• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are the primary differences between Fox and Falco?

Nomzr

Smash Apprentice
But Fox is better right? Doesn't his shine come out faster? Doesn't he also have more options and faster moves overall?

Agi

Smash Lord
Fox's shine knocks away, Falco's knocks up. Fox's recovery goes much further. Falco's lasers have hitstun, and his illusion spikes. Fox's DAir is a multihit, Falco's spikes. Fox's UAir is much stronger. Fox's main killing smash is USmash, Falco's is FSmash. Falco falls a bit faster, has a longer jumpsquat, and runs more slowly than Fox.

There's more to it than that, but that should be enough to get you going. As far as Melee goes, they're more or less the same, with the effectiveness of some of their tools toned down a bit.

Both of their shines come out frame 1, Fox's is a bit larger

Last edited:

Nomzr

Smash Apprentice
Oh, that explains quite a bit. Does Falco's illusion also go less distance?

Nomzr

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
I just read Falco doesn't have the startup hitbox like Fox in his UpSpecial.

Celestis

Smash Ace
One kills off the top, the other kills down. And they are both very good at there respective traits. =3

Nomzr

Smash Apprentice
I noticed, or rather I feel, like Falco's Wavedash and pretty much anything to do with a shorthop is harder than it is with Fox. Inversely, Shining and acting out of with Falco comes more naturally to me.

AAGH... Which to choose -.-

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
Choose both :p

For me, it's easier to short-hop nair fastfall L-cancel with Falco as a good approach. And I feel like the Falco nair has better knock back, but that can be a pseudo effect. Anyways, with Falco I focus a lot on using short hops with aerials because they're harder to punish.

With Fox I run around on the ground a lot and Usmash like there's no tomorrow. Occasionally I shine. It's very effective ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Top Bottom