• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are Bayonetta's best stages and stage positions? Her worst?

Shadow Light Master

Smash Journeyman
Obviously this is going to be match-up dependent, so feel free to note notable exceptions in your opinion to your generalizations. But generally, where do I want to position Bayonetta relative to my opponent, and what are some positions she wants to avoid?

leesinger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yolo-swag420T.T
I feel her best stage is lylat cruise followed by town and city and then dreamland and then duck hunt in that order.

Lylat is easily her best stage because of how the stage tilts allowing for some crazy shenanigans with her side b. You can actually just run and side b on the ground, but it will come out in the air because the stage tilts. Also bullet arts can pretty much cover 3/4 of the stage and again when it tilts, it hits short characters which it usually can't do. Another interesting aspect is that all of the platforms are small enough so that her upsmash can cover the whole space making every tech option covered. Also its really easy to hit her down smash and get the spike because lylat is bull**** in that regard. I can post a video of my bayo in tourney on lylat if you'd like to get an idea of what im talking about.

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
Ill counterpick Bayonetta to dreamland all day. I can hide under platforms and she cant dive kick me. Also i feel like platforms don't help her combo game nearly as much as they help other characters. Why are dreamland and duck hunt so good?

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Lylat a best
**** DH though, those asshole ducks ruin combos all day long

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Lylat is a great stage, but I do love smashville and Town and City.
I am always banning Duck hunt when I get the chance
Ill counterpick Bayonetta to dreamland all day. I can hide under platforms and she cant dive kick me. Also i feel like platforms don't help her combo game nearly as much as they help other characters. Why are dreamland and duck hunt so good?
just want to point out. Battlefield is better counterpick against Bayonetta than dreamland because dreamland has lower ceiling AND wider death on the side so she will kill earlier and survive longer

Last edited:

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
just want to point out. Battlefield is better counterpick than dreamland because dreamland has lower ceiling AND wider death on the side so she will kill earlier and survive longer
Totally agree. I just said dreamland because leesinger leesinger said he thinks dreamland and duck hunt are good picks.

Shadow Light Master

Smash Journeyman
I feel her best stage is lylat cruise followed by town and city and then dreamland and then duck hunt in that order.

Lylat is easily her best stage because of how the stage tilts allowing for some crazy shenanigans with her side b. You can actually just run and side b on the ground, but it will come out in the air because the stage tilts. Also bullet arts can pretty much cover 3/4 of the stage and again when it tilts, it hits short characters which it usually can't do. Another interesting aspect is that all of the platforms are small enough so that her upsmash can cover the whole space making every tech option covered. Also its really easy to hit her down smash and get the spike because lylat is bull**** in that regard. I can post a video of my bayo in tourney on lylat if you'd like to get an idea of what im talking about.
Yes please!

Top Bottom