• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are the Online Colors for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
OK, you know when you are online, next to your friends names is a dot with a certain color(Red,Green, Yellow).

I think this records your battles wins and loses with the person but I'm not sure. Can anyone tell me for sure?

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Close...
It actually indicates the connction speed of your last brawl with that person, with red being the slowest and green being the fastest.

Yabuki Shingo

Smash Rookie
actually the real colors are:
Red - Really Low
Orange - Low
Yellow - Regular
Green - Good
Blue - Really Good (I have one friend which I have this connection, it was weird, but I practically had NO lag at all, really weird to have this kind of connection)

Grandeza

Smash Master
Blue is best. I only have it with one person. It almost doesn't matter where the person is as much as their connection. My friend is like 2 blocks away and we have green, yet this guy who I think is like 2 states away has blue. O_o

Yabuki Shingo

Smash Rookie
My friend is like 2 blocks away and we have green, yet this guy who I think is like 2 states away has blue. O_o
Yeah I know, actually there's something more weird about this...
I have one guy which I have red connection, and he has red connection with my Blue Connection Friend. They live 2 blocks afar and I live way far away from them (but in the same city). How is it that the Blue connection friend has Blue with me, red with him and they are almost together... It's really weird... although I kinda prefer it that way (the Red connection guy likes to feel really powerful even when he isn't...)

Ahh the blue circle, thought to be a myth by some..
Thou that not believe in the power of the All Mighty Blue circle, shall fall in the power of evil and be conquered by it!

paSTAR

Smash Cadet
actually the real colors are:
Red - Really Low
Orange - Low
Yellow - Regular
Green - Good
Blue - Really Good (I have one friend which I have this connection, it was weird, but I practically had NO lag at all, really weird to have this kind of connection)
I think this was discussed in the instruction manual.

No one ever reads the manual!

Slithe

Smash Apprentice
Funny, I had a circle there before I even registered with someone, and it was changing colors, and that was before we had our first brawl match against one another.

And yes, there is such thing as a blue dot. In fact, I'm looking at one on my TV screen right now.

Gab

Smash Rookie
Funny, I had a circle there before I even registered with someone, and it was changing colors, and that was before we had our first brawl match against one another.
I think that circle indicates the quality of your connection during your last fight "With Anyone".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom