• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What characters are good against randomly aggresive players?

• Thread starter Deleted member 189823
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 189823

Hey.
In my region, it's a little common to see some random/generic player have the habit of using their character in a strange, extremely aggresive manner that just throws out moves randomly without thinking it, and that sways so much from the actual metagame that it keeps you off-balance when you're used to playing decent players. They commonly throw out smash attacks out of thin air or tilts, in Snake's case.

What would be the best way to deal with it? Against those people, I go Falco even though he's hardly close to even being a secondary. I have a friend who just goes Ganondorf, plays aggresively as usual and gets great results anyway.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
If it's the case of just going nuts with attacks and not throws, Marth is good for his counter ability.

HoldeN HoT FiyA

Smash Apprentice
I mean if they are wildly slinging out moves you should be able to punish them pretty easily.. Use your most comfortable character, play smart, and don't get sucked into their play-style.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
C.Falcon. Falcon Punch after every single whiffed smash. ONLY use Falcon Punch.
Also spam taunts. This is very important.

link2702

Smash Champion
really if they're wildly spamming moves like madmen aggressively like you describe it shouldn't be difficult at all to deal with em. I suppose if they were going that crazy i'd use someone like Ice climbers though, or DDD, someone who can chaingrab the hell out of em and punish em hard, forces em to realize how harsh they can get punished for playing sloppy and not being more patient.

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
maybe pit? or try a really campy character. MK is always really good against pretty much anything... lol

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
C.Falcon. Falcon Punch after every single whiffed smash. ONLY use Falcon Punch.
Also spam taunts. This is very important.
^ This is very important. Make sure to do vigorous screams while playing as falcon also. It puts fear into the hearts of your opponents.

Always remember.... "Dat aint falco".

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
I would fall under this...

Though I usually start running away and dodging randomly when a player evades my attacks.

"If you can't beat 'em, try not to look like a noob"

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hey.
In my region, it's a little common to see some random/generic player have the habit of using their character in a strange, extremely aggresive manner that just throws out moves randomly without thinking it, and that sways so much from the actual metagame that it keeps you off-balance when you're used to playing decent players. They commonly throw out smash attacks out of thin air or tilts, in Snake's case.

What would be the best way to deal with it? Against those people, I go Falco even though he's hardly close to even being a secondary. I have a friend who just goes Ganondorf, plays aggresively as usual and gets great results anyway.
Marth, Ike, Lucario, and G&W for projectiles.

Top Bottom