• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What character annoys you the most on FG?

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
:4villager::4villagerf: These two. Every match I've had with a villager recently it feels like they're just trying to stall out to sudden death, just beat one with one second left on the clock felt good.
I don't stall, I approach with lloids, predict your obvious roll, shield, or jump and fsmash, fthrow or fair respectively, force you to recover low with a lloid, then hit you with a bowling ball as you rise up, killing at 30%. I bet my playstyle is more infuriating.

_gold_

Smash Master
Hands down, without a doubt, Duck Hunt Dog and Sanic. Every time I see one of them, I just sigh. DHD is simply a camper and a spam'r... most of the time. I apologize if you main DHD and you happen to not be one. But 75% of them are. And then there's Sanic. I don't know why, but most of the time when I'm playing against someone playing as him, it just feels like a kid that has no idea what they're doing. Only picking him cause Sanic speed is the best!

Aphistemi

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterOfTheToots
Duckhunt, it's literally a warzone getting through his zoning. and by the time you are close, you have 90% or more damage.

Sonic, all they do is spin dash until it works, A laggy one is a 10-0 matchup, give up now... -.-

Zero suit samus, paralyze, grab, upair, bounce around kick and repeat until you have 60 or so damage and finish you off with paralyze ~ grab ~ up b

Last edited:

K7Sniper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
K7Sniper
3DS FC
2595-1237-9071
It's not really any specific character. More just along the lines of playstyles, and when you attacks seem to hit, but don't. As in my kick goes through the guys character model, then they get an attack off.

That's happening a LOT lately for me.

Good thing I'm not one of those basic Noob villagers. I usually only use tree once or twice in a whole fight at most.
Also been facing a lot of these. Getting kills on me when I'm at 80% on moves that are just pulled out their butts.

Last edited:
:4falcon: I have never met a C.Falcon I enjoyed fighting. Whether I'm on Mac, Luigi, or Rosalina they ALWAYS give me a hard time. Plus most of them just camp the sides waiting to throw me off and hit me with the knee. So damn dumb.

:4link: For reasons already said. Just spam projectiles, dash attack, forward smash, and forward tilt. Oh, and down air whenever sent up. They don't seem to do anything but that.

:4sonic: Again for reasons already stated. I cannot stand Sonic in this game. It's always Side-B into neutral air into Up-B into Up-Air. That's the only thing Sonics seem to know how to do.

:4littlemac: Just a too many of them thing. I know I play him and it sounds hypocritical, but it hardly feels like any of the Macs I play actually put time into considering how to play him. They just play him by rush-down with no strategy and abusing super armor to high hell...side note, it's always amusing in a ditto to have a double smash attack happen and see who wins.

I'm sure there's more I'm not remembering, but these four are the biggest pains in the butt I face whenever I go into FG.

D

Deleted member

Oh boy, there's so many characters that I hate fighting online. Here they are: :4bowserjr::4megaman::4duckhunt::4littlemac::4shulk::4villager:(kinda):4link::4sonic:(depends):4yoshi::4samus:

See the pattern? It's probably just me, but every single one of these characters is very difficult to approach, sometimes to the point where I just want to give up in the match. It's gotten to the point where I had to pick up:rosalina: to deal with projectile spam, so it shouldn't be a problem once I learn how to play better with her. The others who don't use projectiles, like Little Mac and Shulk, are just way too strong and KO at early percents, leaving me scared as hell to approach them. Haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

RBreadsticks

Smash Apprentice
I don't stall, I approach with lloids, predict your obvious roll, shield, or jump and fsmash, fthrow or fair respectively, force you to recover low with a lloid, then hit you with a bowling ball as you rise up, killing at 30%. I bet my playstyle is more infuriating.
Lol I'd appreciate a villager who actually plays on for glory rather than the ones I find who after they lose the first stock will camp ledge with foward airs and never approach. I like fighting good villagers it's a fun/hard matchup for my main but the majority of people on for glory don't know what they're doing lol.

