• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What alt(s) do you use for Bayonetta?

What alt(s) will you use? Choose wisely, my friends.

• Total voters

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

I saw this kind of thread over in the Corrin board, and I figured it would be a good idea to bring it on over here. After all, everyone knows that copying successful threads is the key to being a successful forumer!

Anyway, come here to discuss Bayonetta's lovely alts! Speak your preference! Judge people for their preferences! Count how many people say they're going to use the Jeanne palette! Make a game out of it!

Personally, I'm gonna stick with OG Bayonetta 1 costume.

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
Probably gonna go with default Bayonetta 2 and white Bayonetta 2. The short pixie cut hairstyle suits her better imo.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Probably gonna go with default Bayonetta 2 and white Bayonetta 2. The short pixie cut hairstyle suits her better imo.
I can't deny her pixie cut is amazing, but something about her original hairdo really appeals to me.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
That blue one in the back might be nice. I wish we had a better shot.

Lakuto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lakutos
OG Bayo 2, Silver Bayo 2 and Red Bayo 1.

If the animation of the Jeanne alt is red and the hair to summon Madama Styx are white, I might consider it too.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I can't decide which alts to use for my characters so I usually just cycle through them all. I'll probably use the OG alts more often though.

thesuperjag

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSuperJAG
Probably all of them. It just depends on my mood. But out of 8 of them. The default Bayo1 and Bayo2 costume appeals to me the most... They are so perfect. The others are "Bayonetta: I can't help it if I like the outfit." :)

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
Blue Bayonetta 1(witch with no memories) alt for me atm

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Silver/White Bayonetta 2 alternate costume.

For double Bayonetta with my static partner, I'll be using the original Bayonetta "A Witch With No Memories" costume while my partner (iiGGY) uses the Jeanne alternate costume.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Silver/White Bayonetta 2 alternate costume.

For double Bayonetta with my static partner, I'll be using the original Bayonetta "A Witch With No Memories" costume while my partner (iiGGY) uses the Jeanne alternate costume.
My, you're certainly planning ahead~ I like that.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Original Bayo 1. There's something on the silly hairstyle that appeals to me.
:196:

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
So it looks like most of us agree that the Jeanne pallette is ugly and poorly executed. I guess it's the thought that counts!

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So it looks like most of us agree that the Jeanne pallette is ugly and poorly executed. I guess it's the thought that counts!
White hair just doesn't fit Bayonetta in my opinion. But if her Wicked Weaves change to white, and she summons the limbs of Madama Styx instead, my tune will change real quick.

Hell, I would love it if any of these alts changes the Wicked Weave colors (like the orange alt changing them to orange). Bayonetta does use her clothes to summon her demons, after all.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
All.

But mostly B2, B2 Jeanne, B2 Silver, B1 and B1 Green.

REALLY hoping B2 Jeanne gets silvery Wicked Weaves. It would be a missed opportunity and seem bit wierd to me, in a way.

Last edited:

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I would most likely use either the bayo 1 or 2 original outfits the most, with me leaning more towards the bayo 2 look.

Last edited:

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
Either her default from the first game or her green one from the first game.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Mainly her original Bayonetta 2 outfit, and a little of her original Bayonetta 1 outfit.

I just don't like wearing non-canon costumes, it feels weird.

Last edited:

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I will only play the default Bayonetta 2 alt. it's the true color. If I have to face a ditto, I may switch to the white Bayonetta 2 alt, because that one looks good too.

Honestly I don't have any problem with the way they made the jeanne alt(while a true jeanne alt would have been better of course), but I just prefer to play Bayonetta and not Jeanne :p

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'll probably be using green Bayo 1 the most (since original Bayo is best Bayo), but blue also looks good. Silver Bayo 2 is my favorite out of her Bayo 2 alts, but it probably won't be used as much as the other two.

The weird salmon/coral-ish color looks interesting, but I can't really judge it because the angle of the picture isn't very good. I don't really care for the "orange alt" (I was under the impression that it was gold), the Jeanne alt looks strange, and I don't use default palettes.

Her palettes are pretty decent overall, though.

Last edited:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Original and blue alt original.

I really wish there were a costume with her old umbra design from the first game, I love that costume so much.

Karinole

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Karinole
Original Bayo 1 default all day! Mainly for the sweet red color of her attacks and because I like Scarborough Fair more.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Original Bayo 2 for training, original Bayo 1 for tourneys and friendlies, Jeanne look for friendlies as well.

ArcGale

Smash Cadet
NNID
Enderores
Ill be using an equal amount of the bayo 1&2 original Alts while sometimes switching to the Red Bayo 1 alt.

_SoRa_

Smash Cadet
I'm with the original from Bayonetta 2 or the white one, both are my favorites so far

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Eh, personally I'm not too fond of most of Bayonetta's colour swaps. For her Bayonetta 2 outfit, the default and the silver one just look too similar. I'm not too crazy about the orange one. In mine opinion, black with colour--especially bright colour--just makes the colour look cheap and the black dull. [Shrugs] Then again, I'm willing to bet it's based off of Loki, since Loki wore orange. I do like the Jeanne costume, though.

As for her Bayonetta 1 outfits, I think they could have picked better choices than the traditional red, green, and blue. The red one looks okay, since it matches her guns. But the green and blue, in mine opinion, just don't go well with that particular design. The green, in mine opinion, doesn't complement her guns--same with the blue. Again, in mine opinion, black with colour makes the colour look cheap and the black boring.

For the Bayonetta 1 costume, I would have done another Jeanne re-colour, a white colour, and kept the red. [Shrugs] But oh well. What's done is done.

I think I'll just stick with the default Bayonetta 2 costume, just how I stick with the default male Robin costume. [Shrugs] Though I might change mine mind later and stick with the default Bayonetta 1 costume, since I really like the chignon; it's very unique and exotic-looking.

Last edited:

4chanJoe

Smash Cadet
NNID
4chinJoe
All these alts are just so good in my eyes. I'm so torn I might just end up cycling through each alt with every match.

Shuckle_SSB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkFire5136
3DS FC
4124-5307-8608
I'm really digging the Red OG Bayonetta alt. Most like will be using that one.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'll probably be using green Bayo 1 the most (since original Bayo is best Bayo), but blue also looks good. Silver Bayo 2 is my favorite out of her Bayo 2 alts, but it probably won't be used as much as the other two.

The weird salmon/coral-ish color looks interesting, but I can't really judge it because the angle of the picture isn't very good. I don't really care for the "orange alt" (I was under the impression that it was gold), the Jeanne alt looks strange, and I don't use default palettes.

Her palettes are pretty decent overall, though.
I thought it was some sort of bronze the first time I saw it. It's a wierd mix of gold and dark orange really.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Blue B1 and original B1 for me, although I'll take the original B2 one from time to time.

I usually am not fond of the green palette swaps (except for normally green characters), but the green one and red one does have some good colors too.

On the other hand, yellow B2 is ugly IMO, and the white one doesn't differ too much from the original B2 outfit. The Jeanne color is nice, but somewhat weird.

In a nutshell, going for the classic red / blue / green for Bayonetta was actually good! (isn't it, Cloud?)

[NameGoesHere]

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4356-2722-9069
Nothing beats the original Bayonetta 2 color.
But a Sky blue and white alt Costume would have been nice aswell.

Top Bottom