• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are Falco's worst and best match ups?

Bumble Bear

Smash Cadet
NNID
nintenman305
I need to know Falco's best and worst match ups and which stages i should pick. I mainly need help with Fox, Shiek, and Marth.

pkblaze

Smash Apprentice
Vs Marth: FD is bad unless you're straight up better or they can't chaingrab, DL is bad for the marth, everything else is close enough to not matter.

Vs Sheik: FoD is bad unless you're super comfortable with the platforms, otherwise personal preference.

Vs Fox: FD is good... Unless the fox chaingrabs or has good powershields. this is entirely personal preference IMO.

SSS

Smash Ace
I need to know Falco's best and worst match ups and which stages i should pick. I mainly need help with Fox, Shiek, and Marth.
Fox: Evenish
Stages are mostly preference, FD and DL are generally better for Fox, with YS generally better for Falco.

Sheik: Slightly in Falco's favor
DL, FoD, and BF are a bit better for Sheik. FD is definitely better for Falco. PS and YS are a bit better for Falco.

Marth: Evenish
If they can chaingrab/edgeguard, FD is good for Marth. If not, good for Falco. YS is crazy for both characters. DL sucks for Marth, PS is a bit better for Falco, BF is even, FoD probably a bit better for Marth (but I'm biased cuz I hate that stage).

Puff: Evenish
DL, FoD are both better for Puff. BF is even. PS, FD, and YS are all good for Falco.

Captain Falcon: Significantly in Falco's favor
FD and FoD both suck for Captain Falcon. YS is just a good stage for Falco in general. DL is good for Falcon but Falco still wrecks on it. PS is good for Falco but not by too much. BF is even.

Peach: Slightly bad for Falco
FD sucks for Falco. DL isn't too bad but it's hard. FoD is evil and terrible for Falco. BF is even. YS and PS are both in Falco's favor.

Ice Climbers: Probably in Falco's favor
FD is better for Ice Climbers. YS is better for Falco. FoD sucks. DL is probably better for Ice Climbers. BF is probably a bit better for Falco. PS is significantly better for Falco.

Samus: Slightly bad for Falco
BF is even, as usual. Theory should say Falco should win on YS but Samus still does well on it. DL sucks because Falco can never kill her. FoD is garbage (and this time it's not be being biased, the stage is broken in this matchup). FD is in Falco's favor if you laser. So is PS.

Ganondorf: Significantly in Falco's favor
FD is godlike for Falco. PS is godlike for Falco. YS is godlike for Falco. DL and BF are less godlike for Falco, but still better for Falco. You could even go to evil FoD and you'd wreck Ganondorf because A. Ganondorf is bad and B. Ganondorf hates FoD even more than I do.

Pikachu: Evenish? idk
FD sucks for Falco. FoD sucks for Falco. PS is probably good for Falco. YS is probably good for Falco. DL and BF probably close to even.

All the other matchups I don't really know. Even Pikachu I'm sketchy on. If you have any questions about these just ask, yo.

trilok

Smash Apprentice
Falco is even/better on all matchups.
Most falco players just don't have exposure/matchup knowledge to lesser played matchups like Samus/Peach which is why they would think otherwise(while they most certainly do have falco experience). You need to play very differently in matchups such as Samus/Peach/Puff which are less common than falco/fox/falcon/marth/sheik or else you will get bodied.

I'd say the worst falco ever has is Marth on FD, and thats a 40-60.

Top Bottom