• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What areas to master and focus first?

ElDusteh

???
3DS FC
0877-0949-4618
Hey, I'm just now getting into Project M without much experience in the previous games, and I've decided I'd like to invest a lot of time into Sheik.

I was wondering what areas I should focus on and master first though.

I've read through a lot of posts on here, and I got a good idea of the character and her strengths/weaknesses. But if you were to meet someone who just picked up the controller for the first time and picked Sheik then looked at you and said, "What do I do?" What would you tell them to learn and master first?

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Hey, I'm just now getting into Project M without much experience in the previous games, and I've decided I'd like to invest a lot of time into Sheik.

I was wondering what areas I should focus on and master first though.

I've read through a lot of posts on here, and I got a good idea of the character and her strengths/weaknesses. But if you were to meet someone who just picked up the controller for the first time and picked Sheik then looked at you and said, "What do I do?" What would you tell them to learn and master first?
It really depends, as Sheik's just a really easy character as a whole so there's not much useful stuff that you can't just learn going in. I suppose the most important thing is general ground game, so keeping your spacing and punishing.
wavedash back > react
Like that. Obviously there's more too it, but that's the general idea.

Some super easy stuff that you can learn by doing it once in training mode or even in a match:

Walk off > fair gimp
SH needle off edge gimp
Dsmash at edge ledge guard
Ledge drop > DJ > Bair edgeguard
Ftilt > Fair kill
Dthrow > Fair kill

That's all the super free awesome stuff I can think of. There's other stuff that's still damned easy but maybe not quite as free would be things like

Dthrow chain grab mix ups (used to be free derp chain grab in melee, but now it's a DI dependant mix up between Dthrow and Bthrow)
Tech chase mix ups, for when the above fails or you land a DA on fast fallers.
DA Sheild pressure (Character dependent and requires good spacing to not be easily punishable)
Basic jab/tilt combos into grabs (Ftilt, Dtilt, Utilt, it's all fairly easy and mix-upable.)

I'm actually releatively new to Sheik myself, so anyone feel free to add to these lists.

Last edited:
Top Bottom