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
All this thread does is remind me there's a lot of people ruining perceptions of my Main.

Also, haven't run into an FG Samus I've liked. I dunno where this universal "Roll n' Charge" playstyle came from, but it's awful.

RBreadsticks

Smash Apprentice
New one. :4wiifit::4wiifitm:- Just fought one about 10 minutes ago, they pretty much ran ledge from ledge even though they could see that their reverse ledge guarding soccer ball and sun shenanigans wasn't working against my :4rob:' s reflector and gyro. I spiked them first stock, they spike me back my first stock. Final stock they're still having soccer practice on the ledge, I continually throw out tops onto ledge and go for dair spikes on ledge. Eventually one connects and they're sent straight down for their last stock. I just don't understand why they wouldn't just mix it up lol or try to rush me down. Was annoying just for how long it took to get the inevitable spike.

Princess_Emilu

Smash Cadet
:4littlemac::4sonic::4wario2:

In order-

-I lose to obviously bad players who use Little Mac. I don't get it- I just have a really tough time against him, regardless of who I use.

-Good or bad Sonic players seem to have one thing in common- they give no breathing room. I get overwhelmed too easily I guess.

-GO! GO! GO! GO! GO!

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
:4jigglypuff: - Jiggs is just so floaty, which makes it almost impossible for me to land followups a lot of the time, and the all play so similar.

:4link: - Because his ****ing roll is stupid, the ONLY time I ever complain about rolling is if it's a link player. When they mix it up with either an Fsmash or Jab, how the hell am I supposed to expect this? I'm bound to get hit by something, reading roll doesn't always work, it's just a game of rock paper scissors.

:4tlink: - Same reason. I always feel like every time I approach them properly, even when they're throwing a projectile they get a free roll or attack or some sort. It becomes a game of rock paper scissors after that.

:4sonic: - Because his spindash is braindead and most (if not all) are jackasses.

:4littlemac: - Jackasses, but I still beat 'em. :smirk: (They're so bad...and I don't even abuse him off stage)

:4ganondorf: - It's funny because I think Ganon is bad, but I struggle against some Ganons. Then again...that last Ganon I was NOT playing Greninja. He left after he won the 2nd match like a jackass. I'm just reckless sometimes, and my gameplay fluctuates depending on my mood.

:4yoshi: - Fraudulent players, very trigger-happy aggressive playstyle, right as soon as I try to attack out of shield I get hit by a ****ing boot.

:4fox: - Fraudulent, never really played a serious match with my main so not sure if I have anything to complain about. I blame the character matchup.

:4falcon: - Can you even combo properly? Also stop punching me like a gentleman as soon as I try to punish you out of shield. They all generally play the same.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Any character who spams projectiles to force an approach or catch someone. This does not include Peach or Zelda. Peach: she has to laggily pluck a turnip and it doesn't even go far. Zelda: her sideB takes dedication, so it's not braindead safe spam like Falco's blaster or Pikachu's thunderjolt.

I must say I'm very much disliking the top tier gang. I never disliked them in Melee or Brawl, but Sm4sh takes their gameplay to a safe, monotonous, and annoying level. Thus resulting in maximum unfun. It is made even worse because I have button delay, but it is only a little bit. So superspams means they faceroll and I just take the hits while they go "Are you feeling it now, Mr. Krabs Lil Puddin? Are you feeling it now, Mr. Krabs Lil Puddin, Art thou felling it now, Mr. Krabs Lil Puddin?"

Nope. Not rly. Sry.

Fun fact: fighting a tryhard/attack spammer? Just act aloof by standing or walking as they flail around. Use grabs and punishes. Win the game with as much grace as possible. Remember humans, sometimes (almost all the time) less is more in Smash.

