• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What character improves you the most?

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
I was having a conversation with some friends, and the topic was: what character improves the player's game the most?

Characters that were named a lot were Marth (because his tipper mechanic teaches you spacing, and dashdancing is important for punishing bad spacing), Mario (because he's not hard to understand how to play) and Wario (idk why we agreed on this but it just feels right). Who do you think teaches you to be a better player the best?

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Different characters improve some areas of ones game better than others; there's no single "best" character for learning. Different players are also going to learn different things from each character, depending on how they understand and approach them.

Last edited:

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
You want to learn spacing? Play Marth.

You want to learn to punish every opening you can? Play Puff.

You want to learn to hit-confirm? Play Lucario.

You want to learn to edgeguard? Play Kirby.

You want to condition yourself to stop doing punishable stuff? Play Bowser, or spacies against anyone good at comboing them.

You want to break your hands develop mad techskill? Play Squirtle.

Last edited:

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio
ZSS helps me improve the most. Her 3.5 iteration is very reliant on HARD reads. So playing her makes me think outside the box and mindgme my opponents into doing what I want them to do.

Tomaster

Smash Journeyman
:fox: for shffls and other tech skills.
:bowser2: for learning to wavedash.
:mario2: for learning how to react in different situations.
:marth:for learning to space properly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom