• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what are the benefits of using tap jump on for megaman

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
as megaman main, ive always been told that megaman and tap jump on is bad. so ive always played with tap jump off, but now im looking into this and I see some people who play a lot better with tap jump on. Ive heard about Ranai the villager play with tap jump on and this makes it easier for him to tap jump while using the c stick to do those consistent falling fast fairs. what about megaman? what benefits does he have

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
I think it's all about preference. I can't play with tap jump on because I mess up my inputs and do a uair instead of a utilt.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Same with me I can't do it. It makes you have to be even more precise between utilt and usmash, and then adds jumping in there.

All depends on your preference really.

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
You can get all the benefit of tap jump on without using it by setting a shoulder button or Z to jump instead. Lets me do jumps into fast fall upairs easy etc, easily to out of shield options, and i don't lose momentum in the air from removing my stick from left or right.

I personally recommend learning L/R/Z one of those as jump for everyone, it offers nothing but benefits and no negatives.

Top Bottom