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
:4link:: Arrows and boomerangs for days, sometimes bombs, only movement is rolling
:4tlink:: Same as :4link:
:4samus:: Roll and pew pew all day with missles and Charge Shot
:4sonic:: Spin dash for ever
:4fox:: Spam Laser and Smashes
:4ness:: PK fire Spam + Back Throw

In conclusion : spammy characters are the most annoying

Amiracle

Smash Apprentice
I think we can just all agree that the lag in FG makes projectile spamming characters a serious pain. When I play offline, I can deal with them a lot easier unless they're like a super skilled player of course

Sonic is also really hard to react to online

ImReallyFeelingIt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sailings
Already posted who I find annoying, but mario123007 no one should feel upset that their main has at least one post related to them being annoying. Every single character on the roster has one thing annoying about them. Nobody's perfect. B)

...Besides that. I'm sure this thread will be locked soon, anyway, since threads similar to this one have already been locked.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyone who spams. If i find myself in any mode, it will be that one :4charizard: to end me...

ThatAintFalcon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4296-3957-9894
Warning Received
:4villager::4villagerf: These two. Every match I've had with a villager recently it feels like they're just trying to stall out to sudden death, just beat one with one second left on the clock felt good.
Haha then they're not playing villager right...For a projectile-based character, villager does surprisingly well close up. You can play really defensively but you have to go in pretty close for the kill.

Yeah, villager has so many traps. The tree is the best, especially since some people think it's a good idea to dash attack you or attempt to grab you while you're standing next to the sprout. Also, the offstage slingshot wall of pain is definitely not something you want to get stuck in.

:4jigglypuff: - Jiggs is just so floaty, which makes it almost impossible for me to land followups a lot of the time, and the all play so similar.

:4link: - Because his ****ing roll is stupid, the ONLY time I ever complain about rolling is if it's a link player. When they mix it up with either an Fsmash or Jab, how the hell am I supposed to expect this? I'm bound to get hit by something, reading roll doesn't always work, it's just a game of rock paper scissors.

:4tlink: - Same reason. I always feel like every time I approach them properly, even when they're throwing a projectile they get a free roll or attack or some sort. It becomes a game of rock paper scissors after that.

:4sonic: - Because his spindash is braindead and most (if not all) are *******es.

:4littlemac: - *******es, but I still beat 'em. :smirk: (They're so bad...and I don't even abuse him off stage)

:4ganondorf: - It's funny because I think Ganon is bad, but I struggle against some Ganons. Then again...that last Ganon I was NOT playing Greninja. He left after he won the 2nd match like a *******. I'm just reckless sometimes, and my gameplay fluctuates depending on my mood.

:4yoshi: - Fraudulent players, very trigger-happy aggressive playstyle, right as soon as I try to attack out of shield I get hit by a ****ing boot.

:4fox: - Fraudulent, never really played a serious match with my main so not sure if I have anything to complain about. I blame the character matchup.

:4falcon: - Can you even combo properly? Also stop punching me like a gentleman as soon as I try to punish you out of shield. They all generally play the same.
Um...fraudulent? Anyway, I have to agree with you on captain falcon, even though I main him. Most of the other falcon players I find just try to dash attack or grab me...pretty predictable and punishable. It's better to run up to an opponent, wait for their reaction, and punish accordingly rather than mindlessly run in to start some "easy bake combos." It's really not good to constantly rely on D-throw into U-air. Yes, it works, but Captain Falcon has moves other than U-air. I've found very few that used N-air consistently during the match. Other very underutilized tactics include air dodge punishes (wait for the opponent to air dodge, then spike or knee) and falling U-air punishes (combos into knee, can kill). It makes me sad to see people using my main so badly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karinole

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Karinole
:4ness: There are WAY too many online and they are literally all the same.
:4link:Man, I wonder if he's going to throw a boomerang followed up with an arrow.
:4sonic:Spin Dash ayy lmao

D

Deleted member

Ditto matches: The only one that I find to be particularly fun is the Captain Falcon one. Other than that, it's more of a fight to prove if you are better with your main.

:4littlemac:He's annoying because of his super armor. As a Luigi main, Little Mac really exploits a lot of Luigi's core problems with his air speed and traction. He becomes less annoying when I switch to Shulk, a character with a crapton of range that can easily gimp Little Mac.

:4link::4tlink:When I encounter these guys, they tend to be pretty campy.

:4ganondorf:Now this is more personal because I have recently been on an absolute losing streak against Ganondorf. I can't seem to beat him... I'm too afraid to go near him. As Luigi, all of his aerials are safe on shield because of his traction and I could end up off stage and die to an aerial. His up smash has no end lag as well, catching me off guard. His goddamn side B is annoying as hell. I can't even go near him off stage because I fear getting hit by his aerials or have a Ganondorf do the Ganoncide maneuver. I just can't win.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
:4lucario:People who play this guy just to camp with Aura Sphere and exploit the ****ty, crutchy Aura mechanic just plain disgust me. At least it makes reflect kills more satisfying.
:4wario:Bikespam and farting... truly a moveset of champions.
:4ganondorf::4dedede::4littlemac::4myfriends:One strike, and you're out.
:4zss:Easy Bake Combo!
:4ness:I didn't know online Smash had an easy mode...

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
Falcon: I play falcon and sheik, and there's a lot of falcon dittos. Usually gets pretty stale. Most of them suck as well.
Ness: Pk thunder to back throw, and the assuming that i'm ******** and don't know that he can hit himself with his PK thunder and turn into a projectile.
Sonic: Side B to Arials. Almost never works and i don't even have fun reading these super predictable players.
Link: For some reason every link player thinks doing boomerang than arrow right after is impossible to beat. Very easy players to beat, and all play the same so it's like i'm playing a match i've already played a thousand times.
Villager: Can be fun sometimes, but sometimes hes campy and boring.
Mario: I know about his downthrow combo, and i know how to DI out of it. sorry.
Charizard: Spamming Side-B... Almost as if he doesn't know it gives him damage, is very slow on start up, and had long ending frames when he misses.

On the flip side, characters i like to play:
Little mac: I always enjoyed falcon vs little mac, And with sheik i love gimping mac and going for the kills at 10%.
Rosaluma: Always interesting, Falcon seems to be a good match up against this one.
Diddy: May as well learn this match up online, all the good diddies seem to be in tournmanents though. I don't see many on FG that are good, but i love stealing his banana.
Sheik: I love sheik dittos, some of the funnest matches.
Luigi: Seemingly all luigi players online are half decent, always a close match.
DK: Mostly because I find it easy to practice combos on DK.
Shulk: Always fun.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
As a Rosalina main myself, I find it funny that some people find her annoying just because of Luma. Y'all say that because you either made a mistake and you deserved it or just completely ignored Luma...wait, that actually sound like the same thing. Well, whatever. It ain't that hard to kill Luma, people!

On topic, fighting Ness and Captain Falcon over and over with the same strategies gets extremely boring these days that they're now pretty easy to beat...and Sanic is also a pain in the ass to deal with. Damn, she's a feisty little chick, ain't she?

Last edited:

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
Little Mac, Sonic and Captain Falcon usually annoy me, though it is due to the player more than the character. The really aggressive ones seem to rely on the internet to prevent me from properly reacting to them, which gets me frustrated since I can read them like a book but can't seem to get things done right because of the delay that happens. I like fighting the experienced ones, as they put me in situations that I haven't been in before and actually test my mettle instead of the internet consistency.

I'm always surprised when I hear people complain about my Main, probably because it doesn't happen very often. Not sure if I should feel flattered about it or not, since it means we're getting exposure but not always the good kind. hmm.....

Tythaeus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX-R4GE-Xx
3DS FC
4038-7179-8613
:4littlemac:: 95% of the Little Macs I face on FG are terribad.

:4gaw:: This is one game I rather not watch.
:4jigglypuff:: I just dislike this character.
:4link:,:4tlink:: #CompetitiveSpamming
:4villager:: #CompetitiveCamping

Ludiloco

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ludiloco
Little Mac definitely. Especially the super smug ones that give actual Mac mains a bad name. Flip on your lag switch and throw out unpunishable smash attacks = 90% WR

Link/Toon are annoying too, but so many of them are actually really bad when you get past their wall of projectiles.

