• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some "signature combos" you or your friends have created?

PsychoPuff23

Smash Rookie
I use My Little mac jab Lock combo
jab1 to jab 2 to 2 nairs to jab1 to jab2 to fair to fsmash.
It's a Broken Combo

NewFoundAbility

Banned via Warnings
Dublin, CA 94568, bowing down before the Jlfksjlfl
NNID
NewFoundAbility
this might be a technique you've done (when playing with friends or other people you
happen to fight frequently) so many times that you, or another person, gave it a nickname
I don't want anyone to coin it... But I do wanna see people call it this if they do: Green Eggs and Ham.

This only works at high percentages...
When playing :4yoshi: of course, what you do is Up-Special and hit your opponent two or more times with eggs (''Green Eggs'').
Making sure they stay in the air (if they are) or away from you so you can do the next move.
After that, you dunk them (Forward Air) on the stage, hopefully they don't tech or shield it, as this will make them go into hit-stun and fly upward. You then Up Air to a KO. :p

popernennins

Smash Rookie
as captain falcon, dash or downthrow into the air, uair twice, and they almost always land on a fully charged jab

Goldenstein64

Smash Cadet
NNID
goldenstein64
3DS FC
3411-1021-7210
Is a dThrow->Short Hop -> immediate dAir at 0 - 30 % already known? It doesn't rack up much damage, but fun to just sit and wait for them to come out of the combo. This combo almost always works with exception to fastfalling characters like Fox at 0 dmg. I call this one the "Cyclone Jab."
Another good one for KOing (if your're quick enough) is dTilt -> Short Hop -> fAir at about 70 - 90%? This combo also works with almost all weights and works if you can react with 0 frame lag. I did it once with Yoshi CPU. I call this combo the "Red Slam."
Just in case you didn't know, both these combos are for Mario.

Last edited:

Goldenstein64

Smash Cadet
NNID
goldenstein64
3DS FC
3411-1021-7210
A good combo for Luigi and Dr. Mario is the dThrow -> Hop -> Immediate dSpecial. This can KO with Luigi and knock foes far off-stage with Dr. Mario at high percentages. This also a good move to rack up damage at low percentages without the Hop. If you're extremely lucky, I bet you can use the custom recovery cyclones to get a really strong attack when the char kind of pops up in mid-air. I call this combo the "Sticky Cyclone."

Last edited:

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
Hey there, Goldenstein64 Goldenstein64 , welcome to smashboards! I hope you enjoy it here! :)
Just a heads up, double posting is generally frowned upon, so try not to do it (heh, i
made the same mistake when i first joined)

DPKdebator

Smash Apprentice
My most common combo is probably the typical D-throw into U-tilt, but sometimes I also do a Mario Tornado near the ground into a forward or down smash.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Nair, weak dtilts, to tatsu is the easiest yet most reliable Ryu combo I know, not for KOs but getting like 15% to 20% just off a nair is great.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The Shamflimmityflipfloperoo
Kirby
DAir -> FThrow -> Dair -> FThrow -> Followup of some sorts (Jab, DAir, UAir, etc)

gamecubeguy214

Smash Apprentice
My friend has a Mii Brawler of Sans and he likes to use headache maker until he dunks me. He then says, "Get dunked." Not really a combo, but something I just wanted to talk about.

RainbowDood

Smash Rookie
Low% Pk Fire to back throw into pk fire forward throw to pk fire offstage to dair with ness

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
One I've found with Corrin is Dragon Lunge pin -> front kick -> uair. I don't think it's a true combo, but your positioning lines up for quite a large percentage window and it tends to hit a lot of people. It feels epic to go flying through the air at high speed swinging your sword above your head :p

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
My best friend plays Ryu a lot. Every time he gets me to a really high percent, he just calmly walks around and waits for me to mess up, which I refer to as "lookin' for those elbows."

Then, when he gets the light utilt to true shoryuken combo, we call it the "Pinch-Pawnch"

Other then that, we all need to work on our "signature combos"

ArguablyTasty

Smash Rookie
Nor really a combo, but with Cloud, if I'm just offstage and the opponent is on the edge of the stage, I can generally up-B and Meteor them at like 10%, but ledge snap on my way down. I call it "haha, sucks to be you"

NDS-Boy

Smash Rookie
NNID
ShadowMetalMario
3DS FC
1633-4789-4746
As
I do 2 jabs before to do the Dalt, then I jump and I do the Fair

breadstick24

Smash Rookie
Two favorite combos both with :4kirby:
First Inhale on :4shulk:, Press B four times, U-tilt, U-tilt u-tilt u-tilt u-tilt. true combo I swear.

Second one. When fighting my friends DK I did this all the time and he still hasn't beat it.
(from 0%) Dair -> Grab F-Throw->Dair->U-tilt->Dair->Grab F-throw->Jump Two hits of F-air->D-tilt (trip) ->Re-grab F-throw-> Jump Dair-> usually at this point he's at the end of the stage and I just keep using D-air until death) if not F-smash
Works pretty well on bowser too.

KidNeedler

Smash Rookie
NNID
KidNeedler
3DS FC
1461-6528-5430
I'm pretty good at doing Falcon's footstool lock, so I keep doing it until they get into Knee percents then give them the Knee. As for a name... the only thing my friends say when I do this is "Complete Bull****!" so that's what I named it. lol

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
D-Tilt-> Fair-> Fair -> Fair...........->Fair....

Then the goldylocks combo that makes Ike cry. (3 Bairs.)

Then the shenanigans with neutral air into....anything I want most of the time.

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
With Zelda, I started using UThrow-> Farore's Wind for fun. Those kills are hilarious.
For some reason, most people get surprised by it too, so it's actually pretty reliable.

realmwars

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RealmwarssII
There's two combos my friends know me to do from time to time when I'm :4palutena:

down throw, n-air, u-air (The charging Halle-hohah) and there's f-throw to d-air.

As :4ness: oh boy let's count them.

d-throw, u-air, u-air, pk thunder (The thunder head combo)
pk-thunder, f-smash (back to home base combo)
pk-fire, d-throw, f-air, f-air, f-air, pk thunder (Ban this read)
f-throw, pk thunder ball, down-smash (Usually at the ledge)
f-throw, b-air stage spike

I'm evil with the child.

Top Bottom