• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Character do you suggest for me to play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirage_drag0n

Smash Apprentice
Ok, i've been playing SSBM for like more than 3 years but since it was only this year that i knew about all the advanced stuff from this site.

So now i want you to tell me what character i should be using.

I don't know how to wavedash so much and SHFFLing and i'm also not to good with spiking. However, i do know how to shorthop, tech, shield grab, dashdance, chain throwing and edge guard a bit.

So what character do you recommend for me?

mirage_drag0n

Smash Apprentice
I also have a little sister who plays capt. falcon and she is such a noob. All she ever does is spam his forward B move and sometimes stays in one place and does random falcon punches.
I really want her to use another character. Can you please suggest a character for her.
The character must be easy to use and she likes to spam moves. She also doesn't jump and uses aerials, never grabs and doesn't know any of the advanced stuff.

Could you guys please recommend a character for her.

mirage_drag0n

Smash Apprentice
I also have a little sister who plays capt. falcon and she is such a noob. All she ever does is spam his forward B move and sometimes stays in one place and does random falcon punches.
I really want her to use another character. Can you please suggest a character for her.
The character must be easy to use and she likes to spam moves. She also doesn't jump and uses aerials, never grabs and doesn't know any of the advanced stuff.

We usually play team battles and she is on my team and i usually use, marth, sheik, Dr. Mario and Ice Climbers.

Could you guys please recommend a character for her.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Fox
Falco
Luigi
If you want to work on wavedashing, Luigi has the best wavedash in the game. Your sister might like Fox, since Fox can dish out attacks pretty fast.

Raging_Missiles

Smash Journeyman
But i also have a noob sis and she plays Captain Falcon but she can do the Knee proficiently
so i say u just train ure sis to be as good as mine LOL

For u on the other hand how old are u cuzi if ure over 15 u should have no excuse not knowing how to do SHFFl's or wavedashing unless of course u really dont care (but then y would u check the boards ?)

Picking a character should be up to ure specific play style
If u like :
Speed Demons- Sheik , Fox , Falco
Power houses - Bowser, Gannon , DK
Imbalanced characters that always have the advantage no matter what map and who u are and can destroy every projectile with a single stroke of an imbalanced sword of doom that can whack you no matter where u are on the map - MARTH

A-Laon

Smash Master
From your description of your ability, I'd personally recommend you go with Marth, but hey, an analysis built on a foundation of vague descriptive aspects proves little. Just play around and find what works best for you. Preference is natural.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
How are we supposed to make this decision for you? We are not you. We don't know your style of play. All we know about you is that you know a few advanced techniques that are helpful for all characters. This gives us no information whatsoever. And, on this lack of information, I recommend that you play Game and Watch. Why? Well, you gave me nothing to work with, so your guess is as good as mine.. :p

Megaa

Smash Cadet
pick from top tier and high tier, and maybe C Fal or ICs...
He shouldn't pick ICs if he can't WD. :x

Practice Wavedashing, it's too sueful of a skill to completely ignore. Also, we cannot possibly help you as much as simple practice can.

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
Methinks, if you want to drill your technical skills, Mario and Dr. Mario are good characters to pick. To play them well, you will need a solid framework of shffl'd aerials, wavedashing and close-up ground game to win - incorporating all those advanced techniques you've been learning.

If you feel that you're strong enough technically, for the time being, but want to practice outguessing and understanding your opponent (which many people would argue falls under the heading of "mindgames"), Sheik, or maybe Peach would work well. In this case, you need to use a character that isn't slow persay, but can be played at a casual pace.

Nekorion

Smash Apprentice
Bowser
Jigglypuff
Kirby
Link
Peach
Shiek

Those would be my picks for you. Not having wavedashing is limiting in character choices and it goes without saying to practice with a character you like using to get used to his wavedash and master him/her.

Your sister seems like a completely different story. Spammer w/ little aerials if possible?
I guess you could say samus or shiek possibly? It's rather hard to fit both bills at once.

mirage_drag0n

Smash Apprentice
Well, currently i'm using Marth and Sheik as my main, with Marth i like to use his forward smash, aerials (not SHFFLed), tilts and up throw. For Sheik i use needles, tilts, down throw (sometimes chained) and non SHFFLed aerials.

What I want to uses is Ice Climbers but it's hard cause I don't wavedash, can only do the infinite grab sometimes, and desynching is difficult. I mainly use their smashes and throws and ice moves.

Also can you tell me how i should teach my sister to play capt. falcon, like what how is he used.

SilentGale

Smash Rookie
I suggest you not to play either Samus, Marth, Ice Climbers, Mewtwo or Luigi since they need to wave dash the most. Looking at all your other bad qualities, I recommend you stick with Sheik or use Peach (though she can be a bit harder to use).

As for your sister, tell her to use Samus since she is the best at spamming.

CDorrian

Smash Apprentice
You may want to try using a mid tier or Jiggly. They work, even when you learn the WoP with Jiggly! Kirbyciding with kirby is also fun.
so Is using Shiek to get the opponent to a high damage, knock them away, transform, and DOWNSMASH with zelda.

Your sister? Go to the C. Falcon character specific and go to AngeloBangelo's guide.

EDIT: Yay! 100 post! I can finally move my location!

The 5th Police

Smash Journeyman
Terios the Hedge that is hilraious picture. Reminds me of the time when I played that game. Anyway, back to smash look this question should never be asked again because I have seen it more than I can count. It really doesn't matter who you main as a character because there is another character out there that has more advantages than the character you pick. EX: if you main sheik you are screwed by IC's chain grabs which is basically what they would do to a sheik. My point is if don't ask anyone to decide for you who you should pick. Just experiment with each character.Its almost like asking yourself "what should I do with my life?" Sorry to get serious there but I had to make my point LOUD AND CLEAR!!!!!! lol.

mirage_drag0n

Smash Apprentice
Thank you for all suggestions. And that picture of a Mirage Dragon, I had no idea my user name was based on that, too bad i can't change my user name. Oh well.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Just pick your favorite character, even if you think he sucks. Game & Watch is my favorite character, and now I'm very good with him. I even use him in tournaments.

Eventually, you'll simply find characters that you like to play. It takes time. Give everyone a try and see which ones you like best. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom