• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some of the key differences in the top Falco players playstyles?

zeloft

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0130-2139-7017
I know that each of them play somewhat differently, but I want to know more specific details. I know about how Westballz is very combo based and technical, PPMD uses lots of edgeguards, and Mango uses lots of reads, but I would like to know more details.

TheGood

Smash Rookie
PPMD used dash forward to wavedash back to fake approaches, combos for stage positioning and early edgeguards instead of % or possible 0 to death. He spaces short hop turnaround lazers with dash dances and wavedashes and likes to poke shild with jab. His game is based around taking stage position and pushing the enemy in to a corner by taking away space and options with hitboxes and movement -> neutral on the ground second to none.

Westballz often plays the most defensive out of the 3, uses bair and uptilts to put up a wall. His combos lead to alot %, but he sometimes struggles to finish them or uses options to make them longer instead of going for the kill, hes still the only one of them that 0-death often (especially on FD). You will often see him punish get up attack optimal by using CC to fsmash. He also likes to do waveland into enemys and shine to surprise them (for ex, on FD).

Mango is the king of mixups. He does the same thing 10 times with a different timing each instance, its insane.

zeloft

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0130-2139-7017
PPMD used dash forward to wavedash back to fake approaches, combos for stage positioning and early edgeguards instead of % or possible 0 to death. He spaces short hop turnaround lazers with dash dances and wavedashes and likes to poke shild with jab. His game is based around taking stage position and pushing the enemy in to a corner by taking away space and options with hitboxes and movement -> neutral on the ground second to none.

Westballz often plays the most defensive out of the 3, uses bair and uptilts to put up a wall. His combos lead to alot %, but he sometimes struggles to finish them or uses options to make them longer instead of going for the kill, hes still the only one of them that 0-death often (especially on FD). You will often see him punish get up attack optimal by using CC to fsmash. He also likes to do waveland into enemys and shine to surprise them (for ex, on FD).

Mango is the king of mixups. He does the same thing 10 times with a different timing each instance, its insane.
I really like PPMD's style of play. I've been trying to somewhat emulate it ever since I switched to falco from sheik because I love edgeguards and early cheesy stocks.

Top Bottom