• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some Luigi Combos?

Florida

イーグランツ
I'm currently maining Luigi, and it'd be awesome to know some popular (and useful) combos for Luigi that work well against other characters. It doesn't have to be anything "official" with a name and all-- just something that's affective.

A combo that I use often is:

Up-Throw ---> Wavedash (if needed due to DI) ---> Up-B (the devastating version)

Any other combos that I should be aware of?

Ticonderoga

Smash Rookie
U-throw-->double bair/fair works pretty well at mid percents, too high and theyll just be sent to high, too low and they will get out of it easy. Around 50-70% maybe?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Ive alwyas found this to be of use:
U-Throw, Uair (or 2), Fair, Dair(If over ledge)
This is a simple yet effective combo to Meteor Smash your foes to a quick grave, Ive done it many times... well NORMALLY not the dair Part but sill good

Florida

イーグランツ
U-throw-->double bair/fair works pretty well at mid percents, too high and theyll just be sent to high, too low and they will get out of it easy. Around 50-70% maybe?
Does the damage percent relate to fast-fallers, or light weight character?

dsmash > utilt > uair> fair

basicly you can combo with almostevery aerial luigi has ...
Right, thanks!

Ive alwyas found this to be of use:
U-Throw, Uair (or 2), Fair, Dair(If over ledge)
This is a simple yet effective combo to Meteor Smash your foes to a quick grave, Ive done it many times... well NORMALLY not the dair Part but sill good
The only problem I have with that is I can't spike with Luigi's dair. Well, I can, but most of the time I do it randomly.

I'll be sure to try out all of these tips! Thanks!

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
normally i dont want the spike its too hard and you can meteor cancel it, personally against fast fallers at about 100%:
up throw -> dair to set up for an edge game like ledge hop/drop bair repeat as necessary

or something more devastating like running off the stage for a fair -> jump (tornado recovery if needed) and up-b onto edge

Ticonderoga

Smash Rookie
Does the damage percent relate to fast-fallers, or light weight character?
Usually medium-lightweight chars. Obviously chars like jiggs will get out quicker because she goes flying pretty far at pretty low percents. Fastfallers however can have high damages and still not go up that high and still be able to double bair, fair, etc..
Also another nice combo:
Uair>Nair
Uair, then double jump if needed and fullpowered nair! :laugh:
At higher percents you could also try Uair>weak nair>Rofl combo :)
Edit: Just thought of another!
Wavedash>Jab>Sweetspot up b
Good if you just waveshielded, say, marths fair?
Also good as a tech chaser

Ticonderoga

Smash Rookie
This can be easily DId out of i suppose .
Not sure, but i would say no. As your wd'ing into them your kind of pushing into them and pushing them back so when you jab even if you di youll still be sliding forward a little bit and youll be able to hit them. I could be completely wrong though.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
for falco and fox:

uthrow to usmash
chainthrow
dsmash works when their over 20%
utilts can combo
nairs are great setups for any aerial.

hope this helps

-Red

EazyP

Smash Ace
These are situational but it is also the ****

when your opponent is on the floor just lying there, wavedash to jab. He'll have to do the standing up animation and you can super punch him while he can't do anything

on Corneria, go to the bottom of the level. Notice that luigi's up b will grab the ledge. Not only will this give you invinciblity frames, but you can repeat it. Throw them in the corner and go for super punch, if it hits or not the ledge will cancel it. IF THEY BE AT A LOW PERCENT, you can do ANOTHER super punch, for the almighty Double Superpaunch Combo, you instantly win the game when you do it

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Wavedash -> Downsmash. It's the only combo I've bothered with. That and nair spams. They DI, trying to avoid a Fair, but nope, just more nairs. Sorry guys, I play Luigi casually as my awesome low tier, so pay however much attention to me as you want.

C 3

Smash Ace
There are no set combos for Luigi on anybody. It all depends on the opponent's %, DI and tech ability. Some ppl I can 0 - death, others I can only get 2 hits.

dlen06

Smash Apprentice
my favorite luigi combo works mainly at low percents, and especially on fastfallers

tornado>utilt>utilt>usmash>uair>fair

Top Bottom