• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are the top 7 or 8 Sheik ATs?

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
I've been looking to make my Sheik a lot more complex than she is right now. I already know a few techs, but I do want to know what the most important ones are to learn.

?.?

Smash Journeyman
What Jackson said, but it all really depends on your playstyle. If you rely on needle camping to win tech which involves needles will obviously be more useful... On the flip side if you're balls to the wall aggressive, then anything that helps you get in/do damage and add some mixup to your game will be your go-tos.

Off the top of my head here's what I consider the top 8 for my sheik which is an aggressive powerhouse vying for advantage at all times.

1*. Fast Fall (don't really consider this a AT but if you consider it one it's the most important by far.)
1. Tomahawking
2. Run to shield
3. Reverse Aerial Rush
4. DI
5. Wave needle
6. B-reversing
7. Special gliding
8. BCSUS (this I feel has a lot of potential but virtually no one uses it yet so it's at 8, you can find a thread on it labeled something like the new dacus discovered with wii-fit trainer)

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
I know about most of those. Can you do BCSUS in both directions and on 3DS?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
This list would be different for each sheik main as everyone is a bit different. Here's my list though.

1.Dash into Shield
2.Instant dash attack/ boost grab
3.Fox trot/dance dancing
4.B reversal
5.piviot grab
6. Vanish gliding (I value this higher then I should but hey that's part of my style)
7. Sheik B reversal cancel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DXTNEPqcVo

I tired not to include things like DI and fastfall as I wouldn't call those advance technique but that's just me. You might notice I didn't list tomahawking well that's because I don't think it's that useful when compared to what I listed.

I would like to highlight Sheik B reversal again as this add a whole new element to Sheik and if you want a fancy Sheik this would be the place to start. After that I think

Nade Shell Tech and Tricks
http://smashboards.com/threads/nade-shell-tech-and-tricks.385039/

Would also be good to play around with if you want to be fancy, I also think any combo's are pretty sexy so things like fthrow into BF, fthrow into tipper usmash, weak nair into BF, aerial needle storm into bf are really nice and add a lot to Sheik.

Last edited:

?.?

Smash Journeyman
I know about most of those. Can you do BCSUS in both directions and on 3DS?
Yes you can (to both of the questions), in fact it was first discovered on 3ds but was thought to only be useable on yoshis due the slopes making it really easy to do. The cool thing that makes this better than Dacus (in my opinion) is the fact no attack has to actually be implemented, you can just do the inputs to get the backwards slide and she'll slide in neutral... It looks stupid. (that also means a player could technically input tilts during the slide if they were tech savvy enough.

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
Yes you can (to both of the questions), in fact it was first discovered on 3ds but was thought to only be useable on yoshis due the slopes making it really easy to do. The cool thing that makes this better than Dacus (in my opinion) is the fact no attack has to actually be implemented, you can just do the inputs to get the backwards slide and she'll slide in neutral... It looks stupid. (that also means a player could technically input tilts during the slide if they were tech savvy enough.
Whenever I try to do the slide, it just doesn't go far or doesn't look right. What are the inputs for the slide and how fast should you do them?

?.?

Smash Journeyman
It's a tech that requires nigh perfect inputs... The only time I do it successfully it feels nearly instant, the easiest way to get the slide that I experience is to shorthop one direction (while holding that direction) and right as I land slide the stick down and around to the bottom of the opposite corner, and then release to neutral. So a half circle input minus a quarter (:GCR::GCDR::GCD::GCDL:). if you use it on a sloped surface the effect seems easier to get and previous testing has shown this. Although the only inputs you really need are sh into :GCD::GCDL: as you land, or the opposite of that of course.

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
It's a tech that requires nigh perfect inputs... The only time I do it successfully it feels nearly instant, the easiest way to get the slide that I experience is to shorthop one direction (while holding that direction) and right as I land slide the stick down and around to the bottom of the opposite corner, and then release to neutral. So a half circle input minus a quarter (:GCR::GCDR::GCD::GCDL:). if you use it on a sloped surface the effect seems easier to get and previous testing has shown this. Although the only inputs you really need are sh into :GCD::GCDL: as you land, or the opposite of that of course.
Ok. I'll be practicing it for a while today. Is it momentum based? Like, if I am running will the slide be longer than standing or walking?

?.?

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't seem that way, The max distance I've achieved has been half halberd approximately and I've gotten it both in nuetral and while smashing. Although dash does seem to cancel the effect out.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
I feel that D-tilt with the C-stick is pretty great with the slide (BCSDT?). You get the added bonus of crouching under higher attacks, and it can potentially combo.

Really, we should just refer to it as BCS, then specify what to do with it. U-smash is just the move we talk about most but is by no means the only one.

Top Bottom