• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What advanced techs i need to know as a Wolf player?

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
If you already play Falco you should just stick with him, he's still better than Wolf.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
How isn't it? They have extremely similar play styles and Falco has a better MU spread, if he's already comfortable using Falco there's literally no reason to learn Wolf other than for fun.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
How isn't it? They have extremely similar play styles and Falco has a better MU spread, if he's already comfortable using Falco there's literally no reason to learn Wolf other than for fun.
I never said it wasn't true. He asked what combos after shine, not "should I main wolf or stick with falco".

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
He said he mains Falco in Melee, that isn't prevalent to the rest of the post, so he wouldn't have mentioned it if he wasn't trying to imply that he was thinking of switching. In any case a good place to start learning Wolf combos would be Rat's Wolf tutorial on youtube.

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
He said he mains Falco in Melee, that isn't prevalent to the rest of the post, so he wouldn't have mentioned it if he wasn't trying to imply that he was thinking of switching.
I was thinking he wanted a comparison between Falco's shine combos and wolf's.

Pretty presumptuous.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Actually I DON'T want to use Falco in PM for risk of jacking up my melee Falco. That's why I showed up here.
To answer your original question: Wolf's shine sends people up, not as much as falco's though. Combos are really free form, so it all depends on DI/Character/Percent.

Wolf_Tree

Smash Rookie
NNID
Empty_sky137
ANYWAYS. Here's what can follow shine: Nair, Fair, Uair, Dair, Bair, Upsmash, Side-B(flash) and waveshine. In most cases, you'll find yourself comboing with shine-SHFFL Nair-shine. But you can also use shine-Fair as a combo tool due to the sourspot, or Dair for tech chasing. What I like doing against floaties is shine-shffl fair-shine-shffl uair. Just experiment with Wolf's aerials, because they'll all perfect.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Not to that extent. But wave dash out of blaster isn't that hard.
Well I mean specifically the FH Blaster WL off edge cancel on Yoshi's middle platform to Blaster WL. It becomes easier on BF's higher platform, hence why I was able to do it twice in a row in the video.

Last edited:
Top Bottom