• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What characters are solo-mainable?

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
With the way top players currently play it, sure; ICs could win a national where Armada is not in attendance and hbox doesn't camp. But I think we will see a shift in the meta to make them unviable at the top level in the next two years. I know it's tempting to believe they can do it, but if you actually watch the way Armada, hbox, and Mango play when they drop games you'll notice they actually approach. I think this happens because in their minds they're good enough to win without having to completely exploit the character the way leffen, crush, hbox (when he plays the matchup correctly), as others are known for. The difference between Armada/Hbox and Mango is Armada/Hbox are willing to sacrifice pride and play lamer to win. I would be more impressed if Chu could take a game other than the first. He literally just camps Armada the first game and Armada underestimates him. Sure, he has to be pretty ****ing good to pull it off even when Armada is just going in. But still, we've never seem Chu actually have an answer to Armada's adjustments. And I don't see him or any ICs having an answer to HBox's way of playing the matchup.

CursedKaiju

Smash Apprentice
what matchups are bad enough for samus and pikachu that they aren't solo mainable?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
what matchups are bad enough for samus and pikachu that they aren't solo mainable?
The kjh/sfat matchups. Lol jk, but foxes that know the matchup are hard. Samus/pika just have to work a lot harder than the top 5 characters (especially the top 4) to achieve high placings, so they usually end up losing at some point. Imo both are solo-mainable.... I mean what does "solo-mainable" even entail? Axe and Plup are absolute legends and duck is almost top 10. I guess it's impossible to main a character unless you can occasionally win majors? Lol

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
I mean in this thread it looks like everyone's discussing this with the definition of the character being capable of winning a super major. But if we're talking about it as capable of doing well at a super major, then yeah Pika and Samus are def solo mainable. Basically any character that's had good results this year is. I think with more representation, Luigi could be seen like this too.

Puff, Peach, Sheik, and Foxes that play the matchup well are the main obstacles. Falcon is also a struggle for Samus, but Duck has been making big strides in the matchup lately. Axe has gotten way better against Sheik in the last year too.

mariogamer

Smash Rookie
My personal thought is: first part ofthe tier list (I mean 1/2, and maybe even some mid tier/low tier like ganon) COULD do it. Kage showed this is possible with ganon (but he is no more going to many tournanement dues to,I think, money...).

Peach is definitely solo mainable. Falcon to, since his MU with sheik is pretty even as say'd multiple time before...

Also I don't think IC are solo mainable, since anyone who has a greate way to separate hem will destroy hem....

(And luigi was always the best for me :luigimelee::luigimelee::luigimelee:)

Yep I know I am way to much optimist...

Top Bottom