• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WFT has turned my fortunes around-!

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Fair warning. Do not underestimate Wii Fit Trainer. She'll burn up your calories, and then you as a whole with her Sun Salutations!

Wii Fit Trainer seems to excel in having a versatile moveset. She/He can find many uses from the same move, especially since most of the attacks hit both sides. True the hitboxes are a bit weird, but once you get the hang of them, you'll wonder how you struggled before. Wii Fit Trainer is sorely underestimated so many people try approaching her thinking they'll get an easy win. Nope, nope and a resounding nope. To my eternal delight, I've yet to lose as her.

- Her Sun Salutation is both powerful and fast; great for psyching people out if they use reflecting moves too.
- Heading the football can save you from being blasted away, and skim the bottom of the stage if you do a short hop off it and then use the move.
- Deep Breathing... yeah I struggle to defend this one mostly, but it can help once most enemies have at least 130% damage; suddenly her quicker moves might just score that KO.
- Her smashes hit both sides of course, and while they're heavy on lag, they're devastating when they hit. Great for team battles too! The down-smash is quickest and can scupper enemies with horizontal recoveires. Her up-smash has anti-Yoshi written all over it thanks to the brief invincibility it grants.
- Her aerial attacks have all sorts of using; decent approaches, juggling, and a quick meteor smash too. Her neutral-A deals brilliant damage no matter if the enemy is above or below her.

I plan to keep playing as her and picking up more new tricks. She may even become my main over Mario and Yoshi. I hope other people will enjoy playing as her - I always thought she was a great idea for Smash as a lighthearted mock-take of Nintendo's fitness bandwagon era. :)

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Nice! I'm glad you find her easy to use!
Can I ask, do you tend to rely a lot on the Sun Salutation? Are there any other safe ways to approach besides shooting a small sun to trip up opponents, then dashing into them?

Azew

Smash Lord
Can I ask, do you tend to rely a lot on the Sun Salutation? Are there any other safe ways to approach besides shooting a small sun to trip up opponents, then dashing into them?
Tbh I'm not really someone to ask about competetive smash when it comes to WFT trainer. I'm trying to practice with her at the moment. My real strengths lie in Zelda, who I can use very effectively, but I hope to get a lot better at WFT soon. If I were you I'd ask someone else in the WFT community.

Kith

Smash Ace
Sun Salutation is my bread and butter, basically. It comes out quick, does a good amount of damage, and heals? Awesome.

Top Bottom