• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are you curently listening to?

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
I don't think I posted any examples on my two favorite musicians, so I'll do it now.

I honestly believe Hirasawa-san is a terribly underrated artist, and deserves more attention.

C418 is well-known for his work on the Minecraft games. However, people believe that his solo works are arguably better than his "mainstream" work.

D

Deleted member

Cause I called him a one trick pony, in reference to his song of the same name. I guess he got offended idk. I feel like he's just recycling the same progressive house style, over and over and over, and it's incredibly boring. I wish he'd branch out a bit, and do something different for once.

Last edited by a moderator:

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
Cause I called him a one trick pony, in reference to his song of the same name. I guess he got offended idk. I feel like he's just recycling the same progressive house style, over and over and over, and it's incredibly boring. I wish he'd branch out a bit, and do something different for once.
I honestly think you're kinda right.

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
The same boring minimal repetitive house stuff he's been doing for 10 years.
Maybe I should recommend C418 to you. He's far more varied than deadmaus5 (and here comes the fanboys). Check out his album, "one".
http://c418.bandcamp.com/album/one
It's only $7. No, I'm not promoting him or anything, but he's a promising artist that could possibly outdo deadmaus5. He just isn't popular enough.

D

Deleted member

Maybe I should recommend C418 to you. He's far more varied than deadmaus5 (and here comes the fanboys). Check out his album, "one".
http://c418.bandcamp.com/album/one
It's only $7. No, I'm not promoting him or anything, but he's a promising artist that could possibly outdo deadmaus5. He just isn't popular enough.
Oh I know him. I love 'Sweden,' especially. He's more video game composerish though, so I doubt it, if we're talking popularity.

D

Deleted member

Me, neither. The only thing that interested me about that game was the music. Weird, I know.
Oh and I wasn't knocking his style, I was just trying to explain his difference from deadmau5. By chance, do you like Danny Baranowsky from Super Meat Boy?

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
C418 is not only a fantastic composer, but he's someone I can honestly actually relate to. Here's a quote from him.

"...I became a jaded composer, hypercritical of every single piece I ever created, worried that my old work shows that I'm not good enough... I think that you can't be happy with anything if you've stared at it too close for too long."

This was actually part of the description he wrote for his bandcamp-only album, "148". Kind of shows that composers and musicians are also like us - people. He's an artist at heart, and tries to not let his depression take him over.

Last edited:

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
"All of the Lights", from "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy", my favorite album of his. Yes, I listen to West. Epilepsy warning, btw.

Last edited:

FallenHero

Smash Ace
THat Part by Schoolboy Q. I'm also about to listen to the Underachievers new mixtape that almost came out of nowhere (I love it when my favorite artists just put out new stuff out of nowhere).

Top Bottom