Mega Man is annoying, but I've encountered far more good ones than bad. Duck Hunt is kind of a mixed bag.

Sonic is annoying but same thing as the Links. Most Sonics online are just really really bad.

Whoever thought FD was the most balanced stage to use online was smoking something, it should've been different variations of Smashville instead imo.

Last edited:

Blazerator

Smash Cadet
NNID
josh2499
:4wario:

Specifically the ones that just go back and forth under the stage until the match ends -.-

D

Deleted member

I'm surprised not many people have mentioned Mega Man.
I hate fighting against Mega Man in For Glory for one simple reason; his matches take way too long. A majority of his matches reach the 4 minute mark or go into Sudden Death.
If you fight Mega Man, just remember to check that clock.

BZero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
brand23
There are some that are really annoying like :4sonic::4villager:

But the one I cannot stand is....
:4link:

Here's why. Link player: "Ah yes another 1v1 fight. Let's go! ---loading...--- Time to fight! Hey I have the perfect plan.... SPAM MEH PROJECTILES!"

Me: Oh come on... Not again. :glare:

Mewtwo929

Smash Apprentice
A small village called......... Pallet Town!!!
NNID
Joestoes
Update: :4falcon::4ganondorf::4sonic:are the most annoying to me.

:4falcon:: Too friggin many!!!!! Always seem like they had WAY too much coffee, seriously it's these kind of characters that make me wish tripping was still in the game lol.

:4ganondorf:: side b into down a. Every. Single. Time. Too friggin many!!!!!

:4sonic:: soo friggin fast!!!! the same repetitive moves over and over!!!

I enjoy::4zelda::4yoshi::4wiifitm::4wario2::4wario::4villager::4shulk::4sheik::4samus::rosalina::4robinm::4pit::4pikachu::4palutena::4alph::4metaknight::4megaman::4marth::4mario::4luigi::4lucina::4lucario::4kirby::4jigglypuff::4myfriends::4greninja::4gaw::4drmario::4dk::4diddy::4dedede::4darkpit::4charizard::4bowserjr::4bowser:.

I barely know how to play :4falco:, but I always win against :4samus: with him...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Diddy kong is super annoying with those banana peels as well as pikachu with those electrocution stun grabs.:025:

aquaticpineapples

Smash Apprentice
Sonic is the absolute worst. With no platforms to stand on, you always have to react to his side B, and thats difficult to do when theres so much lag. Not to mention that the lag, combined with his speed makes it impossible to punish

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
Sonic
Rosaluma
Zero Suit Samus
Little Mac
ROB
Zelda
King Dedede
The nine God damned million Nesses.
The ten God damned trillion Captain Falcons.
Mario
Luigi
Hoo Ha
Robin
Megaman

I think there must be a written pact some where that everyone who plays these characters has agreed to be the biggest ****heads online while also playing the most Kyle characters in the game.

Lag Chan

Fastfall Nair Everyday
NNID
BlankaHondaShrek
:4mario::4link::4falcon:Stand out as the "Easy Mode" characters online, pretty much any moron can pick them up and get wins if you're using a character that's a bad match up (All of them do pretty well against heavyweights, so most of the time I'm screwed or it's an uphill struggle)
:4ganondorf:Only ever seen one good Ganondorf online, the rest of them love to spam :GCR::GCB: and :GCD::GCB:
:4sonic:Every time I fight against a Sonic, the timer almost runs out. So much time having to try and predict them since he's near impossible to punish at times.
:4samus:Not as bad as Link, but still annoying.
:4sheik::4ness:Wall of pain for days.
:4yoshi::4zss::rosalina::4luigi:Either they're really good and mop the floor with me, or they're really bad and are clearly only using them because of their tier status.

Top Bottom