• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your top 10 best video games?

Aurablade

Smash Cadet
10) The Legend of Zelda : Skyward Sword (Yeah I know.)
9) The Legend of Zelda : The Wind Waker
8) Super Smash Bros. Brawl. But only with Project M, because Lucario, it would be Melee otherwise.
7) Pokemon Mystery Dungeon : Explorers of Sky (Best Spin-Off imo)
6) Spyro The Dragon because nostalgia.
5) Pokémon Yellow. I loved to be followed by my Pikachu and the fact that it was one of my first games did a lot.
4) Final Fantasy VI. The best of the series, and DANCING MAD

Now, the big 3. Seriously I will put my soul into defending them.

3) Metal Gear Solid 3, the Subsistence version for the bonuses and the camera.
2) Persona 4 : The Golden. It became my favourite game when i discovered it, but then I discovered...
1) Xenoblade Chronicles. The only thing I can say about it is "Play it" because it's so BEAUTIFUL. AND THE MUSIC.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Here are my top 10:

10) Jade Empire - Although I really liked the Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2, this game further upped the ante with an amazing gameplay set in old China. The martial arts along with the controllable combat (unlike the dice roll system of KoToR) makes this game amazing. Have played it atleast 5-6 times. It doesn't have the Star Wars vibe that I love but the gameplay and story makes up for it.

9)Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 - These games were amazing shooting games based on the Star Wars universe with an amazing gameplay as well as awesome co-op as well as multiplayer elements. Have spent hours playing this with friends and family alike. Just fearful whether EA will do these games justice or not with the 3rd part.

8)Advance Wars 1 and 2 - Similar to FE games these games are amazing turn based strategy games. Plus lack of permadeath and producing army units gives a unique property management twist to this game which FE does not have. Sadly Intelligent Systems yet has to release another game after Days of Ruin which was also an awesome game!

7)The World Ends with You - An amazing game from Square Enix which is quite not at its great game making stage, this game puts rest to those worries, temporarily atleast. With an amazing storyline with twists and turns, as well as the dual screen gameplay (controlling both at once? Oh yeah!) this game also has likeable characters and a unique RPG. Plus Joshua!

6)Starcraft 2 - I have not played Starcraft 1 or Starcraft: Brood War, but I have played both parts of this game and I loved em both. They were some of the best RTS games I have played so far, eclipsing my love for Warcraft 3 or the Age of Empires series. The storyline was great so was the gameplay. As a bonus, the graphics were good as well.

5) Metroid Fusion - The first Metroid game I played, I loved this game a lot. Having played it multiple times (as meant to be) finding new things everytime, the game is really fun. Although I also really liked Zero Mission as well, this game holds more nostalgic value to me and has great gameplay and is an awesome 2D platformer shooter!

4)SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked - This game has been my first 3DS game plus I have played the original DS version to death and can say that this ranks in my top 10. I have liked this more than the main SMT series plus the second Devil Survivor game. The upbeat style, characters, full voice acting as well as the mix of Fire Emblem and SMT gameplay makes this game a must have.

3)Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - An amazing game! I am a huge fan of the FE series and the Tellius games hold a special place in my heart. This is my favourite Fire Emblem game and my 3rd favourite game of all time. I really loved the storyline as well as the different skill mechanics. Plus the main character was much better than other FE games and this game had some of my favourite characters.

2)Chrono Trigger - another RPG, this game is a marvel. If I did not love the Golden Sun series that much, this probably would have taken the cake as the best game for me, EVER. Really love the time travelling elements as well as the way the fights and storyline is handled. The techs and everything make this another gem. Once on SNES, the upgraded version is also on DS. I played both :D

1) Golden Sun 1 and 2 (If I listed em individually won't have enough space plus it was meant to be 1 game)

These games are epic and really enjoyable. I love the RPG along with some elements of Pokemon and tons of problem solving. Also the adjustable classes along with the story and likeable characters make these 2 games absolute gems to play! I was absolutely hooked to this game and can't wait for the 4th game to come out. Sadly the 3rd game wasn't good enough to make it to this list but good nonetheless. I am a huge fan and also can't wait to see Isaac in Smash 4!

You can see that I love my RPGs :D Especially Japanese ones. And I have a soft spot for Nintendo games, more of which could have been included if I had top 20. Sorry for the long post, but I love adding images to my posts!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Majora's Mask
Portal
Portal 2
Super Smash Bros.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls
The Last of Us
Gravity Rush
Shadow of the Colossus

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Let's see... In order:
  1. Super Smash Bros Series (Brawl > Melee >P:M, SSB64; And yes, I can feel the incoming hate already)
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Touhou Series
  4. Metroid: Prime Series (1 & 2 > 3)
  5. Sonic Generations (and Unleashed Mod)

Last 5, out of order:
  • Metroid: Fusion/Zero Mission
  • Muramasa: The Demon Blade
  • Pokemon Series
  • The Legend of Zelda Series' 3D Entries (Wind Waker > Skyward Sword > Everything else)
  • Sonic Adventure 2 (Sonic & Shadow stages only)
Honorable mentions to Portal, Shadow of the Colossus, Star Wars: Battlefront, and more.

chanchimi

Smash Rookie
1. Super Smash Bros (All of them!)
2. Digimon World 1
3. Pokemon Blue (Nostalgia of course! But I love every Pokemon game)
4. Dragon Warrior Monsters
5. Yoshi's Story
6. Mirror's Edge
7. Rampage World Tour
8. SD Gundam G Generation World
9. Persona 2
10. Monster Rancher series (can't pick just one!)
(shout-out to Megaman Starforce and Battle Network!)
Very difficult to make that list, I could have gone on and on!

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
10. Kid Icarus: Uprising
9. Pokemon Platinum
8. TF2
7. Pikmin 2
6. Mother 3
5. L.A. Noire
4. Wario Land 4
3. Super Smash Brothers Melee
2. Earthbound
1. Metroid Prime

In no particular order:
1. Metal Gear Solid 2
2. Shadow of the Colossus
3. We Love Katamari
4. Fallout 2
5. Super Metroid
6. A Link to the Past
7. Demon's Souls
8. Star Fox 64
9. Shin Megami Tensei 3
10. Mother 2
I'm not much of a fan of top 10 lists, though. Too many good games out there to just give 10 a spotlight.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
In no order at all and one per franchise otherwise Halo and Metal Gear would dominate the list.

- Metroid Prime
- Metal Gear Solid 3
- Halo 2
- Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn/Awakening
- Earthbound
- Final Fantasy VI
- Wonderful 101
- Xenoblade Chronicles
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of the Sky
- Team Fortress 2

Honourable mentions to:
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Borderlands 2
Pikmin 3
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

Twewy

Smash Lord
10. Star Fox 64
9. Mother 3
8. Deus Ex
7. Dark Souls
6. Cave Story
5. Dead Rising
4. Team Fortress 2
3. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
1. The World Ends with You
After thinking about what games I enjoy, I decided to look back on my top 10 and rethink which ten video games I would place as my "favorite":

10. Super Smash Bros. Melee
9. Dark Souls II
8. Mother 3
7. Dead Rising
6. God Hand
5. Cave Story
4. Team Fortress 2
3. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
1. The World Ends with You

If I had to choose 10 games, by developer?...

10. From Software: Dark Souls II (To be honest though, I've only played the Souls series. I will look into their other series soon.)
9. Eidos Software: Deus Ex
8. Clover Studios: God Hand
7. Insomniac Games: Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal (or 3 for you European friends.)
6. Team ICO: Shadow of the Colossus
5. Studio Pixel: Cave Story
4. Valve Software: Team Fortress 2
3. Kojima Productions: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
2. Nintendo EAD: Super Mario Galaxy 2
1. Square Enix/Jupiter: The World Ends with You

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
My favorites:
1. Super Mario 64
2. Sonic Adventure
3. The Sims 2
4. Resident Evil 5
5. Mass Effect trilogy
6. Animal Crossing
7. Super Smash Bros. Melee
8. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
After that it gets hazier. The last three could be Super Mario 3D Land, Sonic Adventure 2, The Sims 3 for the sake of it though,

Roundabout

Smash Rookie
1. Metal Gear Solid 2
2. Metal Gear Solid
3. Metal Gear Solid 3
4. Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
5. Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
6. Cave Story
7. Kirby: Squeak Squad
8. Super Mario 64
9. Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
10. Smash 64

