, they continuously roll and spam projectiles. Megaman is one of my mains and you don't see me spamming projectiles, rolling continuously, taunting if people self destruct or afk, or play cheap for that matter!
There's nothing wrong with spamming projectiles if the character excels at doing so, and if rolling around a bunch of attacks works, then there is nothing wrong with that either.

And there is definitely nothing wrong with taunting opponents. The feature is there for a reason.

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
I don't roll or taunt. :p I run and jump, which I find is faster than rolling as Samus. As for taunting, I just think it's rude. I hate it when other people do it to me, so I don't do it at all. For some reason the Sonic players do this often online. But when I AM taunted, it just psychs me up for to beat the crap out of the person.

Last edited:

crazyhandmasterhand

Smash Cadet
Little Mac really would not be so bad if it were not for him getting points toward the KO Punch when he gets hit. If it were just charged up by him getting hits in, it would seem less cheap.

That aside, I hate facing characters with counters in general in this game now. I swear they got buffed so much in this game and it just seems way easier to activate and hit with now! I got countered by the person I was attacking IN THE MIDDLE of my Dancing Blade as Lucina. Also, maybe it's just me, but it seems like Shulk's Vision counter frames just last WAY too long.

HammerHappy

Smash Apprentice
- Anyone with a counter
- Duck Hunt when he camps (a.k.a almost every DHD)
- ZSS

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
most annoying? gotta go and say the good link players. ROB has a lot of amazing options both far away and close up. link on the other hand can easily shut down both these options. his projectiles cancel the gyro, I believe his shield can stop a laser at the right angle too... he has 3 projectiles compared to ROB's 2, and they all come out really fast so it's hard to reflect them. the new bomb is pretty dumb, especially with the item canceled air hookshot. avoid that to try and go all in, but his sword just jabs and shoots you away, or downright kills you with the new tipper hitbox.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Rosalina & Luma. Yes, Little Mac does have a certain advantage in Omega stages, but he isn't nearly as annoying as Rosaluma. Such a broken character.
- Duck Hunt when he camps (a.k.a almost every DHD)
They camp*

Last edited:

ferioku

Smash Ace
I don't roll or taunt. :p I run and jump, which I find is faster than rolling as Samus. As for taunting, I just think it's rude. I hate it when other people do it to me, so I don't do it at all. For some reason the Sonic players do this often online. But when I AM taunted, it just psychs me up for to beat the crap out of the person.
I just hate it when people think they're good and get their butts handed to them.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
honestly, rosa isn't as hard if you know what to do. whenever I fight one, I follow a small set of rules:

1. it takes one hit for luma to go in a stun phase. this is enough to cancel all of luma's moves, both normal and special.
2. when luma is close to the edge, make sure to hit it out. it will enter a helpless state and cannot be saved by recall. you now have 8 seconds + the time it takes for luma to touch the bottom blast zone to focus on rosa.
3. the instant luma appears, it can be hit but cannot be commanded by rosa, so if you're in a good position, get a good hit in to stop any plans rosa might have.
4. never grab rosa if luma is nearby. pretty simple.
5. if they're separated, you can actually bait rosa to attack by running to luma, then immediately going for rosa. this is more mindgames stuff though. its hard for a person to fight against 2 characters at once, but its also hard to control 2 characters at once. use this to your advantage.

hopefully this will help those fighting against rosa players.

Last edited:

BLUJAY

Smash Cadet
hmmm well i hate playing :rosalina: and :4duckhunt: that hurts to say because i love DHD

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Little Mac really would not be so bad if it were not for him getting points toward the KO Punch when he gets hit. If it were just charged up by him getting hits in, it would seem less cheap.
This. Nuthin's worse than dealing a hit that deals tons of damage... but then Mac comes back with a KO Punch...

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I hate Rosalina users who rely soley on Luma and run away waiting for it to regenerate. As a Rosalina main, I would like to think I do pretty well with or without Luma, even though Luma's death leaves two of her special attacks useless. Come on! Take your beating like a man and at least go out fighting.

Also Dedede's Gordo Spam gets frustrating. It's so hard to reflect and trying to dodge it makes the Dedede go for the grab.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'm not a big fan of fighting Rosalina either, but it's not like I can't win matches against her.

I know a pretty good player in my area and matches with him as Rosalina aren't exactly fun, but they are rewarding when I do steal a win!
Also Dedede's Gordo Spam gets frustrating. It's so hard to reflect and trying to dodge it makes the Dedede go for the grab.
Is it really that tough? Any attack can just send it flying. Just do a neutral or forward aerial and you should be fine with reflecting it.

AGreatProcrastinator

Smash Apprentice
-Good Sonics are the worst. It's like they never stop hopping and spinning around; I can barely get a hit in on them. Seriously, do they have any openings?

-Lots of characters get annoying when they decide to try camping, especially Samus and Link. It's not that they're difficult to deal with, but the roll roll roll shoot dodge roll roll roll thing can drag the fight out waaaay longer than it needs to be if I'm playing a slower character, which i usually am as a Ganondorf main.

-Mac used to give me trouble, but it's been a while since I've fought a decent one; i just throw them off stage and follow up once and they usually die.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I'm not a big fan of fighting Rosalina either, but it's not like I can't win matches against her.

I know a pretty good player in my area and matches with him as Rosalina aren't exactly fun, but they are rewarding when I do steal a win!
Is it really that tough? Any attack can just send it flying. Just do a neutral or forward aerial and you should be fine with reflecting it.
I'm no good with timing it and it usually comes at a weird angle or when I'm trying to get back on stage.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Not a fan of Dedede's. Mostly the ones that pick him after I whoop them with my own D3. What are you trying to prove son? That my character is cheap? That you are better with me? And then it becomes a fight of who threw the Gordo first...
But overall, I hate anyone who spams 1 move. Especially when I realize how to counter it after I ate 20 Falcon Kicks already.

Young Marth

Smash Apprentice
Rosalina honestly isn't a problem for me since i haven't really faced a really good one, and I usually just let my Little Macs side b off the map then I leave XD. Oh my lord counter spammer and DHD's PISS ME OFF. It's not that I can't beat them its that they're NO FUN to fight. even when I destroy one of them I immediately get off for glory and go play real matches with people i find online. Who likes chasing someone to other other side of the stage every 4 seconds cause they wont stop throwing projectiles?... And counter spammers just give me a headache because I don't have the patience to not uair string someone 3x worse than me. I hate waiting for grabs

Vanguard227

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vanguard227
Switch FC
SW 4222 8780 9424
excellent.
a way to vent my rage.

-basically anyone who spams projectiles (I main Ike, so I don't really have a good way to deal with them)

:4ness:-oh my god. Those PK thunders/PK fire grab combos drive me up a wall.
:4pikachu:-Neutral B spam, and those aerial combos
:4zss:-They almost always neutral b and then combo me into oblivion
:4yoshi:- It seems like all of his moves always have a higher priority
:4duckhunt:-his side smash is absolute bonkers
:4megaman:-not too much of a problem for now, but once I find a really good mega man user, I'm done for.
:4robinm:-playing the keep away game in order to charge their thunder
:4sheik:-Oh man. I don't think I've ever won against Sheik ever. Way too fast and absolutely wrecks my butt.
:4pit:/:4darkpit:-mainly people who spam his arrows and side B. (Stupid super armor)
:4tlink:-People who spam his down aerial. I can't seem to ever dodge it.

Surprisingly enough, :4littlemac:users don't bother me at all. Mainly because none of his attacks are projectiles. :p

Last edited:

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165
Oh, your opinion overwhelms me. I'm completely wrong, you are right.
That's not a opinion dude, she is not a dishonorable unskilled character. She requires a lot of skill and is honorable with those KOs on the opponent.

BubbaDuke

Smash Apprentice
I'm seeing a lot of links and toon links.

Every single one of them plays the same, and they're always a pain in the ass.

Top Bottom