• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are the Mechanics of Zelda's Nayru's Love?

oodnetnin

Smash Cadet
Is there a speed or power mulitplier for projectiles reflected by it?
Are there projectiles that are too powerful to reflect? (Can you infinitely reflect something back and forth, or will you shield break, like Fox's Shine?)

Supersmashbro125

Smash Apprentice
I really dont think Nayru's Love will break,like Shine.I believe that it can reflect all projectiles.(could be wrong...)

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
There's still a 1.5x power/damage multiplier on reflecting specials such as Nayru's Love. Yes, it can break, but this will only happen if you reflect a powerful projectile back and forth over and over, and usually that projectile merely vanishes into thin air before that even occurs. This usually only ever happens when items are in play.

As an attack, differing from the Melee Nayru's is that this one always pulls/sends people in the direction Zelda is facing when she casts it. It makes it a more reliable attack when used back turned, since the move is far more likely to catch opponents and send them outward this way. I've seen too many point blank Nayru's from the front missing with the last hit and not hitting them outwards, thus leaving Zelda open.

ZeldaDestiny

Smash Rookie
worse in meele because of the bigger animation then brawl though because not only can that happen, but try doing that to Roy and him getting inside the hit box and full charge forward smashing you

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Wait, so whatever direction you're facing is what direction you'll send them?

Is the knockback still dependent upon damage then? I wonder if it will still be as useful for edgeguarding/spiking.

It's hitboxes, duration, and priority. Dojo says that it lasts less long (probably to nerf edgeguarding) in the air, but has its range and ground duration been buffed?

Top Bottom