StatusC

Smash Rookie
10. Touhou 6: Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil (PC) - A very fun Danmaku SHMUP, I really enjoy the music, characters and difficulty of the game.
9. Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies (PS3/Xbox360) - Co-op Zombies is something that my (Non-Nintendo Fan) cousins and I can really get into and have fun with, we even take it a little too seriously at times.
8. Pokemon: Soulsilver (Nintendo DS) - I love the atmosphere of this game so much! A very solid remake that I've sunk more than 200 hours into. The routes are welcoming and the battles are intense.
7. Rome: Total War (PC) - My favorite real time strategy game ever. Released in 2004 and it still has a thriving online community.
6. Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES) - I have no idea why, but I love this game. In my opinion it is highly underrated and deserves more than it gets. I also like the idea of character selection in an old-school platformer.
5. Metroid Prime (GCN) - Amazing game. A+, Five Stars......Four Stars. (Jon reference) :)
4. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) - Honestly, what hasn't been said about this game. Next.
3. Super Mario 64 (N64) - Like Pokemon, this game has an amazing atmosphere that I love so much. It ranks so highly because I played it so much as a little kid.
2. Sonic Advance 3 (GBA) - YES, SA3 is one of the best 2D platformers ever IMO. The stages are well designed, the music is superb, and the entire experience is wrapped up very nicely in one GBA cartridge.
1. Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN) - Big surprise here. There is no telling how many hours I have on this game. It is so good, me and my group of friends have a night every other weekend called "Smash Night" designated to playing this game. To me, it is the best game ever made so far.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
1. Metal Gear Solid 2
2. Metal Gear Solid
3. Metal Gear Solid 3
4. Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
5. Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
6. Cave Story
7. Kirby: Squeak Squad
8. Super Mario 64
9. Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
10. Smash 64
That is a lot of Metal Gear :p I haven't played too many Metal Gears but I just loved Revengeance :) Gotta love that action game, man Platinum makes good stuff.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
This really dives down deep. Let me think.

10. Pokémon Stadium 1 & 2 (N64)
-Although I never got any special strategy's down, this game has always brought me, friends, and family together. The series is very nostalgic for me in general from the show and games, and I still haven't grew out of it. Pokemon became a unhealthy habit haha.

9. The Sims series (PC)
-So many hours have I put into this gaming building and playing. It began my love (and OCD) for architecture and interior design. Lots of funny memories have been made playing around with the little people!

8. Roller Coaster Tycoon series (PC)
-This was one of the first games I made memories with. I have built more rides and parks than I can remember, and began my passion to one day "own or build an amusement park". Im not kidding either, my Senior Project in High School was based off Roller Coasters because of this game!

7. Age of Empires 2 (PC)
-If theres a game I know a lot about, it has to be the strategy treasure that is AOE2. The nostalgia factor on this is crazy high, and once you dive into it, it really grows on you.

6. Command & Conquer series (PC)
-The lore of this series is something I know in my heart, and ive played the crap out of every title they pump out. I have friends from around the world by playing the games, especially with mods and even more so in C&C Renegade.

5. Disney Infinity (Wii U version)
-This game really brings together my love for Disney, toys, and my passion to create. Im actually a official "Toy Box Artist" in this community, and was an attendee of my first ever gaming convention, the "Toy Box Summit". What a blessing, this is why I love Disney so much.

4. Mario Kart series (multi)
-The thrill of this game still holds up in every title, and I have not even been let down by one. This game is the sole reason I even know some people. Its always fun, alone or together.

3. Super Smash Bros series (multi)
-Memories are made playing with other people having a blast. Some of my best gaming memories come from sitting around the couch and playing endless Smash Bros with friends and families. Sure, you might hate them when they kick your butt, but it brings you closer together.

2. Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii)
-The series is beautiful mix of gameplay, story, art, and music. Everything about it leaves me in awe, and I find myself looking it up all the time. Nostalgic and still holds up to today.

1. Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES)
-"My favorite game ever" will probably always change based on who im talking to, but im my heart, the perfection that is DKC2 will always hold a valuable place in my heart. Its nostalgia factor is beyond compare. I have so many songs, stages, and in-game content memorized by heart. <3

Honorable mentions:
Gauntlet: Legends (N64)
SimCity (SNES)
Donkey Kong 64 (N64)
Diddy Kong Racing (N64)
Hydro Thunder (N64)
Zeus: Master of Olympus (PC)
Age of Mythology (PC)
Simpsons: Hit & Run! (Gamecube)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Aaaaaalrighty then...

10. Dragon quest - journey of the cursed king. Jus... everything was awesome in this cell-shaded jrpg glory of a game.

9. Final Fantasy 7 + 10. One overrated and one underrated. I loved both.

8. Dragon Age: Origins. Because being a Spellsword is overpowered as hell.

7. UMvC3. I just do.

6. Shadow Hearts: Covenant. Witty, atmospheric and actually difficult sometimes... or I just sucked at it, iunno.

5. Hogs of War. Don't know why? Go play it.

4. Lost Odyssey. A culmination of blue dragon, final fantasy and mistwalker, with shadowheartsy music and feel. Yes.

3. Fallout 3/New Vegas. 'cause they are the same game. :D

2. Resident evil 4. You know why.

1. Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped. Noooostalgia!

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Loving everyone's lists and the abundance of JRPG's! I haven't played nearly as many games as most people have because of my anal tendencies and having to aim for 100% completion with every game I play, but here I go.

1. Tales of Symphonia- The story, the characters, the battle system, the graphical style. The first game I ever played of it's kind and my first entry into a series that will forever be a part of my life. Over 30 playthroughs.

2. Super Smash Bros. Melee- Greatest game to date and forever more. Will probably become a daily part of every beings life in years to come and will bring about multi-universal peace.

3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time- My second Zelda game after playing Link's Awakening as a child. This game had it all; graphics, gameplay, story, puzzles, atmosphere. It could captivate any child.

4. Golden Sun- My first JRPG and turn-based experience. The music was incredible.

5. Golden Sun: The Lost Age- A continuation of the above.

6. Tales of Graces- The complexity of this battle system kept me enthralled for 600 hours. The best battle-system and levelling up mechanics in the series. It was packed full of content perfect for a completionist; such as the title system, collector's book, dualizing, and more.

7. Star Fox Adventures- Another GameCube gem (pretty much every game on the console was). It was and still is the only Star Fox game I have played, but the graphics, music, gameplay and puzzles had me going. I LOVE games with puzzles.

8. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons- The best handheld Zelda game in my opinion.

9. I-Ninja- Just an action game that was ****ing badass and wasn't trying to be anything other than itself.

10. RuneScape- Gamers crack. **** that piece of ****. The game is ruined but it has affected me for the rest of my life and had to be put on this list.

The Tales series is my favourite of all time, but some games are just too good.

Other noteworthy games: Dragon Age: Origins, Halo 4 (I don't play shooter but the Halo games are so fun to play with friends), Mario Kart Double Dash, Donkey Kong 64, any Donkey Kong Country, any GameBoy, GameBoy Colour and GameBoy Advance Mario game, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Loving everyone's lists and the abundance of JRPG's! I haven't played nearly as many games as most people have because of my anal tendencies and having to aim for 100% completion with every game I play, but here I go.

1. Tales of Symphonia- The story, the characters, the battle system, the graphical style. The first game I ever played of it's kind and my first entry into a series that will forever be a part of my life. Over 30 playthroughs.

2. Super Smash Bros. Melee- Greatest game to date and forever more. Will probably become a daily part of every beings life in years to come and will bring about multi-universal peace.

3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time- My second Zelda game after playing Link's Awakening as a child. This game had it all; graphics, gameplay, story, puzzles, atmosphere. It could captivate any child.

4. Golden Sun- My first JRPG and turn-based experience. The music was incredible.

5. Golden Sun: The Lost Age- A continuation of the above.

6. Tales of Graces- The complexity of this battle system kept me enthralled for 600 hours. The best battle-system and levelling up mechanics in the series. It was packed full of content perfect for a completionist; such as the title system, collector's book, dualizing, and more.

7. Star Fox Adventures- Another GameCube gem (pretty much every game on the console was). It was and still is the only Star Fox game I have played, but the graphics, music, gameplay and puzzles had me going. I LOVE games with puzzles.

8. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons- The best handheld Zelda game in my opinion.

9. I-Ninja- Just an action game that was ****ing badass and wasn't trying to be anything other than itself.

10. RuneScape- Gamers crack. **** that piece of ****. The game is ruined but it has affected me for the rest of my life and had to be put on this list.

The Tales series is my favourite of all time, but some games are just too good.

Other noteworthy games: Dragon Age: Origins, Halo 4 (I don't play shooter but the Halo games are so fun to play with friends), Mario Kart Double Dash, Donkey Kong 64, any Donkey Kong Country, any GameBoy, GameBoy Colour and GameBoy Advance Mario game, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch.
Yay Golden Sun is on the list!! :p

I didn't include Runescape although there were many times I was addicted to it, and sometimes kept coming back long after I had quit. I don't even know how old my account is anymore......

Still have to play some of the "Tales of.." Games though. Rest were good choices!

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Yay Golden Sun is on the list!! :p

I didn't include Runescape although there were many times I was addicted to it, and sometimes kept coming back long after I had quit. I don't even know how old my account is anymore......

