• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some strategies for getting back on the stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinobi1

Super Saiyan
What are some strategies for getting back on the stage after getting hit off as Little Mac?

NOSTK

Smash Rookie
1.Try to sweet spot the ledge with U-B and S-B. DO NOT waste your second jump, it will save your life, use it wisely.
2.D-B can bring Mac on the stage too if you have good predictions. However, if you don't get the counter off, you're losing that stock. It is a very risk/reward method.

PowerKord

Smash Rookie
Before utilizing your Side B make sure to get as much horizontal distance as you can. Otherwise you'll just tumble. Up B is more than likely never going to save you. You can't even grab the ledge, let go and Up B. Well you probably can but you gotta be QUICK which is a little difficult on the 3ds.

MetaGiduo

Smash Rookie
NNID
MetaGiduo
3DS FC
4957-4328-5953
Gain as much horizontal distance then S -B,if you can read your opponent good then counter.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Before I repeat the Horizontal distance thing, I'd like to point out that Fair gives you a couple of pixels ahead, so that can save you. Also, the Spiral Uppercut can save you if you time it right under the stage's ledge, but that's only if your component knocks you there in the first place.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
When I've been on the ledge, drop-->wall jump --> side B has been a fun mixup. Only works on certain stages, though.

Erebus

Smash Rookie
the down B move seems useless to me in this case; is good for doing damages and steal the Final Smash Orb (eheh), but not for saving your life. Always use the side B move!

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Depends on what the opponent does and what the ledge is like. If they come out at you then you obviously counter, spacing a side-b for the lege is the most common option(It isn't great if they can hit below the ledge though D:), if they ledge has a slope you can up-b into it and ride it up, because it pokes through the stage and makes it harder for them to hit you out of it. Pretty much all of your options are counterable though, so it's moreso a reading game where you have to find the one option that gets you past what they're doing.

NOSTK

Smash Rookie
Depends on what the opponent does and what the ledge is like. If they come out at you then you obviously counter, spacing a side-b for the lege is the most common option(It isn't great if they can hit below the ledge though D:), if they ledge has a slope you can up-b into it and ride it up, because it pokes through the stage and makes it harder for them to hit you out of it. Pretty much all of your options are counterable though, so it's moreso a reading game where you have to find the one option that gets you past what they're doing.
I actually found out the hitbox for Lil' Mac's up-b can ge through slanted platforms like Final Destination. Not sure the use of it but it really surprising the enemy and if you can land the final hit, it can knock them away and get you back on easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom