• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Are Rosalina's Landing Options?

Nihabz

Smash Rookie
So I've been in the market for a new disgusting top tier main after Diddy got nerfed(again) and I've decided to pick up Rosalina. My biggest issue with this character is that she struggles getting back to the ground whenever she gets hit. I'm curious to know what other options she has available to her when it comes to this issue?

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Not much. It's one of her main weaknesses. Try recovering low mostly. If you insist on a high recovery, you can try to confuse them using airdodge to disappear.
Something to try: People usually expect you to recover to ledge. If you're in position, you can use the forward version of her up B and recover to the centre of the stage. Can be risky though.

Nihabz

Smash Rookie
One option I've tried a lot is fast falling combined with air dodging. It seems to work for me sometimes.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
How mobile your opponent is can play a factor in all of this. Rosalina's recovery is quite large, but because Launch Star doesn't deal any damage, she needs to watch out for Meteor Smashes.

Launch Star Attack can help fix up that issue, but it's heavily flawed in that you're sacrificing travel distance, AND the move halts your momentum when it ends. In other words, even though Launch Star Attack can deal damage, it's much less effective as a recovery move.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
So I've been in the market for a new disgusting top tier main after Diddy got nerfed(again) and I've decided to pick up Rosalina. My biggest issue with this character is that she struggles getting back to the ground whenever she gets hit. I'm curious to know what other options she has available to her when it comes to this issue?
It's one of her main weaknesses. You're going to have to hope your opponent doesn't read your AD. Rosalina has a lot of flaws and isn't as good as people claim. You maybe better off sticking with diddy.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's one of her main weaknesses. You're going to have to hope your opponent doesn't read your AD. Rosalina has a lot of flaws and isn't as good as people claim. You maybe better off sticking with diddy.
You can't really influence the decision of others. Sheik may arguably be the best character in Smash 4, but she's a very tough character to master, and I just don't have the reflexes to use her effectively.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
You can't really influence the decision of others. Sheik may arguably be the best character in Smash 4, but she's a very tough character to master, and I just don't have the reflexes to use her effectively.
I'm just saying he maybe better off sticking with his old main despite the nerfs. Coming from diddy and going to Rosa is tough.

If you practice sheik and get used to her movement you'll get used to the character. Rome wasn't built in a day it takes time to develop another character especially if you've been a solo main.

Top Bottom