• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What character do you want main next and last?

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
If you had to pick a character to main next would it be?
If you had to pick a character to main last who would it be?
I'm currently interested in using :4pit:. The arrows are fun to mess with.:p He has a decent recovery that I should work on not overshooting. Landing a spike with him feels satisfying. Plus I don't have many mains with a nice projectile. I have to work on my spacing and predictability to make Pit work for me.
I really don't like using heavys. They feel slow and I'm not a fan of the playstyle. I'd say :4ganondorf: is the character I want to main last. He has really flashy disrespect moves but I feel so slow. It takes forever to move across the stage. I don't like his recovery a whole lot. I'd rather use Falcon than Dorf since both have similar movesets. I prefer more skill based characters that requires decent knowledge of to work.

So yeah that is my opinion. Note the use of I's all over this post. The topic is more of one's opinion than facts of the characters.

Shin Chie

Smash Apprentice
After getting gud with Sheik. I really want to get into Mega Man. He's a character I've been wanting to play as since he was announced. I have a bit of a history with him as well. I've pretty much played all of the games in the Mega Man franchise honestly. He's my favorite game character of all time. I love how he plays in this game too. Although for me, he is really HARD to actually win matches with.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Wii Fit Trainer is a character I've had recent interest in. I'll see if I can play a few games with the character and understand his/her options on different Match-Ups.

Mintcario

uwu
NNID
Mintcario
I WANT TO MAIN R.O.B. AND NO ONE ELSE
Dedication, lol.

As for me, I'd like to keep R.O.B. as my main but I've been playing Charizard a lot recently and I want to keep him as a close secondary. I'm not sure if he'll ever be my number one main, but I do enjoy playing as him. Plus it's funny to see the reactions of people who are completely baffled by actually seeing a Charizard being used in general and don't know the MU at all.

And maybe Pikachu as a third choice for when I'm not feeling either of them.

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I'd love it to be Duck Hunt and only Duck Hunt but I have a lot of trouble fighting certain commonly used characters. So I'm working on Kirby and Sheik for some of DH's harder matchups.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
To be honest I've picked up and "mained" enough characters (like...20 excluding clones) to have counterpicks against virtually everyone in the roster (except for Mewtwo).

Though if we're going by a character I want to pick up next then it'd be :4greninja:. I don't know why but just watching one video of aMSa's Greninja from Apex 2015 was enough to convince me to pick him up and I'm having tons of fun doing his jab cancels, down tilt and nair setups, and B-reversing his Water Shurikens.

Even though I want to learn every character in the game I naturally have a few I'm inherently bad with and put off learning until later. The most prominent would have to be :4wiifit:. I'm not really a big fan of her unorthodox hitboxes and mediocre attacks and I don't have the passion to actually learn her as I did with Ike, Palutena, Zelda, and especially Falco.

muddykips

Smash Apprentice
NNID
skippykips
3DS FC
3609-1085-1849
Probably Sheik, she seems to contrast Yoshi pretty well.

The last character I'd want to main is Diddy, not because of some metagame hate thing, but just because he's really loud...

FruitNukes

Smash Rookie
I have some interest in working on maining Pit next... and I'd have to say that Mega Man is one of the characters that I have the least interest in picking up.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I guess I forgot to mention the character I have the least interest in playing...
Probably:4yoshi:. I like the oddball characters that function strangely but I have never ever been able to successfully operate this character in any game.

SnarkyCrow

Smash Cadet
NNID
Snarkycrow
Been using :4luigi: quite a bit, but I wanna have :4wario2: be the next in line, well either him or :4duckhunt: because they can be rather fun to play when you focus nearly equally on projectiles and close ranged attacks.
As for last: :4megaman:

Ladyspiker

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6235-1432-1920
Would love to to main: :4sheik:, for the variety and style the character brings. And a huge fan of Sheik anyways.

Least want to main: :4littlemac:, the pretty boring moveset would make maining him a hassle.

Last edited:

Beanie!

Smash Cadet
NNID
ItMeBeanie
3DS FC
0232-8522-8662
I'm always keeping Villager at number one, but if I had to choose somebody else, it'd be :4wiifit:.

As for the character I would rather die than main...? Either :4yoshi: or :4lucario:, I despise these two.

LightSpeed

Smash Rookie
I really want to learn :4luigi:. Sick combos bit terrible recovery. :4palutena:Is too frustrating to learn.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
i want to learn mega but i have no talent so i don't do so

i dislike most of the swordsmen (except shulk mk and reflet)

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
I want to learn to play :4bowserjr: better.
I never, ever, want to main as :4dedede: or :4bowser: because they're so slow and they are so easy to get destroyed if you know what you're doing as any other character basically.

D

Deleted member 269706

I just recently got into Falco and Jiggs. Managed to rest some guy 3 times in one match the other day! And my Falco has been pretty smooth as well.
As far as someone who I never want to main...I'm gonna go with Diddy, because he's...well he's a lot of horrible words I'm not allowed to say on this site:p

Last edited by a moderator:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
:rosalina:will always be my number one main, bar none; but if I have to pick someone else, I'd definitely go with :4falco:.
And I would much rather get shot than to main :4jigglypuff:and :4peach:. I literally hate these two.

RBreadsticks

Smash Apprentice
Next in line for me would be :4olimar: he's not too much of a drastic change from ROB style wise and he's a pretty fun character in general.

Last on my list would definetly be :4palutena: I just think she's utter garbage.

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
Duck Hunt forever, but if i could never play as him again i'd choose Diddy Kong. Diddy is imo the best character in the game but he's actually fun to play with

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
I've been trying to play DK effectively since day one and will continue refining my Banana Slam, but in the meantime I've got my multi-tool Fox.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I want to get better with Link until I feel comfortable playing against everyone like how I feel when I play DK, Falcon, Marth and Falco. It's just really hard adjusting to a more heavier projectile focused play style. I feel like Link can do some nasty tricks.

lazyzeke115

Smash Rookie
After playing a couple matches with him, I'd like to learn how to play:4dedede:. He's a lot more fun than I thought he would be

As for last, probably :4rob: and :4olimar:. I've played them a couple times and I just don't like the way they feel.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I'd have to say the character I want to play next is Olimar. I began using him recently, and I really enjoy the way he fights.

As for the last character I'd want to play, it would probably be Peach. I'm just not interested in playing as her, nothing else to say about it.

Top Bottom