• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are the top most wanted stages for PM? Vote for yours.

What stages would you want playable in multiplayer verse mode in Project M?

• Total voters

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
Definitely not. They are trying to make PM for primarily competitive play I'm just suggesting a solution to have more stages available. I want all the stages back I am saying that that is a sacrifice I would be willing to make in order to get those stages, though that doesn't mean everyone needs to agree with me or feel the same way.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
They are trying to make PM for primarily competitive play
This is a copy/paste of their Mission statement:

Project M hopes to achieve a game similar to Super Smash Bros. Melee in many respects. It does not, however, intend to be a 1:1 Melee clone. The following is a list of the main aspects of Super Smash Bros. Melee that inspired and have carried over into Project M:
  • A fast-paced game
  • with flowing, natural movement
  • where the player has a great degree of control over his character due to the technical skill that he's achieved.
  • The balance of offense and defense changes depending on the exact matchup and playstyle, but overall tends to favor offense slightly.
  • Offstage edgeguarding is risky but rewarding, while on-stage edgeguarding is safer but less rewarding.
  • Recoveries generally require great skill to use, with the advantage usually being with the edgeguarding player, with some exceptions.
  • The combos are challenging and spontaneous, with anything longer than 2-3 hits requiring a knowledge of both characters' options and some degree of prediction and/or a deep understanding of the mental aspect of the game.
In short, Project M aims to capture the essence of what made Melee a truly great game in our eyes.

Where does it say it`s trying to be primarily competitive?

Fortress

Smash Master
Where does it say it`s trying to be primarily competitive?
  • A fast-paced game
  • with flowing, natural movement
  • where the player has a great degree of control over his character due to the technical skill that he's achieved.
  • The balance of offense and defense changes depending on the exact matchup and playstyle, but overall tends to favor offense slightly.
  • Offstage edgeguarding is risky but rewarding, while on-stage edgeguarding is safer but less rewarding.
  • Recoveries generally require great skill to use, with the advantage usually being with the edgeguarding player, with some exceptions.
  • The combos are challenging and spontaneous, with anything longer than 2-3 hits requiring a knowledge of both characters' options and some degree of prediction and/or a deep understanding of the mental aspect of the game.

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
It just kind of goes without saying, haven't you noticed how they remove a lot of the noncompetitive stages and replace them with competitive ones? Or how they altered stages so they could be competitive stages? Also how they brought back all of the competitive stages from Melee right off the bat. I mean I liked SSE: Jungle from Demo 2.5 but they shrank it because it was "Too big for competitive play" now I dislike it. Also the members of the PMBR are competitive smashers. I am not saying there is anything wrong with casual play. People can play smash anyway they want and I am sure the PM team also cares about the casual players too since they also enjoy PM.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
It just kind of goes without saying, haven't you noticed how they remove a lot of the noncompetitive stages and replace them with competitive ones? Or how they altered stages so they could be competitive stages? Also how they brought back all of the competitive stages from Melee right off the bat. I mean I liked SSE: Jungle from Demo 2.5 but they shrank it because it was "Too big for competitive play" now I dislike it. Also the members of the PMBR are competitive smashers. I am not saying there is anything wrong with casual play. People can play smash anyway they want and I am sure the PM team also cares about the casual players too since they also enjoy PM.
Ok fine, I`ll admit I`m wrong, but I feel that if they do use stage expansion (which they have said they won`t until conditions are met that would destroy the point of this argument) to have the non casual stages be picked in random because people who don`t care what stages get picked and just want to have a good time will most likely use random more then people who are trying to think of the best stage to get the edge on there opponent.

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
Yeah who knows, I'm sure they will find a way around it eventually and we have enough good stages in the meantime.

Top Bottom