• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some general crouch cancel options for Falcon?

Strawhat09

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to enhance my crouch cancel game, but I really dont know what I should follow up with ....especially against spacies.... Any help would be nice. :)

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
well u gotta look to falcons fastest moves. unfortunatly both his dtilt and dsmashes are pretty slow. so is his down b. you can JC grab, which looks to me like its probably gonna be ur best option with it being on frame 7, however CF has a pretty short grab range, so as long as the opponent is close to you itll work. you can also jab, which i think actually might have more range than grab. those two are ur best best to try.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Overall I'd say grab is your best bet, since it can't be cced back, plus it sets up so much stuff for falcon, but like flux said, jab might be your second best option cause everything else is too slow.

Strawhat09

Smash Journeyman
Ah, okay. I never eally considered cc to JC grab, but I might have to try this... When fighting chaactes such as Math o chaactes that space pretty well, I dont think crouch canceling is a good idea....:/ I think most falcon mains would agree that it's best to just stay out of attack range and just go in when there's an opening. Falcon get's juggled way too easily. :dizzy:

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
yeah you definitely have to think preventatively in those cases. unfortnuatly you cant power through any of marths sword attacks with nair, and you dont have a projectile to aid you, so its mostly up to how well you can bait him out to commit and punish likewise. CCing is definitely not CFs strong point. ull get use out of it occasionally, like everyone does, but under more limited circumstances.

Top Bottom