Still have to play some of the "Tales of.." Games though. Rest were good choices!
Of course! Golden Sun and The Lost Age are REALLY good. I assume you agree judging by your avatar? :p

What's your opinion on Dark Dawn?

DAVEYHAVOK

Smash Rookie
10.- Battlefield 3
9.- Dissidia 012
8.- Kingdom Hearts 1
7.- Melee
6.- Devil May Cry 3
5.- Resident Evil 4
4.-Kingdom Hearts 2
3.- Kid Icarus Uprising
2.- Final Fantasy 7
1.- Fire Emblem Awakening

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Of course! Golden Sun and The Lost Age are REALLY good. I assume you agree judging by your avatar? :p

What's your opinion on Dark Dawn?
Yea Golden Sun 1 and 2 are top 1 and 2 on my list :p

Dark Dawn was still addicting like the original games and was pretty good but it paled a lot in comparison. There was too much hand holding in the start, points of no return, storyline loopholes, plotholes AND I wanted the original warriors to be playable, not their kids.

It is a good game but it won't make my top 10 list. Golden Sun 1 and 2 are at the top definitely, not Dark Dawn sadly. I hope Camelot makes a GS4 with the older characters and resolves the storyline they messed up. They didn't solve any of the mysteries of GS2 and added more mysteries of their own.

I am also supporting Isaac on the Isaac for SSB4 thread. It will really give the series the exposure it needs being classic GBA games they were plus it will add my favourite adept to the roster.

andsushi

Smash Rookie
Smash Bros Melee
Ocarina Of Time
Smash Bros Project M
Majora's Mask
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy Tactics
Portal
Kingdom Hearts
Legend of Dragoon

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
Oh, what the hell, I'll share mine!

10. Rocksmith 2014 (360)
9. Guitar Hero II (PS2)
8. Dark Souls (360)
7. Mega Man 2 (NES)
6. Super Smash Bros. Melee (GC)
5. Team Fortress 2 (PC)
4. Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
3. Final Fantasy IX (PS)
2. Kirby Super Star (SNES)
1. Super Mario RPG: Legends of the Seven Stars (SNES)

Last edited:

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
10. Mega Man Zero 2
9. Mega Man X
8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
7. Metriod Fusion
6. The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
5. Super Smash Bros. Melee
4. Kingdom Hearts
3. Tales of Symphonia
2. Golden Sun 1 and 2
1.The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
10) Castle Crashers

9) Donkey Kong Country (Great game, but in top ten for music, mainly)

8) Banjo Kazooie

7) Mass Effect 3

6) Fire Emblem Awakening (This may be temporary, I only played it for the first time back in like May but I'm on my fifth playthrough and still love it a lot)

5) Super Smash Bros Brawl/Project M

4) Super Mario 64

3) Hitman Blood Money

2) Psychonauts

1) Mass Effect 2

Judge me if you must. But oh my leg I love these games.

2008-me would probably be scandalized for not having a single Pokemon game in this. HGSS would probably be in my top 15.

I'm really hoping SSB4 makes this list. It is very promising and I am thoroughly enjoying the demo. But the cuts.... Hurt me.

SmellTheJava

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0834-0767-5817
Garou Mark of the Wolves: Loved the game at first sight, maybe it was the reason why I started playing fighters.

Melty Blood: Nasuverse/Tsukihime hype, good mechanics and good community
Final Fantasy Tactics: One of the best games I ever played, the mechanics, characters, the world, the inner conflict, the feeling of the game. Ivalice was beatiful from the start to the end

Ocarina of Time: One of my favorite games ever, can't say anything you guys don't know, most of us understand what this game is for the kids that grew up in the 90's

Team Fortress 2: Fun game, great community and it gave back a lot of cash, what else can I ask for?

Metal Gear Solid: Damn it kojima, I hate you.

G senjou no maou: Wow, that ending.

Muv Luv alternative: It made me hate myself so much, hate the world and everything I know. But even so the experience was mind blowing.

Guilty Gear Series: Man, May is so much fun, she and Slayer are everything I'll ever need.

SF series: What can I say about a series of games that have been with me my whole life? Love most of them.

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
As stated before, my fav game will always be Chrono Trigger, but I wanted to know what some of y'all's favorite games are.

