• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What character plays the most like a melee character (besides sheik)?

tbird99

Smash Apprentice
I am a melee player and I want to start playing sm4sh more but I've hated pretty much every character I've tried because I can't play any of them the way I want to be able to play (like melee). I play marth and falco and I want a fast character with strong offensive tools like these characters. Any ideas for who I should main?

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Smash 4 doesn't play anything like Melee. As someone who has played at least 400 hours of both, I can very safely tell you that. Maybe you should start clean.
:4fox:, :4mario: and :4falcon: are very aggressive, very strong and mobile characters, you should probably check them out.

tbird99

Smash Apprentice
Smash 4 doesn't play anything like Melee. As someone who has played at least 400 hours of both, I can very safely tell you that. Maybe you should start clean.
:4fox:, :4mario: and :4falcon: are very aggressive, very strong and mobile characters, you should probably check them out.
Mario was my original main, but he got extremely boring to play for me. I tried fox very briefly a while ago, and I actually kind of liked him. But I played fox in melee at the time and I tried to play exactly like melee fox, so I stopped so I wouldn't mess up my fox. However, I'm slowly starting to drop fox in favor of falco so I might start using sm4sh fox more. As for captain falcon I'll probably give him a chance as well

Dar4

Smash Apprentice
:4fox: for sure.

Try other fast/super mobile characters like :4sonic::4diddy::4greninja::4tlink::4mario::4falcon:if you don't like smash 4 fox.

Last edited:

SFC Goat

Smash Rookie
NNID
koroshiya72
3DS FC
4227-1995-9268
It's really hard to put into words but I know somewhere on the Internet, Hungrybox has put it better than I possibly ever could, thus why he switched to Wario for Smash 4 events.

Dar4

Smash Apprentice
It's really hard to put into words but I know somewhere on the Internet, Hungrybox has put it better than I possibly ever could, thus why he switched to Wario for Smash 4 events.
Saw two of his smash 4 matches on stream at pax this past weekend and he didn't play any wario.

I do agree that wario is probably the most melee like for players who main puff in melee and can't play her in smash 4 due to how bad she is. He has a similar character model - aerial based, powerful down B.

Last edited:
Top Bottom