• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are the best moves out of shield?

MadCanard

Smash Apprentice
The title pretty much says it all.

What are Villagers best moves out of shield? What are the fastest? What are the best?

Off the top of my head I really like jab, nair, and usmash

FTilt is sort of okay too I guess

Beanie!

Smash Cadet
NNID
ItMeBeanie
3DS FC
0232-8522-8662
Nair is probably his best bet. Ftilt, Jab, and Utilt surprisingly also work quite nicely. I like doing Utilt on heavies and fastfallers solely because of the double hit that stays out for a bit.

Wyles

Smash Cadet
Villager has amazing OoS options.

Nair out of shield is probably his easiest and safest option because it makes a good "get off me" or it could lead to some pretty cool follow ups. Other aerials could work like Slingshot or Dair, but Nair is by far the safest and easiest.

Shield Grabbing should be avoided the start up is insane. Especially if they're doing the multi jab, but it they commit to laggy move, you could do it.

DSmash is a good option if they like rolling. Then you could catch em' with an upsmash.

Empty Hop to Pivot Grab is a good mix-up if they catch on to your Nair OoS game and it becomes predictable.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I've been using Nair mostly, but other users here basically said the rest. Turnips are another option IMO.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Nair every day.

Every

Day

Oh and the other options mentioned are pretty cool too.

Veen.

Plant. Water. Chop.
NNID
VeenStache711
Like the others said, these are all good options, but Nair is my go-to choice.

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Nair FTilt and USmash.
Dtilt has gotten me some kills or setups as well.

Top Bottom