• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Character Did You Vote For & Why?

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Can mods please re open the Ridley support thread? I don't understand why that one is closed yet we have 100+ support threads of characters who will never make it in. Might as well close all support threads.

At least so is Ridley fans can chit chat in the Ridley thread again now that he has a legit chance with this poll.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
I already voted on Wolf since he's the most likely veteran remaining to make a return (maybe Ice Climbers, but I'm not going to tread those waters in case it truly is impossible).

With that said, let me organize each remaining franchise in order to see which DLC candidates are likely to join in:

:4mario: While overcrowded a bit already, Captain Toad does seem to make the most sense as a newcomer.
:4dk: King K. Rool and Dixie Kong are it.
:4zelda: I think the only major character that is left is Impa (and even then, it'd have to be the Hyrule Warriors design)
:4samus: With Ridley and Dark Samus already taken, there's really nobody left to add.
:4pit: Both Hades and Medusa would make fine additions.
:4marth: Roy is about as close to a plausible DLC addition as we can get, and even then, Lucina makes him redundant.
:4kirby: Bandana Dee would complete the franchise.
:4fox: Once again, Wolf gets my vote, here. Some may also mention Krystal, but I prefer 64 to any of the other games.
:4pikachu: While the possibilities to add 3rd or 5th Gen Pokémon are there, I think the Pokémon cast is complete with Mewtwo.
:substitute: In progressive order from oldest to youngest, we still have Ice Climbers (if possible), Bubbles, Excitebiker, Isaac, Karate Joe/Marshall (one or the other; not both), Wonder Red, X protagonist (from Xenoblade Chronicles X), or, of course, the Inkling. There, of course, may be a few others I may have overlooked.
:4sonic: Snake and Rayman are most definitely the most plausible third party candidates to make it in as well as 3rd Party DLC, though if we are to add in a couple more, I figure Geno Ryu (from Ninja Gaiden) are the most likely candidates that spring to mind to represent all the major companies (Nintendo vs. Sega vs. Capcom vs. Namco vs. Konami vs. Tecmo vs. Square Enix vs. Ubisoft). NOT Bayonetta! As far as third party developers go, only characters that best represent their company and their respective history alongside Nintendo should be eligible (with Square perhaps the loosest exception since Geno is no mascot).

So, there you have it. My personal picks for Smash DLC includes the following: Captain Toad, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Hades, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Snake, Rayman, Ryu, and Geno. I feel that 10 more is the maximum expectations we should permit ourselves to.

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
Popo
Ice Climber

Reason: The Ice Climbers are an important part of Smash Bros. history and the game feels incomplete without them. As a duo, they may be impossible to include in the 3DS version, but Popo on his own should work fine, right? Nana can take up some of his alternate costumes.

To make a prediction, though, I think K. Rool is the one. He deserves it and he definitely has enough fans to make it happen. I just happen to care more about the Ice Climbers.

Last edited:

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Takamaru.
This is what I wrote:
"He's well known, since he appeared in the game that was originally bundled with the Wii U. In fact, he's the only character in Nintendo Land not to be playable in Super Smash Bros, if you count Villager as a a good enough Balloon Fight representant.
His game was also released for the Virtual Console in the West, so now he's not a Japan-only character."

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
I tried to vote for Bandana Waddle Dee, but for some reason, it didn't seem to be confirming my vote properly...
Here's what I put regardless, however.

"In Kirby's Return to Dream Land, this character was a playable character who could be chosen by players 2-4. He already has strong potential for various attacks using his spear, including a recovery move, and his alternate colors can include the yellow and green versions of himself that are playable in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. Even though Waddle Dees are enemies in Smash Run, Bandana Waddle Dee has his blue bandana and spear to set him apart from the rest."

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
KOS-MOS. Here is my reason:
Hello. I am sure this is an obscure choice but please try to hear me out! KOS-MOS is my favourite video game character and she debuted on the ps2 but she does have SOME affiliation with Nintendo. Now, the reason I am requesting her is that she is a Namco character that appears in lots of crossovers and that is reason for her to be in smash. She has a variety of weapons, amazing potential for movesets, and I would really love her to become more popular! I hope you consider her for a future title or dlc as a rare case. This is an amazing opportunity. I already have amazing ideas and so do you!

NNID
Majorasmask66
Hades from Kid Icarus because he is my favorite gaming character as well as a villain. Smash needs more villains.

Last edited:

BubbaDuke

Smash Apprentice
I have no idea who i'll vote for. No character really jumps out at me.

I could name a few pokemon, but I'd say we have enough.

Mario also definitely has enough reps at this point.

I want Wolf because I loved him in Brawl, but I also want someone new. So far the DLC only consists of veterans, and we really don't need him. This is going to be a tough choice.

Hmmmmmm

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114

I actually did this

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Im not sure who to vote for yet.

Big hitters like King K. Rool and Isaac come to mind initially.

I feel like I need to support an under dog, but one that doesnt waste my vote.

I don't really want to vote for a mid card character like Krystal or Bandana Dee or Impa.

I wanna vote Geno... Because its like.. Legendary

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
Im not sure who to vote for yet.

Big hitters like King K. Rool and Isaac come to mind initially.

I feel like I need to support an under dog, but one that doesnt waste my vote.

I don't really want to vote for a mid card character like Krystal or Bandana Dee or Impa.