Da_Silver98

Smash Rookie
NNID
leafsfan98
3DS FC
3437-3194-6404
10. The Last of Us
9. Yoshi's Island
8. Super Mario World
7. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
6. Bioshock
5. Banjo Kazooie
4. Portal 2
3. Chrono Trigger
2. Ocarina of Time
1. Shadow of the Colossus

Last edited:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
1. Super Smash Brothers Melee- Favorite game of all time. Most time clocked in by a significant amount. Melee forever.

2. Animal Crossing
- The original for the GC is my favorite. Really nostalgic for me. Lots of time clocked in.

3. Super Metroid
- Really liked the ambiance of this game and was a big sci-fi/space lover growing up.

4. Resident Evil 4
- Love zombies. Favorite game of that genre.

5. Donkey Kong Country
- My favorite video game music and the first video game I ever owned and played.

SSS

Smash Ace
1. Melee - game is godlike
2. Portal - speedrunning tho
3. Kingdom Hearts - first real game, love it to death, 100% multiple times, i know everything about these games
4. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - game since childhood, i now have a perfectly optimized clan, game is broken loooool
5. Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages - I know this is an unpopular pick for Zelda, but it's a nostalgia thing
6. Red Dead Redemption - this game is just SO GOOD
7. Minecraft - that creativity tho
8. Super Mario Bros. Advance 2 - childhood game, I 100% that shizz
9. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Ghirahim <3
10. Melee - game is godlike THO

edited with reasons

Last edited:

Chompjil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chompjil
3DS FC
0387-8858-0021
Not in any particular order
Half Life
Super Mario World
SSBM (as of October 16,2014, Smash WiiU is going to trumph it when for me)
Pokemon BW2
XenoBlade Chronicles
Paper Mario:TYD
Super Metroid
Banjo-Kazooie
Megaman X

plasterbrain

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2766-8372-1941
No particular order:

The World Ends With You
Irisu Syndrome!
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Twilight Princess
Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door
9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
Pokemon Diamond
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

PACT_hacker

Smash Rookie
In no particular order:

NIER
Xenogears / Xenoblade
Bayonetta
Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition
SSX 3
Super Smash Bros. Melee
The Legend of Zelda: OoT / MM / TP ( Love 'em all equally )
Super Metroid ( Haven't played the Prime games yet )
Klonoa 2: Lunetea's Veil

Honorable mentions: Drakengard, Timesplitters 2, The Darkness, NBA Street v3, Vagrant Story and many more...

FinalArcadia

Smash Cadet
NNID
FinalArcadia
1) Skies of Arcadia: Legends

After that beautiful game, I've got no particular order:

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Paper Mario
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (original and especially the HD version)
Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Pokemon HeartGold Version (man, it is a tough call between this and Crystal)
Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII -

Games that are close: Harvest Moon: Animal Parade, Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky, Paper Mario TTYD, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Devil May Cry 4, the list goes on and on...

VileFC3S

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KookiDowgRX-7
1) Initial D Arcade Stage 3
I spent around almost $2k playing this game. I don't regret it at all since it introduced to me to my dream car. The Mazda RX-7 FC3S.

2) Gran Turismo 5
I'll admit, yes it is the Brawl of the GT franchise but this was what got me into the whole simulation racing and motorsports really.

3) Melee
It introduced me to playing fighting games. My gaming life was changed forever...

4) Playstation Allstars
Yeah I know that this was a horrid game of what they call compared to Smash but it sparked my interest in learning character matchups and being a better player.

5) Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time
Other than Ratchet's adorable fluffy ears, best game of the entire series in my opinion and where getting all of the trophies didn't feel like a chore to me.

6) Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost
I'm a huge fan of the Gundam franchise. It's a 2v2 oriented fighting game instead of the typical 1v1. It's a REALLY popular arcade fighting game in Japan, being the Smash Bros of Gundam. If you want a Gundam game with every series in the franchise from every universe? You got it.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
1. Final Fantasy VII
2. Dark Cloud 2
3. Super Mario Bros. 3
4. Chrono Trigger
5. Mega Man 2
6. The World Ends With You
7. Pokemon Gold/Silver
8. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
9. Touhou Koumakyou: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
10. Final Fantasy Tactics

A lot of honorable mentions but I'll say my top 5 honorable mentions are Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Smash Bros. Brawl (and by extension, Project M), Pokemon Black/White, Kingdom Hearts II, and Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal. I will probably be putting Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS somewhere once I've played more of it, and after the Wii U version is out. Mario Kart 8 is also looking good especially with the upcoming DLC, it's already surpassed Mario Kart Wii as my favorite Mario Kart, and that's somewhere in the lower end of my top 20 when I last updated my list.

Top Bottom