• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what are mega mans bread n butters/ essential combos?

TrashCan34

Smash Rookie
Mega man is an extemely hard character and If any knows mega man's main essential combos this would be great.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Down throw leads into bair and fair at a lot of percents. A thrown metal blade(when you pick it up as an item and then throw it)can also confirm into a grab or even up tilt and back air at high percents. Item thrown Metal Blade in general is an amazing combo starter from any direction its thrown, even in mid-air.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I have noticed that while in Smash 4, Metal Blade was an easy access to grab, in Ultimate it's a lot harder. Granted I've only tried with Metal Blade as a special, not as an item, but some characters can air-dodge away from my incoming grab. Others land on the floor, but jab their way out of it before I land it.

Does Metal Blade as an item cause more hitstun or something?

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
I have noticed that while in Smash 4, Metal Blade was an easy access to grab, in Ultimate it's a lot harder. Granted I've only tried with Metal Blade as a special, not as an item, but some characters can air-dodge away from my incoming grab. Others land on the floor, but jab their way out of it before I land it.

Does Metal Blade as an item cause more hitstun or something?
Item Metal Blade has much less endlag than normally pressing B to throw it. Throwing it before landing while drifting near your opponent or throwing it while dashing makes follow-ups even easier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom