• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your favorite Roy alternate colors?

What are your favorite Roy alternate colors?

• Total voters

Troykv

Smash Master
I prefer use the default... But... I love all the colors... All are based in a Binding Blade... I just... I love it.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398

Eliwood's (closely resembled) alt. Have to continue the legacy.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Gold Roy or as I like to call him, Gloy.

ShadowSlashX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowSlash17
3DS FC
0216-0883-7959
I stick with the default blue, and I like the way it gets darker in an online mirror match when someone uses the same color. I also use the black one maybe 40% of the time.

Kvar

Smash Rookie
NNID
ArashiYamada
I love #3. (The one to the right of the green one.) It's just that perfect shade of red that makes it look so amazing with the red hair and cape.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Anyone know where I can get an HQ version of the purple one?
The Imgur album I linked on the first post has all the links to the HD versions the leak gave us. I put them in an album like that since they were pretty large. Those don't show his entire body, though.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Most of them are really ****ing good. I can't decide between dark purple, pink, gold, or black.

Dislike green and red though.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
The Imgur album I linked on the first post has all the links to the HD versions the leak gave us. I put them in an album like that since they were pretty large. Those don't show his entire body, though.
Aaaaand now I feel like an idiot.

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
#3 (violet) is the best, but I like them all except for #0 and #4 (the blue ones.) I regularly use #1 (red) and #2 (green). I've used #7 (the gold one) a couple times. The other two (pink and dark purple) are cool but just outclassed by the the other purple option.
This gets really weird when you remember Roy is 16.
Eh. Japanese video games and anime are often weird about ages like that. Sometimes they have 13 year olds who are clearly adults, and sometimes they have people in their mid-twenties who look like pre-teens. I'm not sure why.

You should add a voting poll to this.
Agreed. Odd that there isn't one.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Aaaaand now I feel like an idiot.
Lol it's all good. It is kinda obscured.

I will add a poll in a second. I didn't want to at first because I am not a FE player and don't know the proper names but I am just gonna go by what the Smash Miiverse site calls them.

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/characters/roy

Edit: Wait I don't know how to add a poll. Is it too late?

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Eh. Japanese video games and anime are often weird about ages like that. Sometimes they have 13 year olds who are clearly adults, and sometimes they have people in their mid-twenties who look like pre-teens. I'm not sure why.
That doesn't make it any less weird. Roy definitely looks and sounds 16, but goddamn he looks good, and I don't care if that sounds homo.

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
Lol it's all good. It is kinda obscured.

I will add a poll in a second. I didn't want to at first because I am not a FE player and don't know the proper names but I am just gonna go by what the Smash Miiverse site calls them.

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/characters/roy

Edit: Wait I don't know how to add a poll. Is it too late?
Say 'dark purple' isntead of 'black.' And 'gold' instead of yellow. Just for the sake of accuracy. Also, I think you can add a poll by editing the first post? But maybe not. I'm not sure. There's a way to do it though, I think.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Say 'dark purple' isntead of 'black.' And 'gold' instead of yellow. Just for the sake of accuracy. Also, I think you can add a poll by editing the first post? But maybe not. I'm not sure. There's a way to do it though, I think.
Okay, sounds better yeah. I can't find it there though. :(

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
The yellow one was my favorite when I was little in Melee, and remains my favorite now. There's something so majestic about golden Roy, especially now

D

Deleted member

I really like the light purple/pink one the most.
My other favorites are the blue, dark purple/black, and default.

Nelkoy

Smash Cadet
The Violet costume is my favorite (the one of my avatar). Then I would say that Pink or Black.

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy
Pink is the best imo, that royal purple shirt is the heat.

iNSANE

Smash Rookie
NNID
iNSANEwOw
Like the Red and Purple ones the most so 1 and 5. Gold is also ok.

Last edited:

FullOfGore

Smash Rookie
NNID
Scardonian
Purple/Black costume is amazing, but Roy is one of the few characters where I can say I really like them all.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Roy's colour/skin/costume tier list:

S+: Gold
S: Pink, Dark Purple
A: Black
B: Green
C: Red
D: Default, Eliwood skin

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
As cool as his colors are, I wish he had something but 50 Shades of Purple Kappa.

I like the blue one the most, partly because it's the one I used in PM and Melee

Meta_X

Smash Apprentice
His red costume is in my opinion the best costume in the game. At least... it would be if the INSIDE OF THE CAPE WASNT SOME DISGUSTING GREEN WEIRDNESS. Seriously. I can't begin to say how angry it makes me. A beautiful awesome red and gold costume, and all it needed was plain black or orange or anything on the inside of cape, and they chose that color. Ugh....
And I'm not a big fan of the weird white disco bell-bottoms either.

My second favorite costume is his gold one, since it's glorious, and is not so flawed like the one I was just ranting about. Before this one I liked Marth's gold costume, but that thing is uglysauce next to this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom