• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What character annoys you the most on FG?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
:4ness:: "PK-FIRE!" "PK-FIRE!" *Down throw* *F-air* *F-air* *F-air*. The rest of the match consists of the Ness trying to back-throw me.
:4sonic:: Just about every Sonic player I fight only uses spin dash, dash attacks, and grabs.
:4link:: Arrows and boomerangs galore. My favorites are the ones that try to use the boomerang even when it's still out.
:4yoshi:: So quick, so strong, so hard to punish. If I'm not being hit with his d-air or neutral attacks, I'm being hit with eggs.

Although most :4megaman: are fun to fight against, I can't stand fighting against spammy :4megaman:. They usually consist of hitting you with lemons, then running to the side and spamming projectiles. Unlike Samus, Megaman is harder to punish this way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pikachu, whenever I see him I just think, well another painful experience for Pit.

Grabs Pit, Shock Shock Shock Shock Shock Shock Shock Shock Shock Shock, presses side, lays Pit on back, Electrocutes even more, spams tjolt and shocks pit even more, repeats until Pika feels pit has suffered enough and finished with thunder...

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
:4falcon:It's not the character, it's more the fact that everyone is playing him and it gets annoying to face him.
:4link:Because spam, but unlike other spammy characters, his melee attacks are strong, and the lag makes it harder to dodge them.
:4sonic:Because online for glory Sonic is just plain dumb in so many ways.
:4diddy:Because people have no idea what they're doing.

Last edited:

pixelatedcody

Pixelated Inkling
NNID
cncody
:4diddy:: HOO HAH! (he doesn't really bother me too much, I just wish I saw better Diddy's...)
:4sonic:: RUN, GRAB, BACK THROW, SPIN DASH, DASH ATTACK, that one combo with the spin dash. Repeat.
:4villager::4villagerf:: Bowling Ball, Gyro, Tree City!
:4link:: Spam City!
:4megaman:: Spam City!
:4myfriends:: Ike Fights for his friends

(honestly these aren't to be taken too seriously, It really depends on the player and how they play these characters.)

Lag Chan

Fastfall Nair Everyday
NNID
BlankaHondaShrek
:4link:Because spam, but unlike other spammy characters, his melee attacks are strong, and the lag makes it harder to dodge them.
Yeah, that's what irks me most. Link has ridiculous kill ability, most of his attacks have great range, good damage and great knockback, very easy to kill at early percents. The easy spam (Bows with the occasional boomerang) and the incredibly powerful moves are what make Link such a pain to fight, anyone can pick him up and get easy wins without trying.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, that's what irks me most. Link has ridiculous kill ability, most of his attacks have great range, good damage and great knockback, very easy to kill at early percents. The easy spam (Bows with the occasional boomerang) and the incredibly powerful moves are what make Link such a pain to fight, anyone can pick him up and get easy wins without trying.
Link can be easily dealt with by simply keeping your distance from him and attacking with projectiles, I basically never lose to Link now

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
Link can be easily dealt with by simply keeping your distance from him and attacking with projectiles, I basically never lose to Link now
That seems conterproductive, because you generally want to rush down characters who spam projectiles to pressure them. I guess it works if you play a campy character ditto, but that's not the way you want to go in most of the MUs.

Last edited:

Lag Chan

Fastfall Nair Everyday
NNID
BlankaHondaShrek
Yeah, from an outsider perspective Pit Vs Link seems definitely in Pit's favour, considering his projectile, reflector, super armour move and good mobility. For other characters....up hill struggle tends to fit the description.
For me personally, Dedede or Ike tends to do best, since they have some remote way of dealing with spam (Dedede can use inhale, Ike can use counter). Even then it's still a match up in Link's favour for me.

Mischiefs

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mischiefs
It's a tie between Ness, Link, and Little Mac.
All for obvious reasons, lol.

blue_flavored

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blueflavored
Haters gonna hate.....
Anyways, I find Sonic the most annoying. I'm not dogging on the players, I say play a character how you wanna play em. But I can't stand the character. He's stupid fast, can clear the stage in a second, hard to punish, and IMO he has too much priority for his speed. I don't have a problem winning against Sonics, but if I'm not playing Falcon or Pikachu, I tend to mostly counter attack. Just dodge and wait for openings. It drags the game out and it's just not fun.

Sendubbio

Smash Rookie
NNID
Flamjam
:4falcon:, mostly. Some are good. Most play the same and try too hard to be flashy & disrespectful and it gets a bit annoying.

Falco_Phantasm

Smash Rookie
NNID
DexNexRex
3DS FC
1006-0212-8425
Although I don't see it often on for glory, ganon spammers.
:4ganondorf:

RBreadsticks

Smash Apprentice
:4link: Now that I play Link, link spammers bother me. Mostly because everyone hates on link because of them. Good links are never going to be using boomerang and bow back to back over and over again. Bad Links also never use bombs which are probably Links best projectile because they're so versatile. I just hate that everyone associates link with arrow spam because he's actually a really fun and versatile character.

Fluorescent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NeoRashi
3DS FC
2122-7596-1415
ROB I HATE WITH A PASSION.

Sure there's those occasional Rosalina and Falcon matches I hate a lot but Rob, oh Rob is just a different level for me man.

:4rob: this guy here must have the one of the top aerial games in this Smash version. Like legit most of his aerials hit hard and have really good range and I have trouble hitting him on the ground when he has lasers ready every few seconds or he's using his spinning top, it's so damn surreal for me to even win against a good R.O.B.

It might be just me being bad but goddamn this guy is a monster.

Honorable Mention to :4peach: I hate her floaty Fair.

Last edited:
Top Bottom