• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are the chances for getting weird things from Peach's turnips?

Proverbs

Smash Lord
What are the odds? I think I'm getting them more than I should be. The other night within like three hours I got like four bombs, at least two beam swords, at least two Mr. Saturns, and around four death turnips. I wasn't fishing for them but just got those whenever I used Peach (which wasn't in all of the battles during that time, probably less than half, if not one fourth). In the same match I got two bombs in a row and in one match I got a beam sword, the match ended, and at the beginning of the next match I got a beam sword as well. Another match I got a death turnip, missed with it, and immediately got another one (hit with that one XD).

The same trend seems to continue with me. Am I just really good at getting strange things from Peach or is this normal?

Sh0ckwave

Smash Journeyman
I think each non-turnip item and stitchfaces have a 1/600 chance of being pulled.

not 100% on tht tho.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Then I'm definitely getting things WAYYYY too often and that happens regularly to me. This isn't just one night, this just happens to me whenever I play Peach.

If that's the case then I would have to have pulled 7200 turnips (1/600 for each non turnip item and stitch face and there were 12 total if you look at my previous post, so 600 * 12) in 45 minutes (because I played her about 1/4 of the matches in three hours, and 3/4 hours is 45 minutes). Let's say it takes about one full second to pick up and discard a turnip. That means 7200 seconds would need to be the same amount of seconds in 45 minutes. As it is, 7200 seconds is really 120 minutes or 2 whole hours. Clearly that doesn't work out.

And that would be based off the assumption that I literally sat there and just picked up and threw turnips for two hours straight, disregarding the time it took to end matches and the fact that I wasn't just spamming turnips the whole time. That means I probably pulled one fourth of the amount of turnips possible in 45 minutes, which would be 675 turnips when I would have needed to pull 7200 turnips, so I pulled 3 turnips for every 32 that I should have pulled to keep the probability rate listed above accurate (45 minutes x 60 seconds/minute=2700 seconds X 1 turnip/second = 2700 turnips. I drew 1 fourth of those so 2700 turnips/4 is 675 turnips that I would have drawn).

Even then, I don't think I sat and picked turnips up for a fourth of each match, but I'm just trying to show you the probablity of it if I were. So chances are, I picked up even less than 675.

Wow, either that probablity rate is off, or my Peach is amazing.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
--; Yeah, converting people to sexual orientations doesn't quite work. Not only that but I disagree with the very nature of homosexuality in that it violates it--nature, that is.

Basically, I believe homosexuality is wrong. That, and I'm a Christian. That and I like girls.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Lol, this went TOTALLY offtopic.

From Peach's turnips to homosexuality.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
^Yeah, so does anyone have a definite answer? Or is the probability unknown? And from just personal experience do you think I'm getting more nonturnip items/stitchface turnips than I should?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
It's just a matter of luck actually. So you had been luckier.

The stitchface has a 1/58 chance of getting out, dunno about the other items.

Top Bottom