• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Can We Take From the Direct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackson

Smash Lord
Today's Direct was awesome, for sure. Unfortunately, unlike other characters, Sakurai didn't show us any changes to Marth. That leaves us to examine random gameplay footage from the video to learn what we can. So, guys, what did you notice about Marth in today's direct? Discuss below.

One thing I noticed is that Shield Breaker still provides a notable boost when used in the air, so it can once again be used to aid recovery.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
I think his range looked a bit shorter than Melee. I can't really tell if it's the same as Brawl, though.

Commander

Smash Ace
Its been know his range has been elongated from Brawl before his reveal even. There was a drawing of Smash characters that was leaked and Marth was shown with Falchion extending out of view. Also there was the daily pic of Arena Ferox which showed a side swing of Dancing Blade with considerable range.

Jackson

Smash Lord
Its been know his range has been elongated from Brawl before his reveal even. There was a drawing of Smash characters that was leaked and Marth was shown with Falchion extending out of view. Also there was the daily pic of Arena Ferox which showed a side swing of Dancing Blade with considerable range.
Right, good catch.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Any link to the drawing? I've never seen that before.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I think I saw it give a boost on the ground too.
That segment was shown when it was showcasing the 'customizable moves', so it looks like a customization option for Shieldbreaker might be to have a large lunge for the attack.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Oh that drawing. Yeah, that probably doesn't mean anything. It's only a drawing.

NameChange

Banned via Warnings
This could mean that Marth is relatively the same, just received tweaks here and there

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Just a personal observation, but it seems like Marth's FSmash has Brawl range(I could be wrong though. I didn't main Marth in Melee) but he seems to lean forward more than in Brawl, ala Melee(?)
For comparison:
Brawl FSmash.
Melee FSmash.

I could be wrong, though. :p

Jackson

Smash Lord
Just a personal observation, but it seems like Marth's FSmash has Brawl range(I could be wrong though. I didn't main Marth in Melee) but he seems to lean forward more than in Brawl, ala Melee(?)
For comparison:
Brawl FSmash.
Melee FSmash.

I could be wrong, though. :p
Hmm... Interesting. Thanks for the pictures, this could be important. Nice avatar by the way.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Like I said, though, this is ALL speculation. Commander could be right and he's regained his Melee range, etc. Regardless, it's safe to say Marth has changed very little gameplay-wise.

oh, and thanks. :3

Jackson

Smash Lord
Like I said, though, this is ALL speculation. Commander could be right and he's regained his Melee range, etc. Regardless, it's safe to say Marth has changed very little gameplay-wise.

oh, and thanks. :3
Yeah, I would agree. His moveset basically seems the same. It's probably gonna be the small differences in the moves which set him apart from previous iterations.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
It LOOKS like it has abit of cooldown, but it could be that the last frames are interruptible, so....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom