• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What character annoys you the most on FG?

Artryuu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Artryuu
3DS FC
5086-2093-6692
Megamans and Lucarios. That rage tho >_>.

AUS

Smash Cadet
Little Mac, not because he's super OP like many thought at the start of Smash 4 but many of the people who play him like to just Camp and use his amazing roll and every so often go in with a jab combo or side-b and wait to get his KO punch. Also Lucario with his rage, god do I hate rage.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
There are a lot of characters that I despise on FG, but none of them do I hate more than :4falcon:. He's everywhere. Whenever you go on FG, he's there. It's like Little Mac when the game was young. I legit fought 4 different Captain Falcons out of 10 FG players yesterday. At least most of them suck...

Last edited:

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
I find the most annoying to be Bowser, and not because of the character, because of the players. I have yet to meet a good Bowser that doesn't do anything other than down b or dair when they get launched, and every time I play against one they sit there and just charge fsmash, hoping/thinking im stupid enough to just run straight into them.

The fights are very boring and one-sided, I enjoying being challenged, but I suppose FG isn't the place for that, that's why I got you lovely people here. :love: You rock Smashboards community!

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
:4sonic::4olimar::4littlemac::rosalina:.....

They slow the game to a crawl.

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
:4falcon:And:4ness:,everywhere online and the fact that everyone plays them the exact same way.its gets boring after awhile.

AlextheTwin

Smash Cadet
Link - There's so many of them...easily the character I encounter most. And it's a terrible matchup for my main, DDD. Many of them just spam projectiles and camp. It's so annoying.

Ness is a close 2nd. He's so annoying because the character WON'T SHUT UP! All his whines and screams after every move annoy the heck out of me. Not to mention how many people spam his lightning.

I would say Duck Hunt but I rarely see them.

Last edited:

RBreadsticks

Smash Apprentice
:4palutena: Now I know what you're thinking, Palutena is pretty bad(sorry pauletena mains) why would she annoy you? Well I play :4rob: and after beating someone multiple times they will without fail switch to pauletena thinking her reflect is a 100 percent counter or something.

I don't know why people on for glory believe they can take a character that they probably know nothing about and won just through hitting the reflect button. I don't think I've lost any of these matches but if I have to hear "reflect reflect reflect reflect auto reticle reflect" one more time I think I'll pull my hair out. Just play your mains people a random counter pick won't help.

PixelPerfect

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Link1182
:4link::4tlink: -Only projectiles
:4sonic:-Side b into aerials. That's it
:4yoshi:-I don't know why but he's like my Achilles Heel. I have no idea how to counter him, plus all that super armor...

PixelPerfect

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Link1182
:4falcon:And:4ness:,everywhere online and the fact that everyone plays them the exact same way.its gets boring after awhile.
Makes me feel bad that I main both of them. I guess I need to start playing characters that fewer people play.

KH1COM2

Smash Boss
My pain in the ass to fight is Olimar, because I main Villager, so he does the exact same thing to me what I do to my opponents: Projectile attack and run away .-.

Damn you, you 4 centimeter little ****

Amiracle

Smash Apprentice
Toon Link. Spam projectiles, run away

Link, just because I think he's probably the easiest character in the game to play

Kirby, spam Down B, and Up B

Jigglypuff, Always flying

Villager, gets boring chasing them

Sonic, Need I explain?

Bowser Jr. Camp and then Clown car to the other side

Olimar, Side B Spam and run away

I mostly hate characters who don't fight in the traditional sense. As the game was supposed to be played

ImReallyFeelingIt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sailings
:4bowser: :4kirby: Can't chase them in the air.
:4link: "Good luck using those fancy spin dashes of yours while I throw my arrows, bombs, and boomerangs! Oh and reminder that if you decide to face me head on you have to deal with my OP strong attacks."
:4charizard: That one move.
:4wario2: BIKE!
:4villager: A game of don't get hit by the rocket or Watch out for the Tree.
:4zss: Shot, Grab, uair or up-b(?)
:rosalina: Because Luma.
:4sonic: Mainly if it's a ditto because it's not even a fight anymore it's just to see who charges their spin dash up more.

ThatAintFalcon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4296-3957-9894
There are a lot of characters that I despise on FG, but none of them do I hate more than :4falcon:. He's everywhere. Whenever you go on FG, he's there. It's like Little Mac when the game was young. I legit fought 4 different Captain Falcons out of 10 FG players yesterday. At least most of them suck... (Source: My sig)
Dishonorable mentions go to :4yoshi::4sonic::4sheik::4kirby::4mario::4ness::4wario::4peach:and:4villager:
Meh...at least captain falcon is a very risky character. You can't just throw out moves (especially falcon kick...that's probably his worst move other than raptor boost) I definitely agree with you about ness with that cheap side special, and mario players thinking they're cool with that D-throw into up tilt. Sonic's spin dash is very annoying to deal with too, and yoshi can jab or nair out of almost anything to escape punishes. As for villager, he's meant to be a troll character.

ThatAintFalcon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4296-3957-9894
Even though I main Captain Falcon, I rarely use him in for glory because he has bad match ups with many of the characters that are commonly used online (zero suit samus can stop him dead in his tracks with that paralyzer gun) I usually use villager and take advantage of all the projectile spammers I find. I used to hate lucario until I found out about Villager's pocket. And no, I don't play that lame camping game at the edge with Lloid rockets and slingshot, I find that villager's up close combo game is very good and underused. Also, lucario players: find moves other than dash attack, aura sphere, and force Palm. Lucario also has a very good up close combo game. Just because his projectile is good doesn't mean you should constantly use it.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Its a tie between :4sonic: and:4diddy:the way they are played is just dumb. The same thing over and over til it works.

diclonyuus

Smash Rookie
I hate playing against Little Mac in For Glory.
Sometimes I stream for a few RL mates, and when they see a Little Mac against me, they know that I'm fuming inside.

The reason? Well, it's pretty difficult to describe. Most matches against them are not enjoyable. Either the Mac player lags, slowing the game down to a crawl - or they end up spamming side-b and rolls. I don't have much trouble getting the upper hand against that, but it's extremely tedious because it forces me into a very defensive playstyle until they screw up (which that kind of Mac player inevitably does).

A good little Mac, on the other hand, will be a lot of fun to play against, maybe? I wouldn't know because I feel like most good players don't pick him anymore, at least I haven't met one on FG. Maybe I'm just unlucky.

Last edited:

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
I usually don't find any character particulary more annoying when the connection is good, but when it's lagging....

:4sonic: Hard to react to his speed and Side B when there's lag.
:4samus: Charge shots and missile spam (i usually play characters without reflectors)
:4lucario: Like Samus but worse, extremely annoying to beat his Force palm and Aura sphere during lag if he's enraged

Last edited:

Amiracle

Smash Apprentice
^ that pokemon signature, but your main is Villager. I always question people who love to play villager

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
As a :rosalina: main, I really don't like :4falcon:. His speed, grabs and Uair pressure can actually get through Luma if one isn't careful, forcing me to have to play more defensively than I already do. :4duckhunt:, :4littlemac:, :4greninja:, and :4diddy: also annoy me.

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
Sonics cause most sonics on for glory just use the spin move, dodge back, rinse and repeat

nozzle3466

Smash Rookie
Probably shulk, the characters i play struggle a lot getting in on him or punishing him and ugh that counter is too strong.. I dont mean spammers i mean actually decent shulks that move around while changing arts.

Last edited:

Comet Knight

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ben.Y32
3DS FC
2208-6123-2254
^ that pokemon signature, but your main is Villager. I always question people who love to play villager
Read my profile you will understand. I love Pokemon and I've always loved it since I was 4. I played Greninja at first but lost a ton to everyone. I really liked playing him but I got tired of losing. So I tried random characters and thought Villager felt much easier to play to me. Ive never actually played animal crossing but I will get it along with the new 3ds when it comes out. But anyways I also dislike those who taunt after every kill. If it was a really good kill that would be fine but most times it is not like that.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
:4sonic::4olimar::4littlemac::rosalina:.....

They slow the game to a crawl.
Okay as for a :4sonic::rosalina: main, I will feel irritated that someone actually think my mains are annoying, but don't worry, I understand that you don't like them for game mechanic reasons.
In gameplay, I don't really like:4lucario:... he's so hard to defeat...
:4bowserjr:Personal reasons, even though I have some obvious reasons, but this is what "Annoys" me the most, not what I "Hate" the most. But he is sort of annoying when someone abuses his Up-B.
:4ganondorf:His flame choke...
:4metaknight:Abuses his Up-B in the Super Mario bros stage(Brawl) on the 3DS

Everyone should aware that this is about which character that annoys you in FG, not actually a thread that want you to tell which character you don't like it to be in Smash bros, or just hate it for personal reasons (And hope there isn't any hate character discussion because that thread will be like a war zone:dizzy:), even tough you hate it. you shouldn't mock it's fans.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Okay as for a :4sonic::rosalina: main, I will feel irritated that someone actually think my mains are annoying, but don't worry, I understand that you don't like them for game mechanic reasons.
It's unfortunate but true, for me at least. I understand though, lots of people hate my main.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's unfortunate but true, for me at least. I understand though, lots of people hate my main.
You mean :4duckhunt:? At first I do hate them because they seems to be the replacement for my Brawl main:popo:, but now I think they are a funny character to play with.

Last edited:

Shadow23

Smash Cadet
NNID
OmegaShadow23
3DS FC
1091-8017-0832
Oh boy where do i begin.
:4littlemac:Because everyone and their mothers use it and super armor is dumb.
:4link:Arrows, arrows, boomerangs, boomerangs, and even more arrows and boomerangs.
:4sonic:Repetitive and annoying.
:4duckhunt:Same thing as Link.
:4samus:Roll, Roll, Roll ,Charge Shot, Missile.
:4yoshi:Just annoying
:4lucario:Same as Samus only worse.
:4zss:Only if it's a ditto.

Last edited:

Shadow23

Smash Cadet
NNID
OmegaShadow23
3DS FC
1091-8017-0832
Oh boy where do i begin.
:4littlemac:Because everyone and their mothers use it and super armor is dumb.
:4link:Arrows, arrows, boomerangs, boomerangs, and even more arrows and boomerangs.
:4sonic:Repetitive and annoying.
:4duckhunt:Same thing as Link.
:4samus:Roll, Roll, Roll ,Charge Shot, Missile.
:4yoshi:Just annoying.
:4lucario:Same as Samus only worse.

Morbi

Scavenger
:4falco:: It annoys me that I never see him. Where is the love?
:4olimar:: I do not know the match-up and I do not really want to learn it either, it is mostly a game of patience to be honest.
:4rob:: I am horrible with item handling and the spin-top is probably the most annoying item in the game.

incrediblej

Smash Apprentice
:4link:i use him but I use boomerang and bomb only arrows when enemy is off the stage and no I do not spam I use bombs to go into jabs and boomerang to get the enemy in the air and use link to counter spammy links
:4lucario: I charge his sphere for later when im at 70+ force palm if I need some space and get people waiting at ledges for me haven't faced any bad ones not many horrible experiences
:4charizard:flare blitz annoying but I can still beat them
:4diddy:side b until it works and pop gun thinking its gonna work on me
:4jigglypuff:camps at the edge until and uses sleep and somehow lands me but when it doesn't I punish them so much its not even fun for me
:4metaknight:spams specials
:4megaman:saw blades and projectiles all over and i eventually get hit by sticky bomb
:4ness:pk fire grab throw
:4pacman:fire hydrant then fruits
:4littlemac:just annoying and no fun because the ones I find are campu or just use dash atks and wait for ko punch
:4kirby:brick then sword
:4robinm::4robinm:arc fire arc fine the x thunderball
:4samus:not called samus should be called spamus from now on
:4shulk:I use him but everyone I find does counter perfectly timed and backslosh
:4sonic:vroom (spin dash sounds)
:4tlink:my main but all boomerangs and arrows from other forcing me to camp in aditto match or spamus or anyone who is spamming
:4villager::4villagerf:tree planted loyd rocket until I approch use projectile up close sorry pocket then I get closer and sorry ttree I lose or abuse projectiles whole match
:4wario:wastes time and then waft knocks off stage sorry motorcycle or motorcycle on stage for days
:4yoshi:eggs while I approach and timed eggroll and just that super armor
:4zelda:side b for days
:4zss:up b and blaster
:4gaw:bacon
:4fox:blaster and camps while doing blaster
:4peach:floats and radishes
:4pikachu:thunderbolt and thunderjolt

and those are my problems with FG

RBreadsticks

Smash Apprentice
:4villager::4villagerf: These two. Every match I've had with a villager recently it feels like they're just trying to stall out to sudden death, just beat one with one second left on the clock felt good.

Top Bottom