• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some of villagers traps?

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
What do you mean by traps? Frame traps?

Also, you should probably check the FAQ. You should be able to find what you're looking for there.

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
When you launch someone off the stage, fire a well timed rocket to discourage horizontal recovery. This way you have an increased chance to land the bowling ball.

B-reverse axe into timber works wonders with tree kills.

Volya

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheVolya
Well-timed dashattack when someone is offstage is even better than a simple missile, it can totally gimp some "low" recorvery character like mario or falcon. You can dashattack > sweetspot fair if done well ;)
Sappling near the ledge (but not on the edge of it) when someone is going to go back on the stage can punish every normal/attack/roll ledge recorvery (the water of the bdown push the ennemy on the sappling even if he roll).

F1reants

Smash Rookie
Well-timed dashattack when someone is offstage is even better than a simple missile, it can totally gimp some "low" recorvery character like mario or falcon. You can dashattack > sweetspot fair if done well ;)
Sappling near the ledge (but not on the edge of it) when someone is going to go back on the stage can punish every normal/attack/roll ledge recorvery (the water of the bdown push the ennemy on the sappling even if he roll).
I never thought of the watering part!
What works pretty well for me is that I grow the tree, get one chop on the tree and read the roll with a forward smash, since most people react by rolling. I've managed to do the same with a lloid.

Last edited:

Spaghetti Sammy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FreshBagels
3DS FC
0104-0256-0397
Ponco showed me a neato tree trap that I've been having a lot of fun with.
What you do is you plant the sapling, water it but jump as soon as you start to water it.
And now any tiny droplet of water will cause the tree to grow (it kills at silly percents :))

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
Ponco showed me a neato tree trap that I've been having a lot of fun with.
What you do is you plant the sapling, water it but jump as soon as you start to water it.
And now any tiny droplet of water will cause the tree to grow (it kills at silly percents :))
You can also start watering above the plant and then walk away, or start watering away from the plant and walk towards it. It's very good for mixups.

Top Bottom