• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are Corrins best matchups?

Ninj4pikachu

Smash Journeyman
As someone who has been considering picking up Corrin as a secondary, I've been wondering what Corrins best match-ups are? M2K and Salem recently reviewed Corrin in thier "Should you Main" youtube series (mostly screwing around) and they apparently think their a decent counter pick character, but they never explicitly discuss match-ups. We saw how Cosmos used Corrin to counter pick Dabuz and reverse 3-0 him aginst his Rosa and Olimar, so are those matchups slight Corrin favor or at least even? More specifically I was wondering how Corrin dose against Ness, Lucas, Mario, Mr. Game & Watch, Zelda, and Yoshi. Corrins biggest strengths seem to me to be his\her aerials being quite safe on shield and their above average juggling ability. From what I understand, the characters that I listed don't appreciate being out-spaced or walled out so I'm hoping Corrin at least goes even with them. Is that a fair judgment or is that an overly simplistic outlook and it's more nuanced? At the moment there doesn't appear to be very much Corrin representation in the meta and the top players tend to merely dismiss her as "bad" or "the feet character" in their tier lists. But that can be a double edge sword as with no top players picking him\her up, I'm hoping the posibility of matchup inexperience could possibly help, but that relies on being able to surprise opponents with pin or something they aren't familiar with. Any feedback appreciated.

Artic223

Smash Cadet
Just pick Cloud cuz he does okay vs all of those.
Like actually save yourself the trouble of having to work with Corrin's mediocre kit

Ninj4pikachu

Smash Journeyman
While I appreciate the sentiment and would agree that you could possibly in fact be right, your response is rather dismissive of the spirit of my question. If I wanted to inquire about a mainstream sword character such as Cloud, Lucina, or Roy, there is more than enough information on the internet let alone their respective pages on smashboards for me to obtain a general consensus of their matchups, strengths, and popular play styles. Unfortunatly the Corrin forums on the other hand leave much to be desired. Ive seen top player's tier lists and where they place Corrin, but even low tiers have sauce in this game (kirby won a few large tournaments). I'm searching for a perspective that gives a deeper examination or insight on a less explored character. If we never bother to explore the entire tier list we'll never discover hidden gems like Melee Yoshi. One of the main draws to using an under represented character is the advantage of the opponent not haveing an idea how to fight your character at high level, all while having the crowd naturally on your side. In any case I haven't heard of any Clouds reverse 3-0ing Dabuz... Clearly there is some merit to throwing your opponent off guard.

Artic223

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately, Corrin's playerbase is super small compared to pretty much every other character in the game
For now I think you should try and see how players of those characters (ness, lucas, mario, game and watch, zelda and yoshi) think their characters do vs Corrin.
Also check out the Corrin discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/FPgq8kb

Top Bottom