• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What can Little Mac do against Sheik?

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
Because it feels like whenever I go up against a Sheik, I'm just useless. Her needles really mess me up from afar, and her air game is too good for Mac. I tried using counter, but this Sheik would just use grab a lot instead and follow that up with air moves that send me way too far off the stage. I'm really not sure what to do.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Playing patient vs Shiek is a must. You are a stronger character grounded than she is. Your neutral b and side b can be decent approaches vs Shiek, but honestly my favorite strategy is to just wait right outside of needle range, or to jump over them as she throws them. Eventually the Shiek will come to you, and then you have the advantage. Her air game is almost a certain stock once you're off stage though, so take advantage of your immense armor and strength on stage. Your smashes beat literally anything she can throw at you and Mac can KO her very early as well.

Really it's a test of will against Shiek more than anything. They want you to get frustrated and come to them by the ledge, don't give them that satisfaction.

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
^ This

Described one of my matches against her exactly xD

I had a lot of troubles against her before, but i don't have them (so much) anymore.

With her getting close is one of the mayor troubles, and she wants us to get close to her because when she tries to get close to us she ends up loosing to ftilt. So when she tries to camp you with her needless on the edge one of the things you can do is walk a little to be like 3/4 stage away from her (close to the middle of the stage but not exatly there) and then do two rolls to her way, in this two rolls you'll end exactly in front of her, and then just after your roll animation ends you can follow with a dsmash. Be wary that your positioning from the start should be quite exact for her to not be able to run and grab you or run and attack you in time, max range of the dmash is important for her to be able to just receive the hit (good) or shield it (start pressuring this campy tactic at least, if she she shields it you should do it again to pressure her more or even hit her). And i think is really good because you get close to her really fast and it's really difficult between roll and roll for her to throw the needless at you because the window is to close , and she'll mostly fail. And even if she throws it just when you're in front of her and you do the dsmash on time you'll it the needless continue with the dmash and do more damage to her.

Her dash attack and grab are dangerous because they lead to some nasty follow ups, but you can easily outrange her approaches with ftilt.

When you send her upwards and she gets exactly above you is because she wants to dair you, you can counter this with your usmash but the timing is a little hard, if you want a safer/easier way to counter this you can just shield/spot-dodge and then dmash her for punish.

If you see her throwing her bomb at you in the stage, now is your time to go in! That bomb is quite laggy and you can easily run pass it and punish her with usmash if you dash in time.

Also you shouldn't underestimate counter against her, sometimes can come pretty handy to get out of her strings or even get out of her jab finisher if the window is open enough. And when is "her time" to rush you down the attacks can be easily telegraphed.

And if you can see the needless coming (and you think you're in safe distance from the edge) then side b can be a good punish too.

I still think she's hard though because of her excellent gimp abilities and combos, but i just two stocked a good sheik two times because she was doing the campy edge tactic the howl battle, and whenever she tried to go in i won with ftilt if grounded, and if it was aerial won with either umash, up angled fmash or shield/spot-dodge to dmash.

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
Try to go for a dual exchange. Since you hit hard, like in boxing, it will come down to spirit and of course you got spirit (super) armor, you will do more damage as it comes to dual exchanges.

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
Actually, I have another question. What can Little Mac do against Ness? Because a really good one completely obliterates Mac.

Last edited:
Top Bottom