• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Western SoVa Thread

Heero Yuy

#sweg
All casual and competitive Smashers invited! I'll add you to the player list when you've first come to an event.

Included but not limited to:
Blacksburg (Virginia Tech area), Salem, Roanoke Co., Botetourt Co., Franklin Co., Danville, etc.

Member List So Far:

Heero (I)
Damanye
Smok3W33D4Lyph
GenX
Shadocat
Psyt
What?
Nathan M

CrzySSStylish is banned from all events I host.

Upcoming Events:
Still in the planning process...Stay tuned!

Dreekuz

Smash Rookie
yooooooo!!! im in danville VA! im looking to maybe have some sessions with people and level up my game

melee-falco/marth

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Excellent! I'm in the process of just finding venues for SoVa tournaments and Smashfests. Please stay tuned.

Oh yeah...Welcome, first customer! :D

Edit:

That's Zin
|
|
V

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Thanks Nintendude. I'll first comply with these groups to assure the SoVa group is still around. If so, I'll work vigorously to revive the scene.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Do I? I'd be delighted to! xD

GenX and I are planning to get together sometime this week for friendlies. Today I'll be busy so just come up with a date and perhaps send me a PM w/ your address. Your Facebook profile link would be appreciated, too (no stalker).

EPsilon - Melee - Peach - Radford
Clay - Melee - Peach - Radford
Duhrdy - Melee - Falco - Radford
Andrew - Melee - Falco - Radford
Clint - Melee - Luigi - Radford

All of us except for Duhrdy are in Radford only during college. Duhrdy actually lives in Radford

Also, do any of you also play 3S or AE? Duhrdy also plays UMVC3

GENX

Smash Rookie
Genx/Jozi nice to meet you all. I host when I can at my house. Once I have more than 3 people though we might need more setups because I only currently have one. I main falco and secondary Roy, Marth and a bit of Jiggz. Can't wait to play with all of you.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Also, do any of you also play 3S or AE? Duhrdy also plays UMVC3
I may expand a little for U/MvC3, AE, and TTT2 players, since a few of my friends are also interested. However, I'm not sure how many of us play traditional fighting games. Sorry.

I have one setup available. I'm first looking into Virginia Western Community College as a venue for a startup Smashfest for this new scene. There may or may not be any prizes, since my only goal is to mobilize everyone in SoVa. Also, I'm aiming for free entry.

I may expand a little for U/MvC3, AE, and TTT2 players, since a few of my friends are also interested. However, I'm not sure how many of us play traditional fighting games. Sorry.

I have one setup available. I'm first looking into Virginia Western Community College as a venue for a startup Smashfest for this new scene. There may or may not be any prizes, since my only goal is to mobilize everyone in SoVa.

Clay and I play AE. I have it on PS3, he has it on XBOX 360. My arcade stick's dual modded. I can supply my own setup when needed. Don't worry about prizes for only a fest

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Since there was an original "SoVa Melee" group on Facebook - the one that Nintendude posted - I made an entirely new one to take its place unless it revives overnight. In the meantime, if as many of you can PM me your Facebook page links, I'd be more than happy to friend request you then add you to the new group, "SoVa Smashers 2.0".

GENX

Smash Rookie
The original SoVa melee group is for mostly SouthEast melee players.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
We had our first gathering today at GenX's place which included I, Zin, GenX, and Shadocat. It seemed pretty legit when you speak of terms on getting a group together. Western SoVa Smash is now official. Let's get some peeps recuited!

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Hi and welcome aboard, psyt! I see you're also in the Roanoke area. If you can PM me your Facebook account (if you have one), we'll add you to the western SoVa group in an instant. However, care to tell me if you main Sheik in Brawl, Melee, or P:M?

psyt

Smash Journeyman
I can't be sure, once we play for a good bit I will know haha

Heero Yuy

#sweg
July 19th at GenX's place will be a small kickoff tournament, Super Trash Joe's! All Project M and Melee players welcome! We have eight confirmed attendees so far. I'ma gonna experiment with the Smashboards tourney thing. It'll be the perfect opportunity to get an idea of how this whole site works.

Met

Smash Ace
YO EPSILON WHERE CLINT AT? holy cow i have not posted on this site in like foreverrrrrrrr

BTW falcon in melee Dedede in brawl more then likely i will not be able to come to anything since i am now married with two kids and a full time job. BUT i am glad to see new people who still play you guys are awesome

my tag is JANK

if you are interested here are some old vids of us playing mainly me getting served
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz-eBrYsfa0

Top Bottom