• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Are The Benefits Of Using Zair

Azew

Smash Lord
Latley I have been hearing people talking about how great zair is, but other than looking cool I don't see much use to it. Am I missing something?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
No landing lag on them, and they cancel air dodges.
They do have landing lag now (thankfully), though it is very low.

Edit: To answer the op, they are low lag, high range moves. This combination makes them very safe on block.

Last edited:

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
In addition they can come directly out of air dodges which can be useful for a variety of things.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Don't forget the most obvious one. They punish short hopping and annoy the **** out of tall/big characters.

I like using it to disrupt/gimp off stage, personally.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
In addition they can come directly out of air dodges which can be useful for a variety of things.
And their low landing lag time overrides the usual 22 frames of air-dodge landing lag. It's not a huge increase in safety, but... why not?

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
what is zair and how do you do it?
Basically, you know how some characters have tether grabs correct? (Tether, is that the correct term?) By that I mean, Samus grabs with her grapple beam, Link with his hook-shot etc. If you press the grab button in the air, the character will attack with that tool. It is able to hit your opponent, and its advantages have already been stated by many previously in the thread.

Last edited:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
They do have landing lag now (thankfully), though it is very low.

Edit: To answer the op, they are low lag, high range moves. This combination makes them very safe on block.
They have landing lag if you land after the tether is all the way out. But if you land while the tether is still going out, landing lag is negligible if not non-existent. (In other words, I can't see the landing animation in 1x speed. It appears as if the character goes into shield instantly.)

Top Bottom