• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are falcon's best custom moves?

Jedi Otter

Smash Rookie
After hours in crazy orders I've finally unlocked all customs. Now which ones are actually good?

Castell

Smash Rookie
NNID
Castell
3DS FC
5172-2314-1551
Dashing Falcon Punch is straight up better than regular Falcon Punch. For Side-B... I can see how heavy raptor boost can be useful for the super armor. The other one doesn't do enough damage to justify taking it over the others. For Up-B... Regular is the most reliable, but if you don't care about YES-ing people then take the Falcon Strike, Falcon gets a lot of mileage out of a good recovery. Personally, I think Lightning Falcon Kick is the best, its not very good in general, but the potential to get a Knee of Justice follow up trumps any utility the regular has.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Explosive Falcon dive gives you a bigger, better, YESZ, but it's even worse for recovering. So much fun to kill someone with it though.

It's also really good at racking up damage, too.

Last edited:

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Falcon Dash Punch
Wind-Up Raptor Boost
Normal Falcon Dive
Lightning Falcon Kick

That's my personal preference as far as Custom Movesets go. I haven't spent enough time learning combos using Custom Moves yet, but I know short hop Lightning Falcon Kick has a stun animation that leads into the knee. Though I haven't tried it, it would be interesting (and silly) if you could footstool someone out of the stun animation. Could probably even lead into itself again if that were the case.

Of course, I have my doubts it would work. Just something that came to mind just now. lol

NickC

Smash Rookie
I cant seem to enjoy any of his customs v_v. Dashing falcon punch is the only one thats an overall improvement to me but it doesnt make it that much of a more offensively viable option (the ending segment of the dash falcon punch is so weak so it isnt really useful for punishing rolls, might as well just raptor boost). The dash falcon punch is helpful when recovering though, which is pretty neat. Wind up raptor boost ive tried to use for some ledge trump jankiness, but it seems to not be worth the trade of distance and power (im pretty sure theres a drop of power). I think the default up B is best because without the grab, it becomes gimpable McGee. I tried to make electric falcon kick to work cause i think it is so rad, but Its just a jerk in terms of placement. I rather just the occasional regular falcon kick to get out of sticky situations. I did see gifs of knees out of the stun, which was cool, but idk.

Last edited:
Top Bottom