• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U What are the most versatile characters in Smash 4?

Lattenzo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2621-3172-9784
Switch FC
SW-6477-3999-3958
I've found that i really like All-Rounder characters. Any ideas of who the most versatile characters are?

Nah

Smash Champion
Luigi is really not what I'd call an "all-rounder" or "versatile"

maybe.

Smash Cadet
Um, bayonetta? she's basically better than every other character at 90% of the aspects of smash, I would definitely say OP = versatile.

Fazesupernappa

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
HONC#140
I would say :marthmelee:, definantly :4corrin: since he has a projectile and good/ok everything else (except for recovery sometimes), :4cloud:, maybe :4ryu:, and :4mario:.

Last edited:

Crosstails20

Smash Journeyman
According to http://kuroganehammer.com they say Dark Pit, Mario, Mii Brawler, and Pit are complete all-rounders, however, the site says that there are more all-rounders with additional playstyles. Those being
Charizard: Bait and Punish/ Allrounder
Dr. Mario: Bait and Punish/ Allrounder
Lucario: Power/ Allrounder
Mii Swordfighter: Zoner/ Allrounder
Ryu: Footsies/ Allrounder
Yoshi: Rushdown/ Allrounder

A couple that aren't an Allrounder that I think should be is Shulk, Ike, Ness, Lucina, and Falco.

Crosstails20

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 139222
Here's My List of character categories.
Here are some things I disagree with and what I think they should be.
First off I think Tricky and Technical should be the same category.
Toon Link in All Round, he should be in defensive
Yoshi and Roy being technical, he should be in speedy
Zelda being Defensive, she should be technical
Lucina being Speedy, she should be in All Round
Diddy being speedy, he should be tricky
Charizard being technical, he should be in Power
Ness being Technical, he should be All Round
Rosalina being defensive, she should be tricky or technical
Just remember this is my opinion please don't be offended.

Nah

Smash Champion
When I think of all-rounder, I think of a jack of all trades, master of none kind of deal, where they're solid at basically everything but not extremely good at most anything either (which is both their strength and weakness). Synonyms for versatile that come to my mind first are things like "multi-functional" and "flexible".

So, SwagGuy99 SwagGuy99 Luigi to me does not fit either of the terms all-rounder or versatile. He's a highly polarized character with a linear, simplistic (but also effective) gameplan.

The kinds of characters that jump out to me as versatile are, to name a few, ones like :4bayonetta::4sheik::4diddy: etc.

As a side note, it's a bit hard to categorize Smash 4 characters to some degree, there's a fair bit of overlap or just case of a character not being easily clear cut. Using SwagGuy's chart for ease of discussion, ZSS fits in both the "High Risk/High Reward" category as well as the "Speedy" one. Peach in the "Tricky" and "Technical" ones. Robin in the "Tricky" and "Defensive" ones. You get the idea.

also Cloud is not a "more power than speed" kind of character, he's absolutely disgusting the most mobile swordie in the entire game while having ****loads of power on top of that

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
I agree with Shulk being an all-rounder.

Top Bottom