• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Brawler sets are best against Diddy and Sonic?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
2122. Thats just the optimal loadout and theres no special loadout that you should use otherwise against those two characters.

Ian Viola

Smash Cadet
NNID
whyudodat
3DS FC
1332-7715-2240
2122. Thats just the optimal loadout and theres no special loadout that you should use otherwise against those two characters.
Min Ht/Wt?
Also, could I hypothetically sub the neutral B for shotput? I find that it has more utility personally.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Min Ht/Wt?
Also, could I hypothetically sub the neutral B for shotput? I find that it has more utility personally.
Default Size

Also, putting on shotput would spell death easily for you. Both of those characters are too fast and would punish you for using such a slow move.

Here, watch 2122 Brawler vs Sonic at its finest, you'll see Ultimate Uppercuts Ultilty

Ian Viola

Smash Cadet
NNID
whyudodat
3DS FC
1332-7715-2240
Okay, so I get the moves, but why default size? It looks like a net negative, with Brawler having less recovery and speed (and as far as I know, combos,) so why would that be preferential?

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Default has slightly better range, a longer feint jump, and is slightly heavier.

Ian Viola

Smash Cadet
NNID
whyudodat
3DS FC
1332-7715-2240
Okay, I practiced the new setup from 4 to midnight. I think I'm ready to go to the next tourney with it now.
Thanks to Jigglymaster Jigglymaster and GS3K GS3K .

Last edited:

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
I believe that tournament required default size. Small and skinny is generally better because of increased mobility and less move endlag=more guaranteed combos

Shakyy

Addicted to Ice.
NNID
Shakyy
2122 is pretty much optimal in every MU, though Helicopter kick could be traded out in certain MU's for easy cheese kills against the likes of Puff and Kirby.

Top Bottom