• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Virginia Smashfest/Tournament March 3rd

balladechina212

Smash Ace
Date: Saturday, March 3rd
Time: 11am - as late as 10pm (PLEASE ARRIVE BETWEEN 9-11AM TO SIGN UP AND SET UP)
Madison, WV 25130
Contact info: AIM -- BallaDeChina212 Cell phone: (304)553-4973 (Jack)

RULES:

The rules for this tournament will be pretty standard.

General Match Rules:
  • No items
  • Pause turned off
  • Before each set, each player is allowed to ban (double blind) one stage (neutral or otherwise). If both players ban the same stage, neither of the players is granted another ban and that stage is the only stage banned.
  • First match will use a double blind pick for both characters and be played on a neutral stage or a stage agreed upon by both players.
  • Subsequent matches will utilize Advanced Slob Picks
Neutral Stages:
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Kirby's Dreamland
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Yoshi's Story
Banned Stages:
  • Hyrule Temple
  • Yoshi’s Island 64
  • Termina Bay
  • Fourside
  • FlatZone
  • Yoshi’s Island
  • Big Blue
  • Icicle Mountain
  • Brinstar Depths
  • MKI
  • Venom
  • Mute City and Fountain of Dreams for 2v2
Miscellaneous:
  • Any tactic that is used to excessively stall a match will be reviewed by tournament directors (Jigglypuff’s rising pound stall, Peach’s bomber stall etc.). If necessary, the other character will be awarded a win by default.
  • All glitches that cause the opponent to lose control of his/her character are banned (Ice Climber’s freeze glitch, Mewtwo’s soul stunner, etc.). Any use of these will result in immediate forfeiture of the match.
Singles:
  • Pools will be randomly created with set numbers of players depending on the turnout. Each player will play an equal number of matches (about 4 or 5) in the round robin and their records will determine seeding.
  • These matches will be a set of three 3-stock matches with 6 minute time limits using the General Match Rules above.
  • Note: These rules are subject to change depending on the turnout for the tournament.
Tournament:
  • Double elimination bracket
  • 4-stock matches with 8 minute time limit
  • Best out of three for each set, out of 5 for semifinals, loser's finals, and finals
  • Use General Match Rules above
Doubles:
  • Team Attack is ON
  • Players may agree on team colors.
  • Team one will be in slots 1 and 3 and team two will be in slots 2 and 4.
  • Seeding for bracket will be random.
  • Life stealing is allowed.
  • 4-stock matches with 8 minute time limit
  • Best out of three for each set (subject to change)
  • Use General Match Rules above
  • Double elimination bracket (subject to change)
Prizes:
$10 for singles and $20 per team for doubles
The prize pool will be split roughly 50%, 25%, 10% among first, second, and third place for each tournament.

Money matches and friendlies will be allowed but tournament matches have priority.

PLEASE BRING SETUPS IN ORDER FOR US TO HAVE FUN AND FINISH THIS TOURNAMENT!

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Solid. You know I'm going to be there. I know I can bring a GC/game/memory card and I'm thinking a VCR too. I'll check on that TV though.

Also, I thought it was in Danville? Anyway, I look forward to this. From what I hear, there's going to be a pretty decent turnout which = more money for me XD.

Byped

Smash Cadet
I've heard about this tourny....

there is a rumor going around that Byped , the LEGIT PRO, is a huge favorate....................

will this even be fair?????? (f-air?)

killaxmayne

Smash Apprentice
Lol, I went to this tourney. I was one of the noobs from Madison but I still did decent team-wise. (Third place). I apologize if some of the people got on your guys' nerves. I know some of them were trying to distract people with "dirty" pictures. They all left after a 7th grader (my friend) put out their best.

I would like to go to another SmashFest in WV (hopefully Halo won't be there this time).

Top Bottom