• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are the mechanics of Wolf's Shine?

oodnetnin

Smash Cadet
I've heard that Wolf's reflector reflects projectiles at twice the speed, is that the actual number?
Also, is there a damage mulitplier for reflected projectiles? If so what is it?
How does Wolf's reflector compare to Fox's?

Roman.

Smash Champion
Don't trust me on any of this for this info is all from memory.

I think it reflects it at 1.5x the speed. Damage does go up I've seen it in vids but idk by how much. Wolf's shine does send people downwards but you keep your momentum falling so most likely you will be equal/lower than your opponent.

oodnetnin

Smash Cadet
Thanks.
Also, does anyone know if Wolf's reflector's knock back is the same every time, like Fox's in Melee?
Plus, does Wolf's reflector break easier, harder, or the same?

Drack

Smash Apprentice
There's some misinformation here.

Some projectiles reflect at higher speeds, some don't. It's based on the reflected projectile, not the reflector used.

Samus's charge beam and smash missiles always reflect back faster. Her homing missiles never do. Thrown items never do. These events always happen on every reflector in the game.

As far as knockback, from anecdotal evidence it seems to be fixed knockback, enough to neatly lead into (but not combo into, they can shield) a forward smash.

Heroic

Smash Cadet
Aside from reflecting projectiles, the shine is really useful for stringing combos. It can be easily linked into either forward smash, neutral a combo or forward tilt.

You can sometimes even link it with another shine. What move to use is up to you to decide, but neutral a combo can be linked into forward smash at low percentage. forward tilt can lead to forward b, wich is always awesome when you hit with.

Top Bottom