I wanna vote Geno... Because its like.. Legendary
you can do this more than once

Can mods please re open the Ridley support thread? I don't understand why that one is closed yet we have 100+ support threads of characters who will never make it in. Might as well close all support threads.

At least so is Ridley fans can chit chat in the Ridley thread again now that he has a legit chance with this poll.
the rule is no deconfirmed characters. Stage hazard is consudered as a deconfirmation. Sure there is no real place to talk about ridley unless you are in the ridley group "space pirate mansion"but thats the rules.

Also not many characters are more likely than ridley who isnt happening in smash 4

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Alright, I tried again and this time it let me confirm and submit my vote for Bandana Dee!

gByron

Smash Cadet
Mario and fire emblem has many newcomers and zelda roster needed some additions. Its so sad that they made midna ghirahim and skull kid assist trophies. I voted for miles tails prower. I really enjoyed using him in sonic battle. He would be fun with flight disjoints and projectiles. Tornado x as a final smash would be nice!!

D

Deleted member

I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for supporting some (relatively) small indie character, but I voted Isaac from the Binding of Isaac.

inb4 smashboards as a whole votes Shaq

Last edited by a moderator:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
the rule is no deconfirmed characters. Stage hazard is consudered as a deconfirmation. Sure there is no real place to talk about ridley unless you are in the ridley group "space pirate mansion"but thats the rules.

Also not many characters are more likely than ridley who isnt happening in smash 4
We might as well cross every support thread that isn't King K Rool, Toas, Impa or Inkling. Most of those support threads for obscure characters will never make it in smash and still are active. Doesn't make much sense.

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
I voted Shovel Knight. He just seems so perfect for Smash, and it would offer some indie representation.

Big Homie

Smash Rookie
NNID
DTx_Casper
i voted for Sora from kingdom hearts 2
the reason. because he just fits the smash bros universe and his move list can be a killer one if they consider him

Sir Tundra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Righteous
3DS FC
2938-7133-5824
I voted for Wolf because of all the characters who were cut from brawl that deserve to come back besides Lucas, Wolf without a doubt deserves to come back since he was actually unique fighter and was a major staple in the star fox series. I just hope Wolf's offensive game gets reworked though. not like pm good since we all know that won't happen but at least give him better approach options and improve his neutral game.

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy
King K Rool or Toon Zelda/Sheik/Tetra

And if you aren't down with that, I only got two words for ya.

please reconsider.

Ragnarok_F4

Smash Rookie
Really interesting dynamic Nintendo is using lol. We we're joking that this is gonna start a new world war xD.

I went with:

Melia, becuase Shulk is very alone and Melia's gameplay would fit in Smash.
Micaiah since her gameplay IS different than typicial Marth/Lucina (I'm quite grateful with Robin though :p), she's also a protagonist.
Isaac because Golden Sun NEEDS more love.

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually gonna vote for Inklings on my computer, since I made my vote on my laptop! :)

I was originally going to vote for Crash Bandicoot, but I know he wouldn't make it </3
I just wasted my vote on Crash. No f***s given.

D

Deleted member

I voted for Bandana Dee.
I voted for him because I think that he has earned a spot after Kirby's popularity has soared throughout the years. Bandana Dee also has important roles in Kirby's Return to Dream Land and Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, the latter of which he appears as a playable character and Meta Knight and King Dedede don't. He also has moveset potential with his unique abilities with the spear. He may be seen as "just a Waddle Dee," but there is a lot more to him.

I would vote for more, but I think the first or the last vote count. If I could, I would also vote for Bomberman, Captain Toad, and Wolf.

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
I voted for one of the fighting polygons.
Don't you want someone to represent the smash bros series?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I voted Inkling.

My reasoning (not an exact quote): Initially, I wanted to go with a more obscure game and character to bring an esoteric franchise to light (the protagonist from "Crystalis", originally an SNK title before it was bought by Nintendo, was my initial choice). However, thinking about it now, and realizing how much I'm loving the game and the character(s), I would really love to see Inkling, from "Splatoon", in playable form in Smash Bros.

Why? Well, for starters, "Splatoon" is such a hot title right now, and it hasn't even been released yet, so what better way to promote the game further than to have Inkling be a rep in Smash Bros. Secondly, given the gameplay of "Splatoon", I can see Inkling having a very unique moveset involving the various weapons from its game, as well as swimming through its own ink (how they'll implement that kind of mechanic into Smash 4's engine is way beyond me). Adding both the female and male models as costumes for the character in a similar way to Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, and Robin is purely icing on an already great cake.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Isaac, of course. It could only be Isaac.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
My question is will they allow ballots for characters that are AT'd. Because I would love to make my ballot count for someone that can move from AT to playable.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I voted for many characters but then I realized that it said one per and someone said the last voted for character is what counts so (sorry Isaac...Wolf...list goes on...) I voted for King K. Rool a 2nd time.

I voted for K. Rool because not only do I think he damn well deserves it at this point after being tossed aside from being a playable character for so many years but he has such great moveset potential, there's another villain and I just love that croc. :p

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
People should stop wasting votes on Ridley because he won't happen. I see gamefaqs blowing up.
No matter how unlikely he is, he definitely won't happen if people don't show that they want him. It's not wasting your vote if that's the character you want the most.

Anyway, I'm still deciding. I want to vote for someone relatively unpopular, that way I can at least make my case without saying what's already been said a thousand times. Luckily I have no shortage of unpopular characters I want to vote for, just trying to figure out which one.

Top Bottom