• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What can we use crouch sliding for?

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
The new tech known as crouch sliding or super crawling is usable for every character that can crawl, The Diddy and Sheik boards have found great uses for their crouch slides and I'm wondering what we Luigi mains can use it for, what stages should we select and what crazy combos can we perform? Leave your thoughts below!

nyanturtwig

Smash Cadet
NNID
nyanturtwig
3DS FC
0490-4718-5860
Are there any videos of Luigi doing a crouch slide? Doing a quick search I really only found a video for Sheik and Diddy.

hey_there

Smash Journeyman
Luigi mains from Brawl have been doing this for years. It's a quirky trick that has situational uses. It's mainly to confuse your opponent's spacing for a second to get an advantage, and not really something to rely on. I use it sparingly. It's fun to do though!

EDIT:
Are there any videos of Luigi doing a crouch slide? Doing a quick search I really only found a video for Sheik and Diddy.
Here's a video clip of Luigi doing it in Brawl. Works the same in sm4sh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itIOklgilxs&feature=player_detailpage#t=256s

Last edited:

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
Luigi mains from Brawl have been doing this for years. It's a quirky trick that has situational uses. It's mainly to confuse your opponent's spacing for a second to get an advantage, and not really something to rely on. I use it sparingly. It's fun to do though!

EDIT:
Here's a video clip of Luigi doing it in Brawl. Works the same in sm4sh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itIOklgilxs&feature=player_detailpage#t=256s
Oh, okay, I'm gonna go on Lylat Cruise and see how far I can slide (I am a beast on that stage for whatever reason.) Thank you for the help! Whatever kind of use Luigi's slide has I'll take it.

Top Bottom