• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"We're Here To Kill Chaos" - Jack (Strangers of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origins) Support Thread

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
vlcsnap_2021_06_13_15h55m18s147.jpg

"I only know one thing. I want to kill Chaos. I need to. It's not a hope or a dream. It's like a hunger. A thirst."

Who is Jack?

Jack is the main protagonist of Square Enix's and Team Ninja's upcoming Final Fantasy project; Strangers of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin. His motivation is that he wants to kill Chaos, the final boss of the first Final Fantasy. He's characterized by his intense anger and desire to kill Chaos.

Why Jack?

Although Final Fantasy Origins isn't set to come out until next year, I think getting an early start to build hype for the upcoming game would be a really smart move on Square's part. Even if FFO isn't coming out on Switch (a damn shame, too. It'd be a perfect fit for the system and I'd love to be able to kill Chaos on the go), any sort of publicity is good publicity. Plus he'd be our first Final Fantasy rep not from FF7, bringing with him a slew of new content even if he comes from a franchise that already has two Smash reps. And who better to rep Final Fantasy's origins than the guy whose game is literally called Final Fantasy Origins.

What can Jack do?

Since FFO incorporates the job system present in many classic Final Fantasy games, there's a ton of options for Jack to pull from. He has access to various weapons and magic that would make him incredibly versatile and offer near limitless moveset potential. You could even have him switch between jobs for his main gimmick, making him something of a stance changer. Aside from that, I can see Jack being a very brutal fighter who can get in and deal a lot of damage at the cost of mobility. He'd be able to rep classic Final Fantasy mechanics while bringing his own unique style to the table.

But we just got Sephiroth as DLC! Isn't another Final Fantasy character overkill?:

yes. But Jack isn't an FF7 character so he'd still be bringing a whole new world with him. Checkmate Chaos Apologists.

But nobody likes Jack! He's too edgy and one-note!

Exactly. That's why he's great.

What content could Jack bring:

Although FFO isn't out yet, we already have a pretty good idea of what content Jack could bring to the table. A stage based on Chaos' Shrine seems like a no-brainer, since that's the prominent location in both the trailer and the demo. As far as music, Jack could bring remixes of classic Final Fantasy tunes with him, along with some tracks from his own game. If what's been released of the soundtrack is indicative of the rest of its quality, I think we can expect some bangers from a hypothetical Jack Pack.

Chaos Killers/Warriors of Light:

OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos
@Tougon
Kenith Kenith
SharkLord SharkLord
Speed Weed Speed Weed
C chocolatejr9

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

While he absolutely deserves to be playable, a Final Fantasy Origins spirit event would be really cool to see. It could have Jack, his two party members, and of course, Chaos.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
While he absolutely deserves to be playable, a Final Fantasy Origins spirit event would be really cool to see. It could have Jack, his two party members, and of course, Chaos.

Yeah, even if Jack doesn't get in, it'd be nice to have him in any capacity. I'd personally love to see Jack get a mii costume in the event that he doesn't make it in. Who wouldn't want to dress their Miis up like Jack?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
But doesn't Chaos do a lot of volunteer work and make a big impact in his community?

ZelDan

Smash Master
If he's included, they should update the game so that anytime Jack is in play, the Shadow assist trophy is disabled.

Or don't disable it and make it so Jack is the only one who can KO it.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
But doesn't Chaos do a lot of volunteer work and make a big impact in his community?
Ah but you see, Chaos only does that to rehabilitate his image and distract from all the other heinous acts he’s committed, such as:
  1. Hating capitalism despite participating in it (ironic)
  2. Buying the last Skylander at Jack’s local Toys R’ Us even though he knew he wanted it
  3. Not being able to bench one plate
  4. Being Team Edward (though I haven’t watched Twilight so I don’t know if I’ll agree with him)
And that’s only the stuff I’m allowed to list on this site. Truly a despicable man who deserves death by the hands of Jack.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Ah but you see, Chaos only does that to rehabilitate his image and distract from all the other heinous acts he’s committed, such as:
  1. Hating capitalism despite participating in it (ironic)
  2. Buying the last Skylander at Jack’s local Toys R’ Us even though he knew he wanted it
  3. Not being able to bench one plate
  4. Being Team Edward (though I haven’t watched Twilight so I don’t know if I’ll agree with him)
And that’s only the stuff I’m allowed to list on this site. Truly a despicable man who deserves death by the hands of Jack.
My god, you're right. I bet he's the reason why there's a face-shaped piss stain on my doormat too.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Y'know what? I'll join too. The memes are pretty funny, not gonna lie.

As for Chaos, remember: he poisoned our water supply, burned our crops, and brought a plague unto our houses.

Top Bottom