• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are good stage picks against Falco?

Young Rinku

Smash Cadet
There's this improving Falco that I play a lot, and usually I can 2 or 3 stock him when I'm able to get Dream Land, but if I'm ever taken to Story or sometimes Fountain I get bodied, or it's at least close but still more often than not a loss.
What are some of the decent stages that Puff has against Falco in this MU?

Dominus Felis

Smash Apprentice
FoD is good, but I prefer Yoshi's Story because Jigg's can edgeguard falco, but Falco can't edgeguard Puff.

Sprankles

Smash Rookie
Fountain is pretty good if you're about the same neutral game level as the other player. It has a small amount of on stage area which is good for puff because you'll naturally get more edge guard situations off of pokes. Crouching under low platforms makes it difficult for Falco to approach with some of his better options. Oh and the blast zones are pretty nice as well. No real negatives, so long as you can avoid getting spiked since you'll also be off stage more often.

Once you push falco to the ledge and take control of center, it's a terrible place for him to be.

Mr. S

Smash Apprentice
I like FoD and Yoshi's Story. Battlefield can work, but it's more of a pain. FD would be good if it weren't for his saddening shine combos. FoD is my favorite pick against Falco because platforms mess up his flashy bnb stuff. Also it's not hard to avoid getting spiked a lot of the time because of insane aerial mobility. FoD's ceiling makes shine a little bit less of a pain too.

The Prince: SDJ

Smash Apprentice
Depending on the type of puff yo are, Pokemon stadium may be beneficial if you are certain that you can avoid the lock down ability of the falco. The transformations almost always favor puff, except for the rock stage. On rock stage, DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT, try to go over falco, wait this transformation out as the risk of getting shined of the top is very great and real.

Mr. S

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so vs Falco on Yoshi's story, I get shine -> shine killed off the top pretty frequently. What ways are there out of this combo?
If I know the first shine won't kill me, I like to DI up and left/right and hope I can get an attack out and/or get the Falco to miscalculate and whiff the shine. It's not always successful, but I find it to be somewhat consistent if the Falco doesn't expect it.

Usually, I just float around the stage and space bairs to make it harder for Falco to hit me with shine in the first place. Shine --> shine is pretty deadly against Puff.

AGLET

Smash Cadet
FoD is really good for cutting off space since you control a lot of the stage at any given place with back air. Yoshi's is good for the same reason but the smash blastzones make it much more in Falco's favor imo. Dreamland is good for the same reason as most of other puff matchups: you live forever and always recover while your opponent dies at the same percent from gimps/edgeguards (in theory anyway haha). I like battlefield just cause the side platforms are at a nice height for rest setups and combos and Falco's recovery is nerfed a bit by funky ledges. I actually think Stadium can be worse than Yoshi's depending on how Falco plays on the transformations since if he knows what he's doing he can wreck you on all of them >_>

Crossie

Smash Apprentice
FoD is my favorite Falco stage. The moving platforms make it hard for Falco to get a smooth laser game going and the stage is too small for him to just run and gun. Also, you're unlikely to be shined off the top.

FD and Pokemon Stadium are both really rough. On both stages Falco can comfortably camp and it can be difficult to approach safely. FD in particular, I think, since there are no platforms to help with movement. Pokemon Stadium has worse blast zones, though.

Top Bottom